Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking back at the pic of the jack, you thought about cutting off handle and welding a socket? I've seen it done on a cpl trailers it work good
I’d like to elf something to the handle so manual would still work.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CP how heavy is that Camper you got? Does the P1K5 fit?

Been looking at options towable with the wife's SUV but not sure on what to do yet.
5500. It’s fairly light. Pioneer would fit but it’s tight. We have to take the bed down to get anything in. Not our forever trailer but it got the wife off my back for a minute.
It actually tows pretty good with Sequoia and sxs in it but should probably back it in for better weight placement, was designed as quad or dirt bike camper. Absolutely needs equalizer hitch for 1/2ton because of the rear weight behind axles, but 65-70 seems safe enough. Dually won’t know anything.
Ya it’s hard to find one light enough for halfton, we wanted to be able to pull with either just fine so I know what you’re going through. If you had money for brand new then easy but not used.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
5500. It’s fairly light. Pioneer would fit but it’s tight. We have to take the bed down to get anything in. Not our forever trailer but it got the wife off my back for a minute.
It actually tows pretty good with Sequoia and sxs in it but should probably back it in for better weight placement, was designed as quad or dirt bike camper. Absolutely needs equalizer hitch for 1/2ton because of the rear weight behind axles, but 65-70 seems safe enough. Dually won’t know anything.
Ya it’s hard to find one light enough for halfton, we wanted to be able to pull with either just fine so I know what you’re going through. If you had money for brand new then easy but not used.
75e28fd80772080112b6506691990cd9

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yup!! I was thinking of XL rooftop tent on rack for existing trailer but wife don't like how they look :rolleyes: now contemplating modifying a small pop up to mount to front and sxs on rear.....wheels are still turning 🤷‍♂️

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Washed her up which is really weird for me and my daughter took off for about 15 minutes ripping around the field. Really wondering how long it’ll be till the Wolverine is down the road and another Talon gets rebuilt.

96BF0254 6FD0 4CDA 9CF6 21225CA1908B

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Funny thing is, she’s trying to steal my other truck too. Been working on it getting some things I stole for my 4-door build. Even got her boyfriend and his friend over tonight. Dang that girl. At least I raised up a redneck could’ve been much worse.

C481272A CAB6 49B1 A1FB 8A4D1294CB4D

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well I finally pulled the trigger after really wanting to go front intake then settling back into just whatever will fix the problem. After seeing @Bigshow setup that I really liked I almost went that way, still may run that cyclone after he gets some miles and reports back.
In the end I decided to go way of the 10-80 Dirt Sports. Talked a bit with @highpocket74 and ordered that up. Got another one coming for my local friend as well.
Wanted the riser flat black and the base to be direct match to the machine so sprayed up just the base. I’ve personally had great luck with K&N so went that direction with a blue waterproof Filter Wears skin for the wet season but maybe dust too.
Wish I’d done this before the mud got caked in the clips lol. But install is dumb simple and like the product. Gave me an excuse to cut another hole. I really liked how this set far enough back from damage yet wasn’t in your view, I tested a small box before even ordering, and it’s great that way installed.
Always great to support those who support the sport, I know he’s got a lot of time invested in this so thank you for a nice end product.

View attachment 329695
View attachment 329697
So if I have 10-80 ship one to you will you paint the the plate for a fee?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just came home for lunch to fill up under hood storage and really impressed with the amount of volume this little setup actually has. I’ve got a big tire patch kit, RIDGID cordless air compressor, jumper box, various tools including lug wrench, knife, extra 9mm magazine, JB Weld, zip ties,hose clamps,squeegee, glove, extra winch rope and tow strap, shackles, jumpers, water, paper towel and too. Probably left a few things out. Packed in tight so won’t rattle. But damn!

92083194 8961 4601 997E 14BFFB48ECF2

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!