image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely my favorite 1/2 ton and set up killer. Love my 12valve and always will probably keep it forever but the Titan with Cummins and my favorite color combo, had to run a test drive!
IMG 1041

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
Absolutely my favorite 1/2 ton and set up killer. Love my 12valve and always will probably keep it forever but the Titan with Cummins and my favorite color combo, had to run a test drive!View attachment 50314
The Cummins In that truck doesn't perform. It was an abortion of a design originally designed for military I read

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
T

The Cummins In that truck doesn't perform. It was an abortion of a design originally designed for military I read
555tq and 25 mpg in a half ton did ok. Actually really smooth and quiet. It's a v8 so it won't be as dependable but great power for a 1/2ton. You can sure tell this truck is a brick s*** house

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 1357
IMG 1387
Up at top of the world with @100Acre on our trip from Bayview Idaho to Calder Idaho. 109 miles so far today, only approx 45 to go. We underestimated it a bit @Plumber32. Another 160 tomorrow. Service bad

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
For anyone wondering what exactly is going on with ours this is a direct quote from a certified Honda mechanic and is our direct symptom. Keep in mind the one that's being described is in the showroom. Shows what we're going through but obviously he has factory support.

we too have a pioneer that has been here for over 2 months. I have searched forum and have not seen any solution to this. our sxs 1000 p5 also runs for about 10 minutes, at which point it starts to shift very bad, then feels like it just goes into neutral, will just rev up and will not move. then shows code 62-1. after it cools down for an hour or 2 it will run for about 10 more minutes. we have mcs plugged in and it shows loss of oil pressure to both clutches. line oil pressure is ok. Unit is new with only a few miles on it, just from driving in and out everyday. Honda has had us replace 1-3-5 clutch assem, the clutch pack was ok not blued or worn out we just replaced to be sure. complete valve body and all solinoids, plus swapped out pcm with another unit. also preformed clutch learning procedure, also spacer plate with new oil pump. very strange our techs have no idea, and either does Honda, as they have been here multiple times. Any help or sugestions would be very helpful
thank you.

Wow CP, that has to be super frustrating. Unfortunately at least, there is another with similar symptoms. I hope you find a solution without investing a lot more $ & time into it. I agree some machines seem bulletproof while some seem plauged with issues, that even once repaired by factory backed experience still exhibit recurring issues. While those that have repeat issues is a small % it sure doesn't help the guy that has one of those machines. Wish you the best on getting it revived.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow CP, that has to be super frustrating. Unfortunately at least, there is another with similar symptoms. I hope you find a solution without investing a lot more $ & time into it. I agree some machines seem bulletproof while some seem plauged with issues, that even once repaired by factory backed experience still exhibit recurring issues. While those that have repeat issues is a small % it sure doesn't help the guy that has one of those machines. Wish you the best on getting it revived.
Thank you Jackal That's why I've been a bit cranky lately. Really love and miss that finicky b****, nothing like it for getting a group through the woods. Had to leave people behind on this trip unfortunately but making due and back out get back at it soon :)

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just got to the bar for drinks. Home for the night our hotel is up top cooling off. Hot dusty trip. 129 miles was the official one way wake up and do it again tomorrow. @100Acre is running hard today.
IMG 1407

For some reason can't text but can post?

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can you see that blurry spot in the background? That's my soul I left there!
You need to get back here you left other stuff too. It was weird cruising by a couple things thinking it's only been a week since we were riding with you all, truly feels like months! There's lots of unfinished bussiness left my friend.

Next time maybe you'll meet @100Acre, looks like he found an area he likes...starts his summer job Tuesday right on the trail system. Don't get much more country then that
IMG 1347

Looks like there will be a p500 parked there a lot.
Btw congratulations to our friend @HoundDog and his awesome wife here, just had a baby boy! So plus 1!

advertisement