Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last weekend was a little hard on the sport machine. For the most part she stays up with the Pioneers but you do have to punish her a bit to get that done, which I unfortunately was planning for, our woods are a bit tight to be slamming a Talon through. I will be going to a locker front end by fall, I can’t handle all the low speed slipping, probably accounted to a lot of the front end damage.
Boy what a lot of fun she is though, and it’s not going away anytime soon. Build up and build better. We had a smaller Polaris go along the ride and he was b****ing and left long before we got into the tight stuff so I guess she did ok. 😉
View attachment 332634

Got a full day wash job before I can come close to assessing damage but so far looks like this

View attachment 332636

View attachment 332635

View attachment 332637View attachment 332638
View attachment 332639View attachment 332640View attachment 332641View attachment 332642
View attachment 332643

so much for 8400 synthetic rope, and never trust a friend on a long super slick hill to make sure you’re out the way before he goes. That was a hard hit. Nothing he could do but test out the bumpers.
Got some work to do but it was fun creating some of it!
Your retarded but I love it! You need to build an exoskeleton. Seriously.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Your retarded but I love it! You need to build an exoskeleton. Seriously.
I’d get stuck with that much more width. Need to try to build better bracing for mainly the hind end of this machine. Add locker so I’m not trying to get the front end to lock up by hitting the brakes while moving, especially so she’ll steer coming into tight slick corners . And stay behind the other Hondas while in the tight stuff. Honestly I just wanted to see what she had. She got around pretty well but likes the open areas far better. I always push a new rig to see what can get by with, Talon is no different.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d get stuck with that much more width. Need to try to build better bracing for mainly the hind end of this machine. Add locker so I’m not trying to get the front end to lock up by hitting the brakes while moving, especially so she’ll steer coming into tight slick corners . And stay behind the other Hondas while in the tight stuff. Honestly I just wanted to see what she had. She got around pretty well but likes the open areas far better. I always push a new rig to see what can get by with, Talon is no different.
You can make it the width of your fenders. That locker will probably just break stuff honestly. Invest in some badass tires and you won't need a locker and still not break expensive stuff.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You can make it the width of your fenders. That locker will probably just break stuff honestly. Invest in some badass tires and you won't need a locker and still not break expensive stuff.
I like my 200$ to replace tires. Plus nice to have same ones on both machines. I watched Pioneer with diff smoke the Talon both weekends with exact same tire wheel/wheel. Problem isn’t the tire.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh ok. I thought you had the cluster and was waiting on the harness? Either way your still waiting 🤣
I canceled harness because that wouldn’t have worked for sure after looking at it in diagram. Don’t have fuzzy feeling this will work either

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was thinking there will be some retro fitting going on.
All will bolt up, it’s the plugging in that’s issue. I’m not going to hack it in nor switch out complete electronics. Was hoping for plug and play

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
All will bolt up, it’s the plugging in that’s issue. I’m not going to hack it in nor switch out complete electronics. Was hoping for plug and play
Yeah thats what i ment was about the electrical. Im hoping its P&P as well. I like the new screen

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Picked up my next Talon accessory and it happens to be a Honda too😉

8E017638 518B 4ECD B325 89766226E4AC

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Who was dri

Who was driving the Pioneer ?
I was at times, we all switched rigs. I see where you’re going. You can pretend I-4wd is always better but it just doesn’t have the slow speed traction. @Tigermark and the whole group saw it. Hauling ass yes it’s probably better but not the lower speed stuff. Got video after video of the difference, and even on same tire.
I love the machine but X should’ve had diff. Just my opinion. It’s ok to not like one thing about my own machine and be honest about it. That’s me.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I was at times, we all switched rigs. I see where you’re going. You can pretend I-4wd is always better but it just doesn’t have the slow speed traction. @Tigermark and the whole group saw it. Hauling ass yes it’s probably better but not the lower speed stuff. Got video after video of the difference, and even on same tire.
I love the machine but X should’ve had diff. Just my opinion. It’s ok to not like one thing about my own machine and be honest about it. That’s me.
If i4wd was a penis @Plumber32 would suck it! Lol 😂

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol. Ya I don’t mean anything negative like I know it sounds like. I really do like the machine and there isn’t another sport I’d consider just to be clear. It’s funny though, I could rattle off 10 things negative about Pioneer and few would get butthurt, say the one thing with Talon and holy crap.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You boys are a bunch of drama queens! I'll easily go anywhere you go with i4wd. After 880 miles of Nothing but s*** trails following @TripleB if there was a legit issue I would have fixed it. I've never been screwd buy it. It ain't perfect but a locker won't make up for not having 32s

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol. Ya I don’t mean anything negative like I know it sounds like. I really do like the machine and there isn’t another sport I’d consider just to be clear. It’s funny though, I could rattle off 10 things negative about Pioneer and few would get butthurt, say the one thing with Talon and holy crap.
Tiny tires are great for ripping a track but put some 30-32 semi aggressive tires and forget about it.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock talon tires work great on the wolverine though

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!