Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This last summer was epic for me. I had no idea life could keep getting better this late in life, I'm as excited and animated now as I was when I brought my first dirt bike home in March of '69 as a 21 yo kid. 😍 Growing old gracefully izn't my idea of a life well lived, as long as you have yer health, play til ya drop. 😎
View attachment 311725
Man that’s doing it right, so awesome. Really enjoyed your pics

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FB IMG 1641322122471

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going to be a long week waiting till Friday for next attempt over the mountains to bring her home.
Still waiting on @joeymt33 to pick out a name. It’s now a tradition after 3 others.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Going to be a long week waiting till Friday for next attempt over the mountains to bring her home.
Still waiting on @joeymt33 to pick out a name. It’s now a tradition after 3 others.
My vote is "Bent Nose Kate" given how it's starting off and where it will likely end up 🤣

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well we there is Remi's Orange Crush. How about CP's Black n Blue? Or Blue on Black?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like a lot of fun! Congratulations.

I’m sure a name will come along pretty soon. I’m thinking as the vehicle starts to take shape and what you want it to be or maybe the name will come out of the adventure getting it to where you want it to be.

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
All that damage to the LF A pillar and dash area make me think that the chassis is junk and probably bent and twisted in places you don't even know about yet. What's the plan frame wise?

Check the motor mount bosses on both sides of the engine case to make sure they are not broken or cracked. I've seen a few Talons that took big hits in crashes crack the cases in these areas.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All that damage to the LF A pillar and dash area make me think that the chassis is junk and probably bent and twisted in places you don't even know about yet. What's the plan frame wise?

Check the motor mount bosses on both sides of the engine case to make sure they are not broken or cracked. I've seen a few Talons that took big hits in crashes crack the cases in these areas.
I’ll know more this weekend when I get it home, don’t wanna get too ahead of myself but the way it was hit really seems to keep it localized. I may be asking some of you guys for a couple measurements. I know you know these things very well and respect what you have to say
But I’ve been in auto body for over 30 years and have equipment to get anything done. Frame rack measurement system and all. As of right now I do believe it’s 100% repairable. If I don’t feel comfortable with repair then replacement.
Friend that checked it out I trust and he looked over well. Not saying there might be a surprise because there usually is but running gear looks great.
now this machine isn’t exactly the first I’ve rebuilt and a couple were much worse, and to be completely honest they are drastically easier then cutting up a 100k+ BMW and getting it right LOL.
I plan to be in this very reasonable so there’s room if needed. No matter what she’ll be safe.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!