P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure to use Jumper cables lol. Bought 4gu cables for that. Way way better insulated and cost 15 in sale at Harbor. Ordered up a connector on eBay for the second for 15. It's good for 8k pull not Warn but way overkill and figured the rear being that long of a span needs better wires and connector. Not playing around with this it's got to be good
I use #2 welding cable. Way cheaper than anything else (locally) and all the cable I'll ever need. Rear winch is the least of my worries at the moment lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I use #2 welding cable. Way cheaper than anything else (locally) and all the cable I'll ever need. Rear winch is the least of my worries at the moment lol.

That's a good idea too. Sometimes repurposing works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I buy it where I buy my gas and filler does. Works perfectly for battery cables and is relatively cheap. Online is cheaper but I'm impatient lol
I get impatient too sometimes but hate paying more lol

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you left your beer coozy in my rig cp!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
0680899b3ad724ce544d17854ac3a153

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Finally got the new short hub adapter for the steering wheel last night and this'll be correct. Three things here besides the correct thread for steering shaft.
There's a bearing with a cap on top that you can't over tighten the adapter onto. The steering shaft protrudes a long ways through the adapter and will have to be dealt with. But most importantly the new steering wheel can't be too far from its original location due to the paddle shift levers would then be too far from steering. Ordered many item to figure this out but should be very reasonable next time around.
Horn is doable I still believe but I'll get there when everything else is perfect.
IMG 9327

IMG 9320
IMG 9325

Ground down adapter to bring in the steering closer to the paddles so that's good now and this'll put the right pressure on the steering shaft after it's bolted. Wife chose red it was more but she's happy. Also now that we know for sure this'll work new steering wheel. What the hell 22$ it's what she wanted. The Honda horn button will be placed in the new wheel. Now color is starting to show up inside to help complete the new sport look.
IMG 9326

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got home to test fit during lunch and see my seat gel showed up. All seating surfaces including rear seats will have 3/8 gel in the custom seat covers on the way. My wife brought up the fact that we will be riding Tuesday through Sunday that's a lot of sore ass miles especially after the trip over. She asked what can we do. Well...lol. Probably cheaper then buying an LE seat and hoping it to be a little more cozy! This for sure will be! We run gel in all of our dirt bike seats and it makes a huge difference no more sore ass !
IMG 9328

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got home to test fit during lunch and see my seat gel showed up. All seating surfaces including rear seats will have 3/8 gel in the new seat covers on the way. My wife brought up the fact true to take over will be riding Tuesday through Sunday that's a lot of sore ass miles especially after the trip over. She asked what can we do. Well...lol. Probably cheaper then buying an LE seat and hoping it a little more cozy! This for sure will be! We run gel in all of our dirt bike seats and it makes a huge difference no more sore ass !
View attachment 38713
Speaking of a huge difference,Apply plenty of baby powder before you hit the trail. The gel seat and baby powder will work perfect together. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Steering assembly getting close. Adapter now fits correctly. Wheel sits perfectly away from paddles. Used a rubber boot from the other adapter to the column to give nice finished look. Getting excited to see this project over. Im definitely a test dummy on this project, aftermarket wheels were not designed for this application but are coaxed on
IMG 9330
IMG 9331

Just realized how the peddles now need attention. Gunna fix that grrrr

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Got home to test fit during lunch and see my seat gel showed up. All seating surfaces including rear seats will have 3/8 gel in the new seat covers on the way. My wife brought up the fact that we will be riding Tuesday through Sunday that's a lot of sore ass miles especially after the trip over. She asked what can we do. Well...lol. Probably cheaper then buying an LE seat and hoping it to be a little more cozy! This for sure will be! We run gel in all of our dirt bike seats and it makes a huge difference no more sore ass !
View attachment 38713
Nice !
You think those would work ok with heated seats? Seriously - not the Honda heat but the aftermarket heat pads under my seat covers.
You them from ebay?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice !
You think those would work ok with heated seats? Seriously - not the Honda heat but the aftermarket heat pads under my seat covers.
You them from ebay?
I think they would but would take longer. eBay of course lol. Probably much much cooler in the summer too!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Had to let this little beaut go today. Loved this 92 compact but as with most I did well and this one pocketed over 200 after years so that's not too bad. The Pioneer is more important then a pistol that's not used much though and eBay is still yelling at me. 77e038cd899419ded6363e87da96bbcd do whatcha gotta do

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to let this little beaut go today. Loved this 92 compact but as with most I did well and this one pocketed over 200 after years so that's not too bad. The Pioneer is more important then a pistol that's not used much though and eBay is still yelling at me. 77e038cd899419ded6363e87da96bbcd do whatcha gotta do

Can't have every hobby and every toy. I know several buddies who haven't figured that out yet. I sold a couple guns earlier this year. I never shoot any except my ar and my hunting rifle anyways.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Can't have every hobby and every toy. I know several buddies who haven't figured that out yet. I sold a couple guns earlier this year. I never shoot any except my ar and my hunting rifle anyways.

So you're saying you'll give me a smoking deal on your FN Five-Seven????

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!