BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bluetooth receiver got here today. Looks to be good quality and the built in amp as much smaller then was imagining so great news! Wasn’t impressed with their speakers years ago but I think the systems are good.
Talon limited space so didn’t want big stereo receiver like Pioneers had and decided against a soundbar hanging off roll bar. Don’t want to sacrifice dash cubby. Looked up what was available for Talon and too expensive, took up too much headspace or both. So this is what came up with.
Wild hair so I’m starting to out roof area to build entertainment system. Have end vision in my head. Got to keep it light, sound good but kinda want it to look like it was factory. It’ll bolt up to factory roof mounts so there’s no clamps around the cage and I’m going to give it sound deadening properties to make Talon even quieter.
Here’s template, already made adjustments for a straight cage, crude start but it’s a start. Just getting feel of mounting and speaker placement.

View attachment 319682

View attachment 319683
Does it have in put for 2 way radio ?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got to scope out this aftermarket cage from rig I bought parts off of. Looks very high quality, tbh I was jelly. Checked out his particulate separator and do like it. The buzz in your ear would take a bit to get use too, and intake was definitely louder right next to you. At least it puts a gander on the separator for me.
Boy he’s had his Talon for almost 3 years, wish mine would look like that after a weekend lol. Nice machine.

687EE806 CCF1 492B 8F6A 69C932EE0849

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Alright well back in the machine. Nice seeing uncompromised roll cage. Shows exactly what I thought on dash cross bar being shifted over to passenger side by 3/4 inch. That’s what I measured. No problem, she’ll come back with frame rack. Everything else looks square other then section that needs cut out. Be much easier to align things to now.

78377887 3034 487C 8338 B2549EC46B20

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
4 led infinity 6.5’s showed up today. I already had 4 led spacer rings so finally get to use them. Run infinity in both camper van, bus and the Pioneer, had such good luck I won’t run different speaks. Yes I’m leaving the white grills, going to add white accents in the interior.
Will use the led spacers and the led speakers in tandem, should light up pretty good. Had to bring something cool to the Talon. f***n money pit as we all know, but actually in this about same as a reasonable speaker bar.
So with speaks and the SSV Bluetooth amp I’ve got everything bought for stereo for now (will add additional amp/sub later) just gotta build the overhead speaker box. SSV amp at RMS 50w/4 channels should run midrange just fine. Since I’m waiting for parts this’ll give me something to do in between side work, and since roll cage is now square I can get to this little project.

3F71B6AB B496 4FE2 873C 56B7F6687128
3769AEC8 885B 4258 B560 CF3D624274CB

Last edited:
advertisement
Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Got to scope out this aftermarket cage from rig I bought parts off of. Looks very high quality, tbh I was jelly. Checked out his particulate separator and do like it. The buzz in your ear would take a bit to get use too, and intake was definitely louder right next to you. At least it puts a gander on the separator for me.
Boy he’s had his Talon for almost 3 years, wish mine would look like that after a weekend lol. Nice machine.

View attachment 320217
I run the S&B separator and really don’t mind the noise

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4 led infinity 6.5’s showed up today. I already had 4 led spacer rings so finally get to use them. Run infinity in both camper van, bus and the Pioneer, had such good luck I won’t run different speaks. Yes I’m leaving the white grills, going to add white accents in the interior.
Will use the led spacers and the led speakers in tandem, should light up pretty good. Had to bring something cool to the Talon. f***n money pit as we all know, but actually in this about same as a reasonable speaker bar.
So with speaks and the SSV Bluetooth amp I’ve got everything bought for stereo for now (will add additional amp/sub later) just gotta build the overhead speaker box. SSV amp at RMS 50w/4 channels should run midrange just fine. Since I’m waiting for parts this’ll give me something to do in between side work, and since roll cage is now square I can get to this little project.

View attachment 320223View attachment 320224
Sweet

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 320223View attachment 320224
What are you building box out of .

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What are you building box out of .
3/4 smooth I had will be main frame. Will glass over. I’m thinking using hollowed out 1.5 hard insulation for the actual speaker box on underside. Idk, got vision in my head still working on it but trying to save what can for weight. It’s already more weight then wanted, planned on 1/2 but saw right away that wouldn’t hold up

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3/4 smooth I had will be main frame. Will glass over. I’m thinking using hollowed out 1.5 hard insulation for the actual speaker box on underside. Idk, got vision in my head still working on it but trying to save what can for weight. It’s already more weight then wanted, planned on 1/2 but saw right away that wouldn’t hold up
Don't know how deep you need but aluminum channel makes a nice light sturdy frame has held up well for sub don't know why wouldn’t work on 6 5s

20171013 102311

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't know how deep you need but aluminum channel makes a nice light sturdy frame has held up well for sub don't know why wouldn’t work on 6 5s

View attachment 320232
You did a nice job on that. Ya I remember how cool all that looked!

advertisement