Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just had a reputable roofing company check our roofs. We have significant damages to all our roofs - the main house, the pole barn, and even the chicken coop structure.

Claim has been filed/started. :rolleyes:

Still waiting on the inspection/adjuster, but the first quote I received from a reputable, recommended roofing company was just this side of $47,000 for roof, gutters, & gutter guards on the house and the pole barn and roof on the outbuilding/chicken coop.

:/

• Wow
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Incoming heat wave in near future. @Smitty335 @Wallace
Image5

• Haha
  • Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Incoming heat wave in near future. @Smitty335 @Wallace
View attachment 392838
Remember when you were a kid and we turned on the sprinpler and ran thru it to cool off? I grew up on a lake in Fl but the water was very warm until you got down 15' or more...well water was a lot cooler.

39 going to 70...I think you folks down South are getting our Summer weather. Happy Summer!!

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can't take the heat like I used to, I've had a few heat strokes in my younger days, But I freeze in a house at 71*, 75* is perfect for me.
I'm with you 75 is great! I'm just the opposite...I can't/won't deal with the cold temps day after day after day! It's the first day of Summer and it's cold outside...the sun is warm but air is COLD! That's why #1 son and I are buying 55 acres and will build a house and shop14 miles North of Kingman, AZ. It's 81 there now...and 59 outside in North Idaho. I love Idaho but am weary of the cold. I'm fixing the problem.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm with you 75 is great! I'm just the opposite...I can't/won't deal with the cold temps day after day after day! It's the first day of Summer and it's cold outside...the sun is warm but air is COLD! That's why #1 son and I are buying 55 acres and will build a house and shop14 miles North of Kingman, AZ. It's 81 there now...and 59 outside in North Idaho. I love Idaho but am weary of the cold. I'm fixing the problem.
I just bought my life time fishing license and trout stamp. $ 21.00

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yea, we had a little bit of precipitation this afternoon.

It started as a nice, bright, sunny day.

A little light rain started coming down.

Then a little hail came:

View attachment 392176

Which then became this:

View attachment 392177

And this on our back upper deck:

View attachment 392178 View attachment 392179
View attachment 392180

This is the neighbor's house. Everything you see is (was) a gravel driveway. Those are all branches and leaves from the trees on top of about 3" of packed hail:

View attachment 392181

Other neighbor just finished grading, seeding, and putting hay over his soon to be new grass yard (they just built the house). Suffice it to say, there will be no grass any time soon. Also, he had three vehicles parked outside that look like someone dropped a million golf balls on them. :(
Yeah they look like they would hurt if they hit you in the head. Ouch.
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We hit 72 and constant terrible hot sun, unrelenting blue skies with no end in sight.
Trade you, we’re going to have rain for over a week ahead.
Bought an atv yesterday. So when I go to the camp with our daughter , I don’t have to sit in the trailer going for a drive. Bought a 2001 Honda foreman Rubicam 500. It’s in good shape. Only 2,400 miles. Has a couple little things, but not much. It’s in good shape.
Caper

IMG 1996 IMG 1992

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Still waiting on the inspection/adjuster, but the first quote I received from a reputable, recommended roofing company was just this side of $47,000 for roof, gutters, & gutter guards on the house and the pole barn and roof on the outbuilding/chicken coop.

:/
That’s crazy
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Wait till it’s over 100 in Arizona. 😊
Caper

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wait till it’s over 100 in Arizona. 😊
Caper
DRY heat...oven like. In 1972 when I was stationed at Luke AFB I saw 156 degrees inside my new light blue K20 Chevy long bed. It would turn chocolate into liquid. Can't wait!! We see 105-108 here but rarely. The property we are buying is at 3200' so not like Phoenix Valley and South. 91 is as warm as I have seen but will do up to 100 but not often reflected in 50 year temp records. Average snow fall...8" annually. We got over 90" last winter...still snow on the higher mountains. My tractor has A/C. RememberI grew up in Central Florida...95F and 90% humidity...this is SO MUCH BETTER!!

I sold my Pioneer 700 yesterday to a young logger with a wad of cash. Nice kid!! I plan to buy another Honda ATV once we get settled in the new land. I have a 300' hill with lots of hiding spots for rattle snakes on the property and huge wilderness area 8 miles or so to the NW. Mt Tipton is 8,000' so I need something that I can explore with...Like the Honda ATV you just bought...nice rig!! OR, a new model 500 but I bet it still has always locked rear axle too.

As a former SXS owner I guess I need to turn in my membership card and bow out gracefully. Or not...

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!