Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was at times, we all switched rigs. I see where you’re going. You can pretend I-4wd is always better but it just doesn’t have the slow speed traction. @Tigermark and the whole group saw it. Hauling ass yes it’s probably better but not the lower speed stuff. Got video after video of the difference, and even on same tire.
I love the machine but X should’ve had diff. Just my opinion. It’s ok to not like one thing about my own machine and be honest about it. That’s me.
@PaulF has got the I4WD figured out, don't touch the brakes in touchy climbs. A couple friends, my Dad and my brother went riding this last week end. We rode some sketchy trails, my buddies with the LE's made it up without winching after I showed them the line, that was a first. We did have to winch my Dad up in his Rincon. So if you have I4WD don't touch the brakes, as Paul said that's a hard habit to break. I'll just stick with the old tried and true old school 4 WD. Just me?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Screenshot 20220503 215006 Gallery

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to switch those over as well.

@PaulF has got the I4WD figured out, don't touch the brakes in touchy climbs. A couple friends, my Dad and my brother went riding this last week end. We rode some sketchy trails, my buddies with the LE's made it up without winching after I showed them the line, that was a first. We did have to winch my Dad up in his Rincon. So if you have I4WD don't touch the brakes, as Paul said that's a hard habit to break. I'll just stick with the old tried and true old school 4 WD. Just me?
Can't drive a talon like a pioneer. Talon isn't a crawler or designed to. But it can happily take hits over and over. Heck I don't slow down for ledges under 2' . It loves the abuse and wants to grab the next gear and go harder!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can't drive a talon like a pioneer. Talon isn't a crawler or designed to. But it can happily take hits over and over. Heck I don't slow down for ledges under 2' . It loves the abuse and wants to grab the next gear and go harder!
Did you just say it’s not a crawler like pioneer? Are you drunk? That’s all I said yet you keep going.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep been a good tire for me all around.
All around is the key word here, I ran a set of ITP Black Waters, that were a little squirrelly on gravel roads, HA! But never had a flat. So I Tried the Terra Hooks, great all around tire, I see more and more pictures of S X S's with them and made in the USA!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
All around is the key word here, I ran a set of ITP Black Waters, that were a little squirrelly on gravel roads, HA! But never had a flat. So I Tried the Terra Hooks, great all around tire, I see more and more pictures of S X S's with them and made in the USA!
I didn't care for them. They are a tough tire though for sure.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think he was saying he just likes to go fast?
Oh I do too. Talon is very good at speed. Stupid actually. But then I’d leave all my friends behind that I like to ride with like some have.
I like to be able to kinda stay in my group. I knew going in that would be tough. Lighter tougher machine with more suspension and close to same footprint, it should be able to do the same low speed crawl, actually better, but it doesn’t do as well for some reason at that job. I’ll leave it at that😉

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh I do too. Talon is very good at speed. Stupid actually. But then I’d leave all my friends behind that I like to ride with like some have.
I like to be able to kinda stay in my group. I knew going in that would be tough. Lighter tougher machine with more suspension and close to same footprint, it should be able to do the same low speed crawl, but it doesn’t do as well for some reason at that job. I’ll leave it at that😉
Totally different machine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So anyways…Talon has been a blast so far. Going to get her cleaned back up, couple plastics and an axle and continue on with this new venture😉

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can’t keep a good machine down. Made my list through the mud last night, anything I could see are on the way. Rest I’m just not concerned about.
Also a few important things coming for the beast, don’t want the Pioneer getting too jealous. Plus Clutch was a little shaky on @Tigermark the other weekend.
@Neohio any luck on the weld set?
691AD1B5 CDED 4639 93B2 78631B08C8DD

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!