P1000 bent frame?

P

Powder

Apr 23, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took the roll bars off my Pioneer 1000-5. I know those bars are also there to help with the structural integrity of the frame while driving. I plan on driving on a gravel road at 5-15mph's pulling a trailer. I will not be 'off-roading' with it. There may be the occasional wet spot to go through.

How much risk am I taking that the frame may bend?

Reactions: BWAF
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
It may be that you will become the expert to answer this question at some point in the future.

I would at least, take a measurement across the posts you have left exposed, and keep them somewhere safe. I would check it every 6 months or so and see if it is changing. If it is, you can put the ROPS back on while you still can.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I took the roll bars off my Pioneer 1000-5. I know those bars are also there to help with the structural integrity of the frame while driving. I plan on driving on a gravel road at 5-15mph's pulling a trailer. I will not be 'off-roading' with it. There may be the occasional wet spot to go through.

How much risk am I taking that the frame may bend?
Did you take off all of the cage or just the rear portion?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
P

Powder

Apr 23, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I needed to put a rack over the top of the sxs to put a boat on. To put the boat over the top of the roll cage, on top of the trailer would have made it way to high and the boat would act like a sail when trying to drive. When I get to where I'm going I will take the sxs off the trailer and pull the trailer down the trail with the boat still on it so I can get to the lake.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wouldn’t do that to be honest. When I replaced my whole cage I had it on the floor while off and my wife jacked up the corners to take tires off for replacement and I noticed how much it moved around.
The frame underneath isn’t like a truck frame where the rails are tall. It’s bolted together underneath and I feel it needs the upper stucture for strength. I’m worried first big bump it’d be a mess. Doubt the front doors would even open. That’s just my opinion though

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I needed to put a rack over the top of the sxs to put a boat on. To put the boat over the top of the roll cage, on top of the trailer would have made it way to high and the boat would act like a sail when trying to drive. When I get to where I'm going I will take the sxs off the trailer and pull the trailer down the trail with the boat still on it so I can get to the lake.
This sounds like a terrible idea. I get what you are trying to do but I'd find another way. How big is boat and trailer you're using? Post some pics and info I'll try to give some ideas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
P

Powder

Apr 23, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6.5x12 utility trailer with a 16 foot lund boat on top. Just an old style aluminum fishing boat.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
6.5x12 utility trailer with a 16 foot lund boat on top. Just an old style aluminum fishing boat.
IMG 20190507 100326722

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can do it in turf mode than it should be ok, but if it’s just a gravel road why wouldn’t you just use a truck or suv. If the lower rops and frame were to tweak a 1/2” this way or that you could always persuade them with ratchet straps or an other external force

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Powder

Apr 23, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Silverado: I like your idea but the boat would hang out the back of the trailer 4 feet and I wouldn't be able to get the machine over the top.

Popeye: I haven't been on the trail before...I only know it's there and can be done. It's an exploratory road a mine put in. It just so happens it goes right to the lake I want to fish. Other than that details are few and far between. We will find out as we go! :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!