P1000 Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

• No issues.

Votes: 146 67.9%
  • Minor issues.

Votes: 38 17.7%
  • Major issues.

Votes: 31 14.4%

• Total voters
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's just the way I am. I do that with any vehicle car or ATV. After a full inspection you'll be surprised at what you'll find.

You'll find problems with alignment or things not centered exact like they should be.

I don't think my local Ford dealership is ever going to allow me to bring a vehicle in there again. First of all, I never take my vehicle anywhere to get repaired unless the repairs for free like for example it's a warranty job. I had a warranty repair performed on my truck it when I got home I thoroughly inspected and found enough problems that the technician lost his job and the dealership was very sorry for what they had done.

I took my wife's vehicle to a shop a couple years ago to have a new transmission installed and I inspected it I made them take it back out and try again the correct way. And they did it without charging an extra penny and apologize for screwing it up the first time.

When I had a company owned vehicle, we had to use fleet services to keep the vehicle maintained. I would constantly rip them a new one because they didn't change the oil filter thinking I wouldn't notice or put too much oil or not enough oil in the vehicle. One time I inspected the vehicle after a break job and found out that the brake pads were installed backwards!

So Monte, I agree that you shouldn't have to do things like that. But it's what I've always done and it doesn't matter if it's ford Chevy Honda Polaris or anything else you always find mistakes. I'm just amazed at all the hardships I would've had in life because of vehicle failures if I had not performed my inspections.
Oh my, that's amazing!!!! The only thing that I would disagree with you on is in classifying all that as "mistakes". I'm afraid you actually discribe carelessness and an unsavory characteristic of human nature. Far too many people just do not give a #%€£! But see what happens if ever once, their paycheck isn't on their desk Friday afternoon. I'm an employer and I can tell you that most people are looking for a check, and not a job.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh my, that's amazing!!!! The only thing that I would disagree with you on is in classifying all that as "mistakes". I'm afraid you actually discribe carelessness and an unsavory characteristic of human nature. Far too many people just do not give a #%€£! But see what happens if ever once, their paycheck isn't on their desk Friday afternoon. I'm an employer and I can tell you that most people are looking for a check, and not a job.

You're right. I expect the same from the guys that work for me. Sometimes they say I'm picky or too hard. @DGann !!

Just look it over real good when you get it. I will say that the white one was MUCH better quality than the red one.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You're right. I expect the same from the guys that work for me. Sometimes they say I'm picky or too hard. @DGann !!

Just look it over real good when you get it. I will say that the white one was MUCH better quality than the red one.
Don't hurt my feelings like that Joey. :(

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't hurt my feelings like that Joey. :(

I should say that I bought the red one in 2015 and the white one a year later and the assembly seems to have improved.

Better?

Reactions: Plumber32
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I should say that I bought the red one in 2015 and the white one a year later and the assembly seems to have improved.

Better?
It was a joke, it's always good. ;)

Reactions: joeymt33
S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
List your current problems with your Pioneer 1000!

Problems: Yes or NO. Please list them.
  1. Which pioneer 1000 do you have?
  2. The date you bought it?
  3. How many miles you have on it?
  4. What accessories you have installed on it?
  5. The terrain you ride on?
  6. The brand of oil you use in it?

--------------------
Here is mine:
Problems= back brake line was leaking had to tighten it and bleed brake lines. front end alignment because tires wear on the inside to much.
1. Pioneer 1000-5 Non Deluxe [Green]
2. December 30 2015
3. 1625 miles
4. HARD ROOF 5P, Honda ALUMINUM A-ARM GUARDS front & rear ,TWO-PIECE POLY WINDSCREEN (HARD COAT),KFI SE45 ATV Stealth Winch, ATV Tek UTVSV1 Adjustable Multi-Directional Sun Blocking Clear View UTV Sun Visor,Heininger 6000 Advantage Adjustable 11-Inch Hitch Extension, Home made mud blockers, Kolpin 3 Way Hitch, 2-Inch, Moose UTV Inside/Outside Rear View Mirror - 0640-0386.Rubber Bed Mat led light bar.

5. woods, field, back roads, Mud, Water, rocks, dirt. Ice & snow. Steep hills,pulling 5x8 trailer.
6. Honda oil

Problems= Bottoms out when you have two big guys in front when hitting significant bumps or jumps. Rear passengers get beatup pretty bad due to passenger position over rear tires. After pulling my son out of a mudhole at Hogwaller I think I burned up my clutches? Machine doesnt move until over 1000rpm and doesn't want to shift. Although Honda dealer service manager says problems due to riding in High gear. He says Honda recommends low gear? Would the Pioneer 1000 ride well at 35+mph in low gear on dirt and clay trails? Otherwise the design is good and have enjoyed it overall just frustrated with possible clutch problem.

1.Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe Camo
2. November 2016
3. 600+ miles
4. Super ATV hard roof, Super ATV 2 piece windshield, Traveler 4500lb. winch.
5. Home/ranch use, fast trails Durham Town Plantation, Ga, Hogwaller Mud Bog, Fl. Mostly trail riding in dry sand and clay 35MPH +/- average speed.
6. Honda oil

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problems= Bottoms out when you have two big guys in front when hitting significant bumps or jumps. Rear passengers get beatup pretty bad due to passenger position over rear tires. After pulling my son out of a mudhole at Hogwaller I think I burned up my clutches? Machine doesnt move until over 1000rpm and doesn't want to shift. Although Honda dealer service manager says problems due to riding in High gear. He says Honda recommends low gear? Would the Pioneer 1000 ride well at 35+mph in low gear on dirt and clay trails? Otherwise the design is good and have enjoyed it overall just frustrated with possible clutch problem.

1.Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe Camo
2. November 2016
3. 600+ miles
4. Super ATV hard roof, Super ATV 2 piece windshield, Traveler 4500lb. winch.
5. Home/ranch use, fast trails Durham Town Plantation, Ga, Hogwaller Mud Bog, Fl. Mostly trail riding in dry sand and clay 35MPH +/- average speed.
6. Honda oil
It won't hit 35 in low. Has a speed limiter in low range. PITA too

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It won't hit 35 in low. Has a speed limiter in low range. PITA too
I didn't think so, kind of crazy that the service manager would have suggested that. I'm pretty disappointed, this is my first Honda(other than my mini trail when I was a kid) and I was looking forward to a very reliable machine. Dealer says they are warrantying a lot of clutches, not what I wanted to hear. I have Arctic Cat and Polaris machines for myself and my kids as well and haven't this kind of problem, especially this early on. Don't get me wrong the other machines aren't perfect but no major problems with years of riding.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check it again, mine will hit the rev limit at either 35 or 36 mph in low.
Already been checked several times. Mine tops out around 32 or 33. Probably speedometer error.

Reactions: joeymt33
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are you hiring, Im looking for a employer who understands their employees?

R

Raymond2525

Feb 20, 2017
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
List your current problems with your Pioneer 1000!
1. 2 axles broke passenger side less than 50 hours they broke when it bottomed out the wheels over extended.
2. rear passenger axle again went out , replaced it with turner eagle axle still working fine.
3. front axle right side again goes out , trying to get Honda to warranty it, they say it will take a week, to find out if they will or not.
4. rear door latch loose locking machoism .
5. I think it geared to high and Honda needs to fix this. why can someone in there shop can make a fix, and charge $850.00
were is Honda at on this. they cant give us a lower high range and lower low range we spend thousands for this machine
they can fix this for almost nothing. it will cost us about $850.00 and about $510.00 for each axle $2040.00 total $2890.00
Honda can fix it cheaper than their customers , then they will have a sidebyside.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1. 2 axles broke passenger side less than 50 hours they broke when it bottomed out the wheels over extended.
2. rear passenger axle again went out , replaced it with turner eagle axle still working fine.
3. front axle right side again goes out , trying to get Honda to warranty it, they say it will take a week, to find out if they will or not.
5. I think it geared to high and Honda needs to fix this. why can someone in there shop can make a fix, and charge $850.00
were is Honda at on this. they cant give us a lower high range and lower low range we spend thousands for this machine
they can fix this for almost nothing. it will cost us about $850.00 and about $510.00 for each axle $2040.00 total $2890.00
Honda can fix it cheaper than their customers , then they will have a sidebyside.
Post pics of the broken axles. Just curious.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds strange! What mods do you have installed? Also pictures of your ride if you would? Thanks.

R

Raymond2525

Feb 20, 2017
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Running lift kit, big tires or pulling a heavy trailer?

5867"]Running lift kit, big tires or pulling a heavy trailer?[/QUOTE]
14 inch rims with Kendra executioner tires .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!