Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ll know more this weekend when I get it home, don’t wanna get too ahead of myself but the way it was hit really seems to keep it localized. I may be asking some of you guys for a couple measurements. I know you know these things very well and respect what you have to say
But I’ve been in auto body for over 30 years and have equipment to get anything done. Frame rack measurement system and all. As of right now I do believe it’s 100% repairable. If I don’t feel comfortable with repair then replacement.
Friend that checked it out I trust and he looked over well. Not saying there might be a surprise because there usually is but running gear looks great.
now this machine isn’t exactly the first I’ve rebuilt and a couple were much worse, and to be completely honest they are drastically easier then cutting up a 100k+ BMW LOL.
I plan to be in this very reasonable so there’s room if needed. No matter what she’ll be safe.
Who's driving? HA! That's going to be a sweet ride, I love the colors, you know you'll need a TL.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Couple of you OG’s don’t have much faith in me. I’m hurt😢
Buddy, seeing you in action made me a true believer. 👍 Faith beyond any doubt if an anvil can be destroyed with a #2 pencil and a case of Coors Light you will find a way 😉 I'm pretty sure that last line is a direct quote from your Warranty Denial file at Mother Honda 😅

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Owner of the rig bought it at an auction out of Oregon, every nook and cranny is clean, the rig hasnt seen mud ever. The guy tore the front clip off and was told it needs a whole new frame, being a one piece lower section and I guess they are on back order. So he lost interest

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Couple of you OG’s don’t have much faith in me. I’m hurt😢
Let them talk smack.
That first p1k you built was awesome (well, the part you did).
I'll bet every time you posted something new it got passed around honda R&D and left them wondering why they didn't think of that.
- shifter knob
- cage chop
- +2 seating

Looking forward to see what you do with the Talon.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let them talk smack.
That first p1k you built was awesome (well, the part you did).
I'll bet every time you posted something new it got passed around honda R&D and left them wondering why they didn't think of that.
- shifter knob
- cage chop
- +2 seating

Looking forward to see what you do with the Talon.
Thanks Lee. Was told they didn’t like that 7 seater.
those were fun days building and coming up with stuff. Still cool to see it in new rides.
Well even with flack I stayed Honda my friend. I remember someone long time ago said wait for the Talon to come when I went to buy a YXZ. Well it took awhile then I took awhile but here we are. Got one the only way I could, and I’m happy again, excited to have a new adventure.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Owner of the rig bought it at an auction out of Oregon, every nook and cranny is clean, the rig hasnt seen mud ever. The guy tore the front clip off and was told it needs a whole new frame, being a one piece lower section and I guess they are on back order. So he lost interest
Being you know Sxs’s well and you’ve seen the machine, know how and type of area it was ridden, what’s your take on how original damage occurred?

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks Lee. Was told they didn’t like that 7 seater.
those were fun days building and coming up with stuff. Still cool to see it in new rides.
Well even with flack I stayed Honda my friend. I remember someone long time ago said wait for the Talon to come when I went to buy a YXZ. Well it took awhile then I took awhile but here we are. Got one the only way I could, and I’m happy again, excited to have a new adventure.
Every technical ride I've seen on Youtube with a YXZ shows what a terrible choice that would have been for me (like the Blown Budget Offroad guys). I REALLY wanted to like the Yamaha because every toy I bought for 50 years came from the same dealer, they had become my friends and I hated having to buy elsewhere. 🙁

'Somewhere', Lake City -
I PLptZrc XL

Last ride in the high country this year, 🙁 those are snow clouds @ 12,801 feet - Red Cone Peak -
I drCmFC2 X2

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being you know Sxs’s well and you’ve seen the machine, know how and type of area it was ridden, what’s your take on how original damage occurred?

Really not sure, what they could have hit that missed the front control arms, but wiped out the lower A pillar the way it did, and didn’t damage the upper roll cage. The only thing that kinda makes sense is another rig jumped a razor back and stuffed a tire into the A pillar and dash area, but who knows

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really not sure, what they could have hit that missed the front control arms, but wiped out the lower A pillar the way it did, and didn’t damage the upper roll cage. The only thing that kinda makes sense is another rig jumped a razor back and stuffed a tire into the A pillar and dash area, but who knows
Ya that’s what I was thinking. Pretty sure he didn’t hit anything. And if so I’d like to see the other machine!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The only question I have is…

How are you going to manage with down sizing the Coors cooler?
Truth. Our cooler will not fit, too bad because the X likes weight back there. That’s ok, I don’t think brilliant idea to drink a ton in a Talon. Gotta be on point a little better which I’m truthfully looking very forward to😉 Less tank and a lot more precision

Last edited:
T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Truth. Our cooler will not fit, too bad because the X likes weight back there. That’s ok, I don’t think brilliant idea to drink a ton in a Talon. Gotta be on point a little better which I’m truthfully looking very forward to😉 Less tank and a lot more precision
That’s a very wise statement... I find the same with myself. You’re drastically jumping in speed on the same trails you use to do a 1/4 speed on and the margin for error at 40-50 mph vs 10-15 is immensely reduced!

Why do you think @Plumber32 is so fond of Furry?

That’s why so many of the guys here HAVEN’T considered a KRX... they run out of talent at the trail speeds the Kawi allows, so they settle on a talon to save face.

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
That’s a very wise statement... I find the same with myself. You’re drastically jumping in speed on the same trails you use to do a 1/4 speed on and the margin for error at 40-50 mph vs 10-15 is immensely reduced!

That’s why so many of the guys here HAVEN’T considered a KRX... they run out of talent at the trail speeds the Kawi allows, so they settle on a talon to save face.
Whatever helps you sleep at night!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Or the Kawi makes things easy and that’s why some buy them while others like a driver’s machine. Ah we talked about this and yes I considered KRX. You’ve known what I was going to get.
But in the end I knew what I wanted, my only b**** was the i4wd. Just like I said before I drove one, when a couple got butthurt, they didn’t have the traction. After driving a few I still say that. It does stay up with Pioneer in most terrain because of weight/ travel and that’s who I mainly run with so probably won’t even go locker, we’ll see. But I like riding with those guys and don’t expect them to run out and buy same machine so they can still ride with me.
I’ve liked how quiet and aggressive Talon can be. Waited for years to make sure of that and let others do the R&D so it didn’t turn into the Pioneer mess that I went through on prior rigs. This one still doing good btw.
I’m very confident on what I want, I’m well aware of all the downsides. Driven several in all my go to places, it fits it ships!

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!