Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
All have to remember most videos show the highlights err the lowlights , no one wants to see a video of just running down the road . Always a safe way around most anything. On this trip I honestly can’t remember anything worthy of 4 wheel drive .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I took this trip with the group last year, nothing very aggressive at all . There is several miles of rocky trails around carry flats but nothing major as to grades and obstacles . We went back by road mostly. I assume the group will eat at the prison as we did. Not sure about your dog during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Sounds Great, I am in if You-All don't mind putting up with My Wife and Dog :) Thanks for the info sounds like a good time, I am soooooo Looking Forward to the Pioneer Ride because all that We have ever been around are RZR`S in Kentucky. We have been riding past couple yrs. In Ky. and you hardly ever see a Pioneer in the area We ride. You-All may have to break me of some bad habits o_O We will be down wed. mid day a Thursday ride would be Great,,,,,,,

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
OK Sounds Great, I am in if You-All don't mind putting up with My Wife and Dog :) Thanks for the info sounds like a good time, I am soooooo Looking Forward to the Pioneer Ride because all that We have ever been around are RZR`S in Kentucky. We have been riding past couple yrs. In Ky. and you hardly ever see a Pioneer in the area We ride. You-All may have to break me of some bad habits o_O We will be down wed. mid day a Thursday ride would be Great,,,,,,,
Where do you ride in Ky ? Also are you from the Brookville in NE Ohio near Pa ?

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where do you ride in Ky ? Also are you from the Brookville in NE Ohio near Pa ?

No, Brookville west of Dayton Oh. We go to Natural Bridge Red River Gorge area a lot We have some friends around Leeco Ky. Area , Hollerwood Trail Park also, it is a Great place to ride if You have some Locals to show You around, We have been to Harlan Ky. a couple times and like it down there also,,,

Reactions: seig and TimG
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I volunteer to lead another group from the campground to the Mexican restaurant and back.
Hell we are in for that also!!!!

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No, Brookville west of Dayton Oh. We go to Natural Bridge Red River Gorge area a lot We have some friends around Leeco Ky. Area , Hollerwood Trail Park also, it is a Great place to ride if You have some Locals to show You around, We have been to Harlan Ky. a couple times and like it down there also,,,
Ok. Near Brookville lake. You are gonna love RRB and the TO.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just Read an article on line where that train is owned by a couple of Gentlemen that own the New River General Store on 116,,

Reactions: seig and Russ989
MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i work out 3 am Wednesday morning, We hopefully pulling out by 6, so if it happens Thursday and you can put up with a new guy, wife and dog .... I am in as it sounds like Jakal has a handle on New River, was riding at new river several year ago and if i had not been with a local i would of been in trouble, but man that clear water was good... HA

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok I have a couple questions, what type of trails are We talking to get to prison and train I have a Wife and Dog to keep happy , roughly about how long is the round trip, I would be interested in Thursday if it is not to aggressive trail wise o_O:)

When I have a long distance ride like this (approximately 100 miles + round trip) I would never take difficult trails. The day will be long enough as it is without people having to negotiate obstacles and try to stay upright.

This type of ride is about seeing the scenery, checking out the POI of the New River Train and the Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary.

Historic Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary

For those that don't know the BMP is a county ran tourist attraction in an old Maximum security prison, the Wardens Table Restuarant is definitely a must do, reasonable prices and good food.

http://www.tourbrushy.com/wardens-table-resteraunt

Optionally you can self guide tour the prison for $12 if interested, allowing about 2hrs to walk the and read and see the history.

Also is the gift shop and the End of the Line distillery they have onsite moonshine and vodka.

It's a good ride, I personally recommend going by trail to it ( about 5 hours with a big group) and take 75% backroads back ( about 2 hours) at that rate it's a 10-11 hour day from departure to return. With several photo OP stops for overlooks and POIs.

Screenshot 20191216 223422 Chrome Brushy4of6 Brushy5of6 Brushy Wardens Table Restaurant 08 Brushy Wardens Table Restaurant 03 Brushy Wardens Table Restaurant 01 Brushy Wardens Table Restaurant 10 Screenshot 20191216 223627 Chrome

Last edited:
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I have a long distance ride like this (approximately 100 miles + round trip) I would never take difficult trails. The day will be long enough as it is without people having to negotiate obstacles and try to stay upright.

This type of ride is about seeing the scenery, checking out the POI of the New River Train and the Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary.

Historic Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary

For those that don't know the BMP is a county ran tourist attraction in an old Maximum security prison, the Wardens Table Restuarant is definitely a must do, reasonable prices and good food.

http://www.tourbrushy.com/wardens-table-resteraunt

Optionally you can self guide tour the prison for $12 if interested, allowing about 2hrs to walk the and read and see the history.

Also is the gift shop and the End of the Line distillery they have onsite moonshine and vodka.

It's a good ride, I personally recommend going by trail to it ( about 5 hours with a big group) and take 75% backroads back ( about 2 hours) at that rate it's a 10-11 hour day from departure to return. With several photo OP stops for overlooks and POIs.

View attachment 170904 View attachment 170905 View attachment 170906 View attachment 170907 View attachment 170908 View attachment 170909 View attachment 170910 View attachment 170912

Thank You and Anyone involved in organizing this, Sounds Great and We are very much Looking forward to this, I assume that gathering times and locations will come as time draws near :) Thank You again for organizing this and the info,,,,,,

Reactions: seig and TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!