Weather Talk

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is what it is next few days. This coming week suppose to be a little cooler with rain chances.

We dodged storms few days ago. I'm glad too.

ExtendedForecast

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DRY heat...oven like. In 1972 when I was stationed at Luke AFB I saw 156 degrees inside my new light blue K20 Chevy long bed. It would turn chocolate into liquid. Can't wait!! We see 105-108 here but rarely. The property we are buying is at 3200' so not like Phoenix Valley and South. 91 is as warm as I have seen but will do up to 100 but not often reflected in 50 year temp records. Average snow fall...8" annually. We got over 90" last winter...still snow on the higher mountains. My tractor has A/C. RememberI grew up in Central Florida...95F and 90% humidity...this is SO MUCH BETTER!!

I sold my Pioneer 700 yesterday to a young logger with a wad of cash. Nice kid!! I plan to buy another Honda ATV once we get settled in the new land. I have a 300' hill with lots of hiding spots for rattle snakes on the property and huge wilderness area 8 miles or so to the NW. Mt Tipton is 8,000' so I need something that I can explore with...Like the Honda ATV you just bought...nice rig!! OR, a new model 500 but I bet it still has always locked rear axle too.

As a former SXS owner I guess I need to turn in my membership card and bow out gracefully. Or not...
Nothing wrong with going back to a quad IMHO. If you’re not hauling passengers with you they are far cheaper.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hey @Caper ! With all this talk about heat, maybe you can relate to this FJ40 photo I just found, best way to beat the heat when crusin’ in the Cruiser. Good memories, pre SxS days.
IMG 0535

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hey @Caper ! With all this talk about heat, maybe you can relate to this FJ40 photo I just found, best way to beat the heat when crusin’ in the Cruiser. Good memories, pre SxS days.
View attachment 393972
I took the roof off and went to the camp for a few days. No rain, but got really stuck in the trail. Had everyone pushing. I said don’t stand behind the back wheels. Of course two girls stood behind them both. I got out but they were covered from head to toe. They actually took their clothes off and went in the river. I think we laughed for the whole time down. We still laugh. I actually talked today about it with my wife. Up here the rust killed them. It was a great 4x4. I see them in the auction once and awhile on tv, most are $80 K plus.
Thanks Mudder
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It only got to 100.7* today and around 31% humidity, so the feel like temp was like the real temp.
I was saying that to my wife today, then I remembered working on a New Minesweeper sitting on the slide being built. I was working on second level down doing cabins. It was like an oven or n the summer. I took a thermometer in one day, and it was 140 F, It was hot. Hard to keep working, but I did. 😊
Did it for 12 minesweepers. But a couple I was stadging chargehand. Then Joiner charge hand. Just walk around and answer questions and gab. 😊
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!