P1000 DIY Skid Plate Template

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well hell, we'll have to meet up for a ride. We like to stay at Hill Country and Powder Mill. Actually, last time we were there I noticed an LE at Powder Mill.

We are usually in lonesome. We have two little kids so the wife likes to be close to the pool and restaurant and stuff. Last year I met Kilo427 down there. Not sure who else goes. Here is the link to a C9R thread we started...

Cloud 9 Ranch

Reactions: Biteme and Bones
C

cgandyman

Jan 27, 2019
Alabama
Gerry,
I sent the file yesterday. Check your spam folder. Let me know.
Hey man! Sorry for late response.I just found where replies are on this tapatalk app. This is new to me.I checkedmy spam and its not there.I will send you an email and maybe you could reply with attachment?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can someone please send me a copy of the skid plate? [email protected]

For those who have built one, would it be possible to add a front lip bent up behind the front tires as well as extending the side to protect the rockers?

Really like the idea of the limited drain holes. Being in Arizona we don’t know what mud is....

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

For those who have built one, would it be possible to add a front lip bent up behind the front tires as well as extending the side to protect the rockers?

Really like the idea of the limited drain holes. Being in Arizona we don’t know what mud is....

You'll want the vent holes for getting air flow up to the exhaust.

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'll have to do it tomorrow. The file is not on this computer. The email will come from [email protected] incase it goes to spam.

Reactions: Biteme and NFA_Fun
Muttly

Muttly

Sep 2, 2017
Mid MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
CTDPower is 'Da MAN.... If you use his template tell him thanks or send him a case of good beer or something :)
He sent me the template a while ago, last week I had the second stick try to skewer me wile woodsy riding....
Time to get this thing done...
So a trip to Alro plastics for a 4x 8 of 1/2 sheet, then to Staples
Staples was a disaster, first print was at 99%, glad I measured, second print.. ran out of paper, third print was good, they even printed it in color by mistake. The template made it easy to verify the size was right with #s on the sheet and rulers on the sheet.

I followed the lead of CTD, silver sharpie, jig saw hole saw, circular saw router. Trust the template, this makes this almost easy.

I have a plow mount, so I cut the front shorter and milled the sheet to fit over the mounts. I might add another plate here, I didn't have bolts long enough.

I cut the corners at the fold line on the template, not the shorter line, and did not do the folds.

I also decided that I need to cut and install the side plates, as the last stick came through the drivers side when I was backing up.

I made them full length, 44" on the inside, 42, and went with 16 5/8" wide.

I also went with rivnuts, 1/4-20 as I had a ton of 1/4-20 bolts in stock. I'm going to switch out to these bolts: LOT 25 1/4-20 X 1 3/8" FLAT HEAD ALLEN SOCKET 35MM JOINT CONNECTOR BOLT BLACK NC | eBay

I clamped and braced the side plates in place and drilled 23/64 holes thru the plate and frame, used 3/8 bolts to keep stuff from moving around, then pulled the plates off to insert the rivnuts. I also pop-riveted an aluminum angle to hold the back inside corner.

I didn't take a lot of pics during cutting but here's what I ended up with:

Yea I know I should have washed it before I started...

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe this has been covered before...

Will this work on a 1000-5?

I don’t believe there are any frame differences?

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got my file printed to start my skid plate DIY, was $30.23 at fedex print store, just emailed [email protected] with the pdf they email you a code and you take that code into the the store to print, the lady helping knew exactly how it was supposed to be printed and it came out right. Got my 3/8 UHMW 4’x10’ sheet from polymershapes.com, there is a local store 45 mins away where I picked it up, it cost me $257 + tax, the 1/2 sheet was $357. I will update with pictures as I go, I bought some tube clamps for the the side skids to mount to, if those don’t work out I will use self tapping screws.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got my file printed to start my skid plate DIY, was $30.23 at fedex print store, just emailed [email protected] with the pdf they email you a code and you take that code into the the store to print, the lady helping knew exactly how it was supposed to be printed and it came out right. Got my 3/8 UHMW 4’x10’ sheet from polymershapes.com, there is a local store 45 mins away where I picked it up, it cost me $257 + tax, the 1/2 sheet was $357. I will update with pictures as I go, I bought some tube clamps for the the side skids to mount to, if those don’t work out I will use self tapping screws.

That's a great price on material. I'd take the time to use bolts and nutserts rather than self tappers

SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a great price on material. I'd take the time to use bolts and nutserts rather than self tappers

Yeah I wasn’t too thrilled about self tappers, but I picked up a few GS Power tube clamps from Amazon that look like they will be able to clamp on the side rails and cross tubes for the sides skids

G

Goatcheese

Jul 19, 2019
Uxbridge Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great job on the skid plate. Very nice write up. Just wondering if I could get a copy of the template? I’m a new pioneer owner coming off a can am commander, first thing I would like to upgrade is the skid. Or lack of.
I’m a do it yourself’er and love tinkering. Pricing skids online in Canada is a lot of money for the little material given.
If someone can share the template my email is:
[email protected]
Thanks

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great job on the skid plate. Very nice write up. Just wondering if I could get a copy of the template? I’m a new pioneer owner coming off a can am commander, first thing I would like to upgrade is the skid. Or lack of.
I’m a do it yourself’er and love tinkering. Pricing skids online in Canada is a lot of money for the little material given.
If someone can share the template my email is:
[email protected]
Thanks

Just sent the files. Also sent the file to do the whole bottom much like the Factory UTV plate. Good luck and post pics when done.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!