Talon What you don't like about the Talon...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Last I saw was pricing in Jan and start delivering in April. I did have a dealer 2 weeks ago tell me he was expecting them Late Dec-Early Jan.
Who knows? But I went ahead and ordered my invisible tool set for my invisible Talon, HA!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

i4wd vs manual locking in a nut shell.
Ah no. For one that looks to be open diff, it’s in 2wd with most weight over front tires and American trucks are sloppy getting power to ground from a start so it would break traction quickly. That truck is not double locker and those aren’t manual lock anyways, it’s being tugged by awd.
4 tires vs. 1

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ah no. For one that dually is probably open diff, it’s in 2wd with most weight over tires and American trucks are sloppy getting power to ground from a start so it would break traction quickly. That truck is not double locker and it’s being tugged by awd.
Yea! What he said! HA!

Reactions: BWAF
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's not green man. Where's the green bro? When I roll the Talon, it'll be like a rolling big fatty man....maybe they should make it all the different prisms of the green color spectrum man...wow...man.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Ah no. For one that looks to be open diff, it’s in 2wd with most weight over front tires and American trucks are sloppy getting power to ground from a start so it would break traction quickly. That truck is not double locker and those aren’t manual lock anyways, it’s being tugged by awd.
4 tires vs. 1
fine then debbie downer. ill take my hillard clutch and see you at the top of the mountain lol.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why isn't there a brown one either?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
the i4 stuff works similar to the AWD right? as opposed to distributing power from the wheel thats slipping and transferring it to the one thats planted with a computer the i4 applies break to the slipping wheel to transfer power via open front end to the other side? or am i missing something?

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
20181129 151143

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the i4 stuff works similar to the AWD right? as opposed to distributing power from the wheel thats slipping and transferring it to the one thats planted with a computer the i4 applies break to the slipping wheel to transfer power via open front end to the other side? or am i missing something?

I would make the assumption they drew tech and know how from the Acura SH-AWD team, they do share a building...and I assume it its not the only bit of tech or tools they walked next door and borrowed.

The Acura SH-AWD I had was a BAMF on icy roads and handled really well vs the vehicle FWD model in wet conditions. I could power slide it in a wet wide open parking lot will all for tires spinning without it losing its s*** (it would warn me that the traction control was actively trying to correct the loss of traction ...hehe). I think nailing the brakes in either of those would be a bad idea. I think its supposed to control the torque not stop the wheels. Its not a mall crawling SUV, those SUCK.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My local Dealer just told me he would have pricing in a couple weeks and Honda said they expected them be to him sometime in March.
We are still 5 months from Takeover, so a lot can or even can't happen between now and then. I was told a few weeks ago not to expect to see any if very few Talons in hands of owners by May 1st but there would likely be a few Talons there. Take that with however much salt its worth. Even if available , and no matter how much I want one, I probably wont have one until at least fall of next year.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
No the technology works entirely different for this off road application nothing like auto AWD, traction control, or ABS.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!