Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tent with cots are great especially when its raining. You can sit up or stand. Heater when it's cold. Change clothes ect

Reactions: JTW and stellarpod
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tent with cots are great especially when its raining. You can sit up or stand. Heater when it's cold. Change clothes ect

I don't disagree. But you were also dividing all your stuff among multiple machines. Would you do it the same way with just 1 machine to haul everything for 2 people?

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a cool trailer but I can't seem to find anything about it.

came across these trailers but a little too big to pull with the Honda.
That's an awsome build. Makes me want to start a new build!

Reactions: JTW and Cuoutdoors
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's an awsome build. Makes me want to start a new build!

I've thought a lot about What I would take if the wife and I did an overland trip. I think with the amount of stuff required for 2 people, a small trailer like the one in the video would be the way to go. Without it there is a lot of weight on the machine and a big sacrifice in ride quality. Easy to unhook and chain to a tree if you stay in one place for a few nights.

J

JTW

I've thought a lot about What I would take if the wife and I did an overland trip. I think with the amount of stuff required for 2 people, a small trailer like the one in the video would be the way to go. Without it there is a lot of weight on the machine and a big sacrifice in ride quality. Easy to unhook and chain to a tree if you stay in one place for a few nights.
I would have to if I ever do an overland type ride with my family... one or two guys in a sxs is manageable but the family complicates things!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I have never had to think of what I would take with the wife on an overland trip because she would never go lol. I can't imagine trying it would be nightmarish.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I almost got caught up in the Over-landing craze with a trailer, but thought it out in my little mind, take a tent and cots, that's bigger and lighter than a trailer and do the same thing? And no chain and lock? Just Smitty's way of thinking. HA!

Reactions: stellarpod
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I almost got caught up in the Over-landing craze with a trailer, but thought it out in my little mind, take a tent and cots, that's bigger and lighter than a trailer and do the same thing? And no chain and lock? Just Smitty's way of thinking. HA!

I kind of like "Smitty's way of thinking". 😁

Steve

• Wow
Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Was it the chain and lock that made you draw the line?

It can certainly be done in just the sxs. If people can backpack through the mountains and carry everything, surely the little ol pioneer can handle it.

It just depends if you want to be a "minimalist" (thats the new hip term) or if you want to have a few more luxuries along the way.

But smitty i've seen you drink and if you don't take a trailer you wont have any room for the tent or the cots.

J

JTW

It can certainly be done in just the sxs. If people can backpack through the mountains and carry everything, surely the little ol pioneer can handle it.

It just depends if you want to be a "minimalist" (thats the new hip term) or if you want to have a few more luxuries along the way.

But smitty i've seen you drink and if you don't take a trailer you wont have any room for the tent or the cots.
He can’t set up a tent anyway..

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I'll just take dehydrated beer, DUGH! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Chains and locks kind of freaks me out, sounds like something out of a B class movie. If you like the chain thing go for it! HA! Just being Smitty!

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!