P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
July ride??... f*** I'm naked now!
On group rides, that's why I bring up the rear, we have some really closed minded people here!:p

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How you liking your Wolverine?
We really like it so far no regrets. 750 on it and we haven't been nice, seems to be getting smoother if anything and love long periods with it I've never been sore or tired.
Rode with 4 and 5 people this weekend and handled that very well for what it is. We rescued some people and the guy was a big samoan type at 300+ rode in back with me and his wife was 3 deep upfront. Highly uncomfortable like that but took it. Rode behind 100acre wherever with 4 (two smaller in back) and it was absolutely fine, need to start building rear cage. It's not a Pioneer by any means for this and I miss many things but at this milestone I was nearly 3 clutches in pj so I'm truly loving the freedom to ride without worry.
Btw nothing is broke,bent,missing,squeaking or needs to be fixed it's just solid. We're going to do nothing more then add lights and rear winch. Great machine

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don't know if you're on the Wolvy forums, but they (Yamaha) are announcing something SxS tomorrow. One person claims that a "Yamaha rep" told him it was a Wolverine 4 seater in a "2+4" configuration with folding rear seats, al-la Pioneers.

You know how rumors are...but wouldn't that be interesting?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't know if you're on the Wolvy forums, but they (Yamaha) are announcing something SxS tomorrow. One person claims that a "Yamaha rep" told him it was a Wolverine 4 seater in a "2+4" configuration with folding rear seats, al-la Pioneers.

You know how rumors are...but wouldn't that be interesting?
Yep 850 Wolverine tomorrow supposedly. Another contender in the ring. Sure love my little 700 lol I'll bet it's a huge seller

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Be a great time to bring PJ in for service! Could get new clutches and clutch housing parts, and heat fix! Warranty or not could be worth it!
I'm not holding my breath for anything. Had I done that I would've been dead a year and a half ago.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What's the Wolverine talk. I go away for just a couple months and this happens.
Things change even for an old bull headed guy like me lol I always said Honda first and Yamaha second. Had 3 Pioneers but like the Wolvie.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What's the Wolverine talk. I go away for just a couple months and this happens.
CP has clutch issues on his P1 and hasn't got it sorted out YET, he will, he just didn't want to spend the summer working on his P1 at the house. I for one think the P1's are way over complicated. I didn't buy the extended warranty. If I have a bad failure, I'll pay to get it fixed and trade it in a heart beat! But so far every thing is good, taking mine in this Friday for the Factory heat fix.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Which one, the one we already bought or the x4 we're concerning to buy? Things change even for an old bull headed guy like me lol I always said Honda first and Yamaha second, just had three Pioneers thought I'd give Wolverine a shot and really like it
Yamaha has always built the most reliable motors in dirt bikes, if you take an average of years. Had two. Honda needs to step up to the plate. I'll keep my 16 P1 until Honda comes out with a machine equal to mine with the mod's I've done, it's not any thing wild, shocks! And real skid plate, 8 ply tires, winch and roof! Really Honda?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yamaha has always built the most reliable motors in dirt bikes, if you take an average of years. Had two. Honda needs to step up to the plate. I'll keep my 16 P1 until Honda comes out with a machine equal to mine with the mod's I've done, it's not any thing wild, shocks! And real skid plate, 8 ply tires, winch and roof! Really Honda?
Yamaha came stock with those things for 11k, not bad lol.
We've always had the best luck with Honda and we've owned a butt load of bikes and 4 wheelers.
This was our stable a couple years ago (minus my daughters crf110 but including loaner bikes for kids) I know bikes very well lol.
IMG 7710

Yamaha was always second best as we've never had a Honda failure except for p1k but not stopping now. Wolverine is just so cozy and so capable in the woods it's really made for that stuff. Still trying with pj but it was wasting our summer away like you said.
But enough talk about the stupid stuff it's riding season and we're back at it. That's what matters right now to me, everything else is just the bulls*** that you have to go through at times to get to your end goal :)

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yamaha came stock with those things for 11k, not bad lol.
We've always had the best luck with Honda and we've owned a butt load of bikes and 4 wheelers.
This was our stable a couple years ago (minus my daughters crf110 but including loaner bikes for kids) I know bikes very well lol.
View attachment 53910
Yamaha was always second best as we've never had a Honda failure except for p1k but not stopping now. Wolverine is just so cozy and so capable in the woods it's really made for that stuff. Still trying with pj but it was wasting our summer away like you said.
But enough talk about the stupid stuff it's riding season and we're back at it. That's what matters right now to me, everything else is just the bulls*** that you have to go through at times to get to your end goal :)
11 k Is very reasonable for those mods included!

Reactions: JTW and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How and what kind of transmission do they have?
Belt/wet clutch. They are bulletproof though and 100 bucks to fix everything if needed. Hate belts but the Yamaha setup is much better then any we've had. Miss shifting lots but then again I missed shifting before we got the new rig!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!