Talon What you don't like about the Talon...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here is the first 5 events Honda has listed for Talon demo rides, all after our Takeover. But the one 3 weeks after Takeover is 15 miles from the house. So that will be my chance to try one, unless some friends of friends from Ohio feel generous.

View attachment 95729
I sure wish we had a better local Honda dealer here. Can test drive any Yami I want in actual trails but Honda is a helmet around the parking lot from a dealer pushing Polaris to a guy that’s bought 7 Honda machines from them. Frustrating!
I’d be down to drive to Utah for a test. Consider flying somewhere too

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For all those who are complaining

View attachment 95730

Lol, I couldn’t help myself. Saw this at Fastenal today.
My son has already blown up a Talon. Just sitting there in the back 40. It’s got i4wd lol.

5A5FD6A9 2527 4F79 8EDD F2D2788E23E1

C

Chooglin

I got an email from Honda saying they would have the talon at the Cleveland bike show. I doubt there will be test rides. But it will be a chances to talk @Chooglin into buying one.
I will be going to that show just to check out the new Talon. My only worry is , I won't be able to get close enough to it , because of the crowd that will be surrounding it. I am hoping to go on Friday during the day , maybe it won't be so bad.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be going to that show just to check out the new Talon. My only worry is , I won't be able to get close enough to it , because of the crowd that will be surrounding it. I am hoping to go on Friday during the day , maybe it won't be so bad.
Keep me in the loop with your plans. I may just book a vacation day and talk Rhoni into going.
We are planning on going so we can check out some helmet options. I figure it is a good a place as any to see what is offered.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sure wish we had a better local Honda dealer here. Can test drive any Yami I want in actual trails but Honda is a helmet around the parking lot from a dealer pushing Polaris to a guy that’s bought 7 Honda machines from them. Frustrating!
I’d be down to drive to Utah for a test. Consider flying somewhere too

Well....YOU have bought 7 machines from them.....

CP: *lofts softball*

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I was looking at my Sky Miles tuesday night! Honda is doing a show in NY this weekend and in TX in Jan. Surely the Talon will be there.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well....YOU have bought 7 machines from them.....

CP: *lofts softball*
I see what you’re saying there lol. Hey we still have a couple and a couple the kids did outgrow. They weren’t all replacements! Only one from there was. Oh ya and a Honda generator.
But with that much business you would assume they’d take care of people better.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was looking at my Sky Miles tuesday night! Honda is doing a show in NY this weekend and in TX in Jan. Surely the Talon will be there.

Here is what the Honda Powersports page had listed for seeing the Talon on display. I just might have to take an RV delivery to Cleburne, TX after new years and stop at the Dallas show on way back.

Talon viewing events

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you decide to come to Cleveland, and I'm not sure why anyone would. I could arrange sleeping quarters for you.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see what you’re saying there lol. Hey we still have a couple and a couple the kids did outgrow. They weren’t all replacements! Only one from there was. Oh ya and a Honda generator.
But with that much business you would assume they’d take care of people better.

The mixed brand dealer 15mins from me lets you rip around in the Popo but won't let you do anything but cruise the parking lot at 5-10mph in ANY Honda citing "Clutch issues", the BS is so deep there you need a helicopter.

SERVICE is where dealers make their money not the machine, I walked back to their service area and there were nothing but Popos, a couple of Yamaha cruisers (prob oil changes), and no Hondas of ANY type except the ones getting their assembly. This was before the clutch thing ever started ( I think you were still on the 700) and he was talking about 500s AND 700s in the clutch issue and fire problems.

I drove my cynical ass 3hrs to get a 1000 several months later, I am not the only one who had the experience.

Within the last month my neighbor and his buddy were both looking (his buddy bought a 700 from Mississippi), went to this stealership and was told numerous fires and clutch problems, that it was nothing but recalls, said people were getting killed because of the clutch issue and subsequent brake failures...I pointed them both to the forum and told them to search to their hearts content. Wife's Cousin also had a similar experience when he was looking at his 1000 about 18months ago. The multi brand stealerships make very little money off the Hondas after the sale, why let the customer get what they need when you can guarantee a service pipeline for a few years after the sale with what you push. If I am at a dealer I already know more than the salesman does about what I am looking for when I walk in the door, I have done my research, I know the issues people claim and have and have made a choice based on my needs not a salesman "want to sells". I usually go to a single brand dealer if possible or one that pushes a particular make if I am looking for THAT make because there tend to be more choices of THAT make at that dealer.

This stealership also tells people that physical location is a level five Honda Powerhouse dealer, again boldfaced lie. They are part of a group of @10 dealerships and ONE of them in south Alabama is a HONDA Powerhouse dealer.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Dealer told me they expect to see them mid January / early February ?????
Last I saw was pricing in Jan and start delivering in April. I did have a dealer 2 weeks ago tell me he was expecting them Late Dec-Early Jan.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
This is not a complaint, just an observation. From what I can tell from the pictures, the Talon does not seem to have a front sway bar. Can anyone confirm? Don't the RZR's and the can am's run front sway bars now? I'm not 100%, but think they do.

With so much travel that could cause quite a bit of body roll. We won't know how they handle until one of us gets one.

Turbo Rzrs come with front sway bar 1ks and the rest dont. most take them off for trail riding to smooth the ride out.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!