Talon What you don't like about the Talon...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
From what I've read so far the R is made for wide open areas and big jumps and high speed bumps, there's not much real information out there that I can find on the specs. Are the Fox shocks on the Talon tunable/rebuildable by sending them back to an authorized servicing shop? The R will probably need some attention in that dept. for the woods?????????? I would think the rebound would be different for the woods??????????????????

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
From what I've read so far the R is made for wide open areas and big jumps and high speed bumps, there's not much real information out there that I can find on the specs. Are the Fox shocks on the Talon tunable/rebuildable by sending them back to an authorized servicing shop? The R will probably need some attention in that dept. for the woods?????????? I would think the rebound would be different for the woods??????????????????
Please don't get me wrong, I like high speed woods riding:eek: Wonder if Honda has improved the revolutions it takes to go from right lock to left lock on the steering?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
They are fully rebuildable. If they are anything like the videos, I will probably respring and revalve them. Videos might be pre-production units and might be better now.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are fully rebuildable. If they are anything like the videos, I will probably respring and revalve them. Videos might be pre-production units and might be better now.
Know anything about the steering?

Reactions: BWAF
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About the best video out there I guess. Doesn't explain in as much detail as I'd like.

Definitely uses wheel speed sensors and simply applies brake force to the slipping tire. I assume the brake force is variable since it has the ability to also vary the brake bias. I guess it must also have some type of minimum slip value that needs to be met before applying brake force, otherwise it seems like it would be applying brake force when just turning at a slow speed (since the outside tire would be spinning faster than the inside tire)? Or maybe it is looking for a rate of change for the wheel slip, that would probably make more since?

I'm not claiming to know anything... But I do wish I knew a whole lot more, that's for sure!

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
About the best video out there I guess. Doesn't explain in as much detail as I'd like.

Definitely uses wheel speed sensors and simply applies brake force to the slipping tire. I assume the brake force is variable since it has the ability to also vary the brake bias. I guess it must also have some type of minimum slip value that needs to be met before applying brake force, otherwise it seems like it would be applying brake force when just turning at a slow speed (since the outside tire would be spinning faster than the inside tire)? Or maybe it is looking for a rate of change for the wheel slip, that would probably make more since?

I'm not claiming to know anything... But I do wish I knew a whole lot more, that's for sure!

Sometimes you just have to let the equipment be smart enough for both of you.

Reactions: sharp and Landman
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey ya'll know they put on 15" rims so you could go with the [HASHTAG]#trucktires[/HASHTAG] @Hondasxs

Some 32" BFG's would be sweet!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There seems to be a decent amount of space between the floor of the bed and the frame / differential area. I think it would have been cool if they would have done a hatch in the bed to access a compartment where you could store Trail Essentials like recovery strap and tire repair Etc
F4b44509ae7d6d7dd81a3750ca4b0186

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That explains my issue! HA!
As a kid I was always trying to find a way to put my hamsters in an RC car. That’s what we need to figure out for you, a few servos in a turbo RZR and let er rip potator chip. See if can’t give you a great ride:)

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!