Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congrats Legend. Cannot wait to see the process of this build thread in the coming weeks. Excited for you!!
Coming months not weeks lol. Gotta get some side work going and done before I can afford the UPS driver.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Coming months not weeks lol. Gotta get some side work going and done before I can afford the UPS driver.
Details details. Try not to drool all over the Talon while you’re collecting funds for parts then. It will save you from having to buy new seats and stuff. 🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Awesome! Glad plan B worked out! Looking forward to this thread!
Yes plan B due to a friend helping out. Man I was pissed for a minute thinking I’d lost the deal, I didn’t even want to talk about it. Good friends are the best

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had story but I erased. You already know it with Pioneer, was a damn long one. I’m excited and got a new breath to start this game over.
Congrats, CP. 👍 👏 👏 👏

I understand getting a do-over - I aged out of dirt bikes and wondered if my backcountry exploring was done, Honda introduced the Talon and the rest is history. I was gone most of April through the end of November, traveling with the Talon from the desert to the high country and back to the desert, living the dream. #oleguy #ridin' Looking forward to your build.
I cPtLkQT XL

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congrats, CP. 👍 👏 👏 👏

I understand getting a do-over - I aged out of dirt bikes and wondered if my backcountry exploring was done, Honda introduced the Talon and the rest is history. I was gone most of April through the end of November, traveling with the Talon from the desert to the high country and back to the desert, living the dream. #oleguy #ridin' Looking forward to your build.
View attachment 311720
I’m jealous of all that riding you did. Still sucks you were so close to here last year yet we didn’t make it happen. This year need too.
Ya I came from bikes to Sxs as well but the last 5 were family machines which was fine but I always wanted my own. Finally in spot I don’t need to lose them and be able to make personal stuff happen. Going to be awesome tooling around with family and friends while in my machine. Wife will try to steal it though she likes driving them as much as I.

Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
Ya ya I know it’s wrecked but I’m excited. Last pic till she’s home here and build starts. Our ol friend Popeye made it home.

View attachment 311679
I must be a little sick in the head, because with the right tools and skills (plus parts) this looks like fun. I have done similar things with cars (tear apart and rebuild) but this takes it a little further. Definitely need to take lots of pics and share with everyone during the build!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congrats... we all look forward to seeing you fix it all up nice purty and then watching you get drunk and tear the ever loving s*** out of it!
thank you.
Bodywork won’t take same abuse as Pioneer, I already know that. Pioneer will have to lead in the tight stuff. It will be ran though, already got some time in them here and know what to expect

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I must be a little sick in the head, because with the right tools and skills (plus parts) this looks like fun. I have done similar things with cars (tear apart and rebuild) but this takes it a little further. Definitely need to take lots of pics and share with everyone during the build!!
People kinda get weird when you repair certain things but it’s no different then cars we do all the time. Only difference is the Motorsports dealers replace everything because they aren’t a body shop so that’s the only way.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m jealous of all that riding you did. Still sucks you were so close to here last year yet we didn’t make it happen. This year need too.
Ya I came from bikes to Sxs as well but the last 5 were family machines which was fine but I always wanted my own. Finally in spot I don’t need to lose them and be able to make personal stuff happen. Going to be awesome tooling around with family and friends while in my machine. Wife will try to steal it though she likes driving them as much as I.
This last summer was epic for me. I had no idea life could keep getting better this late in life, I'm as excited and animated now as I was when I brought my first dirt bike home in March of '69 as a 21 yo kid. 😍 Growing old gracefully izn't my idea of a life well lived, as long as you have yer health, play til ya drop. 😎
I VCHvxMM X2

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!