Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey... in your defense. If you’re always drunk and don’t know where you are, then you can’t ever really be lost!
Ah I don’t actually mind getting lost sometimes in the woods. Helps you find yourself. You know the saying, I’d rather be lost in the woods then found in the city. Come on Spring!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couple new items. My local Talon friend just bought a new takeoff set of x4 wheels and tires just for a spare because it was cheaper, smoking deal on um. Called me up and said come get um but give him one of mine for spare. So split the cost and I now have wheels and 3 extra new tires for 100$. Bad ass! Kinda like the aluminum finish better anyways and I’ve found they take more abuse without showing it as bad.
Wanted to stay with factory tires as I don’t want to add any width for our trails. Perfect!
Also on way out he tossed me a winch remote he decided not to use. Things are moving slow but at least a few parts finally.

211B91E6 E751 4A5F 8199 3A6D89770AE2

E65FDD15 136B 42C6 B6CB 363A94264219

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like those. Whatcha think of those tires? Hows machine performance with them?
They're STI Chicane RX in 30" - DOT approved (hoping to plate). I loved them, the Talon handled like a Trophy Truck, no matter how fast I drove they were predictable and offered up no surprises; 4 wheel drifts were a naturally occurring phenomena. It was a fookin' hoot to drive even tho I'm supposed to be a grown up. #oleguy.

Their downfall was - all 6 were done at 5700 miles (2 fronts, 4 rears). Since I mount my own tires, I want high mileage and I've seen that Hondabob gets over 10k with his Terrabites.. And I would have bought them except they don't play well with beadlocks (inconsistent bead thickness).

I just replaced the Chicanes with BFG All-Terrain TA's, good enough to win desert races (for decades) so they should work for me, mileage to be seen.

30" BFG
I M2V9tfx X2

30" Chicane RX
I Rj9gxnr X2

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They're STI Chicane RX in 30" - DOT approved (hoping to plate). I loved them, the Talon handled like a Trophy Truck, no matter how fast I drove they were predictable and offered up no surprises; 4 wheel drifts were a naturally occurring phenomena. It was a fookin' hoot to drive even tho I'm supposed to be a grown up. #oleguy.

Their downfall was - all 6 were done at 5700 miles (2 fronts, 4 rears). Since I mount my own tires, I want high mileage and I've seen that Hondabob gets over 10k with his Terrabites.. And I would have bought them except they don't play well with beadlocks (inconsistent bead thickness).

I just replaced the Chicanes with BFG All-Terrain TA's, good enough to win desert races (for decades) so they should work for me, mileage to be seen.

30" BFG
View attachment 314413

30" Chicane RX
View attachment 314414
Years back I was looking hard at Terrabites. If can get another set of wheels I’d still like to run something like that in summer/fall.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Crunch Master. Did anyone die in it? Does it come with any ghosts and goat hair ? Will it be able to do a loop de loop on an oversized hot wheels track and will it have photon torpedo launchers mounted ? Enquiring minds want to know!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The Crunch Master. Did anyone die in it? Does it come with any ghosts and goat hair ? Will it be able to do a loop de loop on an oversized hot wheels track and will it have photon torpedo launchers mounted ? Enquiring minds want to know!
Doubtful on the deaths (however I’d like to see the other machine involved) so probably no ghosts either but you never know, possibility on goat hair but it was a Western Oregon rig not Montana. I’m sure it’d do the hot wheels loop but not wet because of i4wd, and torpedo launcher are currently inoperable but the launch button seems good.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
She’s got all correct wheels and tires that hold air. Level for first time. Still needs suspension work but it’s nice to see.

9C11482A 3E31 4E11 B9B5 297212632E10

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couple things I’ve noticed. Man suspension is more stout then Pioneer. Knew about the double sheer mounts but everything else looks pretty good. I really imagine front end holds up better. I see the damage that was in front wheels yet nothing tore off the nose.
Can see why steering rack has been a problem for a few, these tie rods are much beefier then the other Hondas. Might actually miss that fuseable link.
Something cool that I wasn’t aware of is the lighted switches. About time, that was a good move.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Couple things I’ve noticed. Man suspension is more stout then Pioneer. Knew about the double sheer mounts but everything else looks pretty good. I really imagine front end holds up better. I see the damage that was in front wheels yet nothing tore off the nose.
Can see why steering rack has been a problem for a few, these tie rods are much beefier then the other Hondas. Might actually miss that fuseable link.
Something cool that I wasn’t aware of is the lighted switches. About time, that was a good move.
Looks good buddy, what parts you missing?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks good buddy, what parts you missing?
Well have a few things coming from some awesome members here. Got a couple things on way but modest for a minute. Will run most damaged plastics till used or they come off back order. Few other things I’ll repair.
Needed to hit the dirt
Shock rebuilt, left fender and brackets, all plastics around left front including inner fender area and dash. Headlight and grill, inner driver door and latch, rear axle and radiator. This weekend I’ll lightly assemble it best can and try to figure out what’s missing. I do hate working on rig someone else took apart, that’ll probably cost me a couple days and missing stuff.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Doubtful on the deaths (however I’d like to see the other machine involved) so probably no ghosts either but you never know, possibility on goat hair but it was a Western Oregon rig not Montana. I’m sure it’d do the hot wheels loop but not wet because of i4wd, and torpedo launcher are currently inoperable but the launch button seems good.
Burn some sage around the rig. It will help ward off any evil spirits that might inhabit it.

advertisement