Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Swing and a miss, @Ohio4x4. @Remington and I are good, live just down the road a piece from one another and have also shared non-public conversations. We're disagreeing about whether or not disabling the fan will make the coolant heat faster, etc.. Just because I disagree with him on something doesn't make anything condescending.

Oh, and he made a comment about furnaces and thermostats that wasn't accurate, so I pointed that out. Sorry that YOU can't deal with that.
His comments on the furnace are factual. As a fellow professional hvac tech I understand this statement. Thermostats are not modulating they simply are on and off. As for me not being able to deal. Thats not the case I could care less about your need for attention. There will be no arguments from me good luck with that.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I do all my own furnace and AC repairs myself
😬
the flame rollout limit switch tripped a few times in just a couple days, so I grabbed the new one I had in my box of replacement parts and got that taken care of
Thats why I cringe! you prob dont know the reasons the flame rollouts trip and just replacing it hasn't salved the root of the problem?
Thats ok, this type of stuff is what keeps me employed and my business profitable. Carry on!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
His comments on the furnace are factual.

How is "Are you one of those customers I have that when the system cant or isnt keeping up, you turn the thermostat up higher Thinking it will blow hotter?" factual? I'm NOT "one of those customers", so it's NOT factual.

As for me not being able to deal. Thats not the case I could care less about your need for attention. There will be no arguments from me good luck with that.
I didn't ask for attention. But thanks!

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How is "Are you one of those customers I have that when the system cant or isnt keeping up, you turn the thermostat up higher Thinking it will blow hotter?" factual? I'm NOT "one of those customers", so it's NOT factual.

I didn't ask for attention. But thanks!
😬

Thats why I cringe! you prob dont know the reasons the flame rollouts trip and just replacing it hasn't salved the root of the problem?
Thats ok, this type of stuff is what keeps me employed and my business profitable. Carry on!
This is exactly the kind of customer. Then when charged good money to share my knowledge and training to correct a true issue and not just the symptoms caused they act like the technician is a scam artist. Keep throwing parts at it my man im sure eventually youll get to the root of it without truly troubleshooting the system. But hey if you want to talk hvac I'm happy to help.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
😬

Heat exchanger is good (was replaced not long before we bought the house) and vents are clear. If these were causing the flame rollout switch to trip, they would cause the new one to trip as well. Sometimes, parts wear out.

I learned most of my HVAC stuff from my best friend of ~20 years, who also happens to be a professional HVAC tech.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
This is exactly the kind of customer. Then when charged good money to share my knowledge and training to correct a true issue and not just the symptoms caused they act like the technician is a scam artist. Keep throwing parts at it my man im sure eventually youll get to the root of it without truly troubleshooting the system. But hey if you want to talk hvac I'm happy to help.
I'M not that kind of customer. THAT is my point.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
What does your HVAC lack of expertise have to do with the original poster's problem?
My post clearly stated that disabling the fan switch on the P1K won't make it heat up any faster.

I then asked what temperature the engine coolant has to reach before the fan comes on, but nobody seems to have an answer.

Someone else, not I, took the tangent to the HVAC conversation. Therefore, I suggest you ask him.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My post clearly stated that disabling the fan switch on the P1K won't make it heat up any faster.

Someone else, not I, took the tangent to the HVAC conversation. Therefore, I suggest you ask him.
I had a response ready for you but the original poster doesn't deserve it.

advertisement
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC

I then asked what temperature the engine coolant has to reach before the fan comes on, but nobody seems to have an answer.

I hear that if you cut the fan switch off and get out and blow on the radiator it will heat twice as fast.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Oh Gawd, here they come!

Swarm

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!