P1000 Wheels, Tires, Lifts, Shocks, A-arms..........etc.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, here we go again. A while ago I posted about how to do the dual battery/wiring, all the under the hood stuff. Well with the advice I received from ya'll and some of my own planning I built a really nice workable system. Now I'm ready to tackle the suspension/ ride issues. I'll tell you what I think I'm wanting and hopefully ya'll will shoot me some leads and again I can built another workable system.
I'm not sure about tires, but maybe 28" with 12" bead locks 5+2 6/8 ply, something really good in sand, some hardpack, some pavement. A possible slight lift 2" maybe 4". Beefed up A-arms. Shocks, I'm leaning toward Elkas, stage what? I have no clue. I would say my riding style is moderate.

Ok, everyone, please help me, tell me what to get.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, here we go again. A while ago I posted about how to do the dual battery/wiring, all the under the hood stuff. Well with the advice I received from ya'll and some of my own planning I built a really nice workable system. Now I'm ready to tackle the suspension/ ride issues. I'll tell you what I think I'm wanting and hopefully ya'll will shoot me some leads and again I can built another workable system.
I'm not sure about tires, but maybe 28" with 12" bead locks 5+2 6/8 ply, something really good in sand, some hardpack, some pavement. A possible slight lift 2" maybe 4". Beefed up A-arms. Shocks, I'm leaning toward Elkas, stage what? I have no clue. I would say my riding style is moderate.

Ok, everyone, please help me, tell me what to get.
I had some of the same questions a while back and got some helpful info from this thread. About post 61 you will find info on the 28" Berserkers on 12" wheels. P1000 - Need info/input to make knowledgeable decision

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replacing the springs that come on them with aftermarket springs.

I've never bought shocks for a sxs but I have for lots of both dirt bikes and street bikes. If I'm buying new Fox shocks why wouldn't I order them with the spring rate I want?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've never bought shocks for a sxs but I have for lots of both dirt bikes and street bikes. If I'm buying new Fox shocks why wouldn't I order them with the spring rate I want?
They are presprung for the Pioneer. They make a 3-seater version and a 5-seater version that are sprung differently. You don't get to choose the spring rate unfortunately.

Reactions: JTW
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If you like adjusting springs 814 maybe a good option.

P1000 - 814 Shocks

advertisement
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are ya'll finding the very best prices for the shocks, tires, arms........