Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah, but you drive a rzr. Lol

Where is the nasty stuff coming out?
They've been doing this for years on boat trailers, only it's built into the hub. Now there's an idea, grease sert behind the center cap on the wheel.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
^he's got a point. I couldnt use it. i have a hard time not crushing my center caps as it is.
Don't have in gouges on my center cap yet, but my wheels are a different story.

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
^he's got a point. I couldnt use it. i have a hard time not crushing my center caps as it is.
A racing buddy of mine, him not me, showed me a neat trick with sealed bearings. Very carefully pry the seal out of a sealed bearing add grease to a brand new bearing, reinstall seals, now you have a sealed bearing full of grease instead of little.

Reactions: popeye and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Drill and tap hub spindle for sert, make grease passage to area on both sides of bearing perpendicular to hub shafts don't use sealed bearings, that's how boat trailers hubs are made.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
J

JTW

They've been doing this for years on boat trailers, only it's built into the hub. Now there's an idea, grease sert behind the center cap on the wheel.
Isn't that basically what a buddy bearing is?

J

JTW

Drill and tap hub spindle for sert, make grease passage to area on both sides of bearing perpendicular to hub shafts don't use sealed bearings, that's how boat trailers hubs are made.
IMG 4512

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Isn't that basically what a buddy bearing is?
No The spindle has no grease passage to put new grease right on bearing

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

YEA i was reminded of that on the rescue missions i tagged along in and parking lot repairs i helped with during the take over. but im sure that kinda stuff never happens it was all just a fluke :)
Lol.. should'a bought a Kubota!

Reactions: Shannon840
P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got one from “machined integrations “ works great. Remember to turn as you pump grease in. I was really surprised when my brand new wheel bearing took 40 pumps of grease before any came out

Reactions: TripleB
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A racing buddy of mine, him not me, showed me a neat trick with sealed bearings. Very carefully pry the seal out of a sealed bearing add grease to a brand new bearing, reinstall seals, now you have a sealed bearing full of grease instead of little.

Been doing that on my dirt bikes and quads since I was knee high to a grass hopper. Have found over the years a razor blade to the outside edge of the seal to pry out removes it, and won’t disturb the inner seal portion

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
J

JTW

I got one from “machined integrations “ works great. Remember to turn as you pump grease in. I was really surprised when my brand new wheel bearing took 40 pumps of grease before any came out
Ummmm, me thinks you may have put too much in there. I would expect you’ll have a mess on your hands before long.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ummmm, me thinks you may have put too much in there. I would expect you’ll have a mess on your hands before long.

Watch this video, granted it’s of a canam bearing, but I’m sure Honda’s come with minimal grease also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
M

Mobius396

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2019
Muskego, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How often are you guys greasing your bearings if your not mudding? Is this something that should be done fairly soon after purchase?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!