CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah, we're a bunch of pussies so we got nice gravel road rigs.
Nuttin' wrong wit nice gravel roads. 😎
IMG 5874

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Get 4 tires on it holding air and post some snonut video! 🤣😂
That would currently be death. Left rear suspension,
Trailing arm is basically sitting there

9FD9417C 98A8 4770 AE6B D26E3082EA6B
and radius arms and rear axle are well…

A57AB1E0 B9FB 44F4 9FFD 7A7B00559F20

lots of parts before she moves again.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For real lmk if ya need dims or anything I can help ya with.
Seriously every Talon I've fixed besides my 2 were buddy deals now they drive Talons for less than P1000s
Most hard parts located. Struggling with plastics. Stupid supply chain is as bad as it is with cars.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thats messed up! You'd think with little plastic there is on our Talons it would be the opposite?
Hope u have some better luck your way.
Ya most everything that’s model specific to this year/model is back ordered. That’s ok, like I said she’ll get drivable but might look rough for a bit.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would currently be death. Left rear suspension,
Trailing arm is basically sitting there

View attachment 313841
and radius arms and rear axle are well…

View attachment 313842

lots of parts before she moves again.
Looking at those pics … the welds suggest it might have been in more than one incident. Looks like that rear arm was repaired and then the front and rear got trashed again bringing it to the insurance agent.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking at those pics … the welds suggest it might have been in more than one incident. Looks like that rear arm was repaired and then the front and rear got trashed again bringing it to the insurance agent.
I think guy that bought it from IAA did quick repair to get it movable. The one arm has only a 1/4 of tube welded, that wouldn’t make it 20ft of throttle.
He gave up because of availability, he would’ve had to have everything even scratched up repaired to sell a 21. I however don’t, not worried about scratches, just trying to kill off the big damage. Id like it to look presentable first time out but she won’t be a trailer queen.

H

HondaTech

How does a brand new Talon frame find its way to KSL, is a dealer selling?

Would I be in the "for profit" category? Yes I want to build jigs to make aftermarket frame clips, but I'd also use that actual chassis to build a center seat race car so I could gray area the hell out of the "stock suspension mounting points" rule. 😁

We had a an extra one because XPO Logistics lost the first one we ordered.

Then it and the reorder showed up at the same time. We sold the 2nd one to RaceCo after we weasled Honda out of paying full cost for it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We had a an extra one because XPO Logistics lost the first one we ordered.

Then it and the reorder showed up at the same time. We sold the 2nd one to RaceCo after we weasled Honda out of paying full cost for it.
Tech question for you. LF shock is down with live valve. Obviously where it was hit but no visible damage anywhere around or to the shock whatsoever. No idiot lights on. Would you suspect valving?

H

HondaTech

Tech question for you. LF shock is down with live valve. Obviously where it was hit but no visible damage anywhere around or to the shock whatsoever. No idiot lights on. Would you suspect valving?

Some codes dont trigger until the machine is driven over a certain speed.

Its possible its damaged and leaked out. The electronics shouldn't affect it enough to compress that much more.

Have you tried lifting all 4 corners and checking to see if the shocks hold when let back down. LV models drop significantly after being lifted when the key is turned on a the unit is driven just a few inches.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Some codes dont trigger until the machine is driven over a certain speed.

Its possible its damaged and leaked out. The electronics shouldn't affect it enough to compress that much more.

Have you tried lifting all 4 corners and checking to see if the shocks hold when let back down. LV models drop significantly after being lifted when the key is turned on a the unit is driven just a few inches.
It kinda holds when you pull up on machine but I’d say it’s a couple inches less showing still. But it’ll easily compress back down. Only got up to maybe 10mph, anymore isn’t possible yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!