P1000 Wheels, Tires, Lifts, Shocks, A-arms..........etc.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, here we go again. A while ago I posted about how to do the dual battery/wiring, all the under the hood stuff. Well with the advice I received from ya'll and some of my own planning I built a really nice workable system. Now I'm ready to tackle the suspension/ ride issues. I'll tell you what I think I'm wanting and hopefully ya'll will shoot me some leads and again I can built another workable system.
I'm not sure about tires, but maybe 28" with 12" bead locks 5+2 6/8 ply, something really good in sand, some hardpack, some pavement. A possible slight lift 2" maybe 4". Beefed up A-arms. Shocks, I'm leaning toward Elkas, stage what? I have no clue. I would say my riding style is moderate.

Ok, everyone, please help me, tell me what to get.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, here we go again. A while ago I posted about how to do the dual battery/wiring, all the under the hood stuff. Well with the advice I received from ya'll and some of my own planning I built a really nice workable system. Now I'm ready to tackle the suspension/ ride issues. I'll tell you what I think I'm wanting and hopefully ya'll will shoot me some leads and again I can built another workable system.
I'm not sure about tires, but maybe 28" with 12" bead locks 5+2 6/8 ply, something really good in sand, some hardpack, some pavement. A possible slight lift 2" maybe 4". Beefed up A-arms. Shocks, I'm leaning toward Elkas, stage what? I have no clue. I would say my riding style is moderate.

Ok, everyone, please help me, tell me what to get.
I had some of the same questions a while back and got some helpful info from this thread. About post 61 you will find info on the 28" Berserkers on 12" wheels. P1000 - Need info/input to make knowledgeable decision

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replacing the springs that come on them with aftermarket springs.

I've never bought shocks for a sxs but I have for lots of both dirt bikes and street bikes. If I'm buying new Fox shocks why wouldn't I order them with the spring rate I want?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've never bought shocks for a sxs but I have for lots of both dirt bikes and street bikes. If I'm buying new Fox shocks why wouldn't I order them with the spring rate I want?
They are presprung for the Pioneer. They make a 3-seater version and a 5-seater version that are sprung differently. You don't get to choose the spring rate unfortunately.

Reactions: JTW
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If you like adjusting springs 814 maybe a good option.

P1000 - 814 Shocks

advertisement
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are ya'll finding the very best prices for the shocks, tires, arms........

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!