CP’s Talon Rebuild

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
It is a fact!!! Wife and I quit 10+ years ago (and neither of us has touched one since). With the money we saved, we bought ourselves this as a reward...
View attachment 314728

We had an '09 C6 base model. LOVED that car. We drove the heck out of it too, no garage queen here. In fact, in 4 years we put 84k miles on it. Made a couple of trips to Mid-Ohio Raceway to watch American Lemans and INDY car races. I actually got to make three laps on that course in the Corvette. Also drove out to Laguna-Sega in California for races there. The C6 is perhaps the most comfortable touring car I've ever owned. And, as you know, it gets phenomenal gas mileage if you can keep it below about 75mph.

Once the C7's were announced for 2014 I knew we'd start losing value quick, particularly with the relatively high mileage. Sold the car and have regretted it ever since.

Steve

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My big diesel tube heater took a s*** and left me with only a 30k btu propane tube heater. Not only does it suck at heat but goes through a ton of propane. So inefficient! Well the campers have same heating and I’ve been sick of amount of propane they use when cold and been talking about switching for awhile.
Long story short bought a little diesel heater long time ago for the Wolverine because it doesn’t produce heat, got it going and worked good but it was like a 3k heater. Pulled trigger on an 8k china diesel heater for 120$. Will use this in any of the campers and even tent in cold weather but using it in my Harbor Freight tent while working on Talon,amazing the heat it puts out!!! It’s said can run constantly for 18hours on a gallon of diesel, we’ll see but it’s damn nice and warm in here now off that quiet little box. 18deg out but no coat working. Much better then the propane so far.

3C370D1C 13C4 4CF9 8AA7 DFA59AB0214C

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My big diesel tube heater took a s*** and left me with only a 30k btu propane tube heater. Not only does it suck at heat but goes through a ton of propane. So inefficient! Well the campers have same heating and I’ve been sick of amount of propane they use when cold and been talking about switching for awhile.
Long story short bought a little diesel heater long time ago for the Wolverine because it doesn’t produce heat, got it going and worked good but it was like a 3k heater. Pulled trigger on an 8k china diesel heater for 120$. Will use this in any of the campers and even tent in cold weather but using it in my Harbor Freight tent while working on Talon,amazing the heat it puts out!!! It’s said can run constantly for 18hours on a gallon of diesel, we’ll see but it’s damn nice and warm in here now off that quiet little box. 18deg out but no coat working. Much better then the propane so far.

View attachment 314907
Good to hear a real review on that unit. I almost grabbed one but couldn't sell myself on it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good to hear a real review on that unit. I almost grabbed one but couldn't sell myself on it
Well I’m very impressed so far but like everything the real deal is down the road. I’m hoping for the best. It’ll get used a lot in tent for a bit so we’ll see. I’ll report back either way.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nah it’s ok. Just embarrassed I’m still dealing with it. Very strong willed and motivated when I want to do something but this struggle is real.
hear you my friend I made it 2/12 months with no desire at all then fell off. after almost dying of heart attack still stupid enough to go back, never give up the fight.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

View attachment 314907
Do you have a link to that heater Dave?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you have a link to that heater Dave?
This is one I bought. Made offer
There’s others with more simple controls, probably should’ve went that way because I’m illiterate but I’m figuring out how to set it for automatic turn on/off which is cool. Bunch different brands, I just looked at reviews.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Today was failure. I know looks crude and it is compared to pulling on my shops frame rack but was just trying to get bent crap out enough to relax things till get the new section. Trying to do something till parts. Even jumped on it a couple times with slack in the rope
Kids holding brakes, strapped down and blocks underneath still wasn’t enough. Surprisingly stiff in that corner, the suspension flex not helping though. It took a very hard hit, occupants felt that s***!
Went down to local Polaris/Honda dealer with parts list and total failure as well. Bright side he said everything was far cheaper then the other brands but backordered like everything else. He hooked me up with a few numbers to different dealers around the country that have a few of the items, will call around on Tuesday.
We’ll time to drink some more beer and stare at the sexy b**** some more. Really dejected but spirits are still good. May not be usable just yet but I’m still giddy that that was lucky enough to find this machine.

DF6FE21C 1E5F 465B 9B75 47EBDE29EB1C
6108A22E 9D37 4679 9BE7 32823734BF17

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Today was failure. I know looks crude and it is compared to pulling on my shops frame rack but was just trying to get bent crap out enough to relax things till get the new section. Trying to do something till parts. Even jumped on it a couple times with slack in the rope
Kids holding brakes, strapped down and blocks underneath still wasn’t enough. Surprisingly stiff in that corner, the suspension flex not helping though. It took a very hard hit, occupants felt that s***!
Went down to local Polaris/Honda dealer with parts list and total failure as well. Bright side he said everything was far cheaper then the other brands but backordered like everything else. He hooked me up with a few numbers to different dealers around the country that have a few of the items, will call around on Tuesday.
We’ll time to drink some more beer and stare at the sexy b**** some more. Really dejected but spirits are still good. May not be usable just yet but I’m still giddy that that was lucky enough to find this machine.

View attachment 315047View attachment 315046
Don't be sad, be glad you got a Talon!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't be sad, be glad you got a Talon!
I’m very thankful for that, took years of trying to make the right moves to get to this point. Very happy actually. Just going damn stir crazy is all and to be completely honest I have no ambition to work on anything else. Like zero! I come out of the tent and wife puts me to work on other crap. I just hide in here and jump up with some tool in hand when I here the door being zipped open🤣

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m very thankful for that, took years of trying to make the right moves to get to this point. Very happy actually. Just going damn stir crazy is all and to be completely honest I have no ambition to work on anything else. Like zero! I come out of the tent and wife puts me to work on other crap. I just hide in here and jump up with some tool in hand when I here the door being zipped open🤣
Excellent plan!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ain’t getting anything done today, daughter helping me with that lol. Says she’s going to be first to drive it. Man I can’t wait for Spring!

956EBADC C16F 4720 976E B9D4230A9C28

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!