Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You guys kill me. This is so entertaining to see the i4WD debate. I do agree we should start a thread to keep this one and others clean.

I tend to stay away from the topic. I’ve only spoke about it a couple times on here.

I’ve got a thread coming in a few minutes so we can debate and vote.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The limited slip is like what is used in a Subaru. I can’t remember the name of it. I’ve already seen the destruction.

Keeping it locked and not letting it differentiate has been my best option for reliability.

8cb5138e8a9b62caf9635beb3966953d

4d28ca253aa6ed78a9eb910f36067ed1

Abe5b8b083c9dee0dea4d39aa08d38c8

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol I didn't know that we get to pick what facts are relevant. I guess a manual locking differential has never been broken and will never fail.
It's hard to call it convenience because they both operate with the same lever and a cable. So in your scenario with a broken lever or cable I can still put my machine in 4wd. BOOM! Look at that.

I dont care if you dont want i4wd. The problem is you are choosing what you want to believe and dont have any idea how it works. I'm not going to waste my time explaining it. But just so you know if you take away all the electronics you are still left with 4wd.

Here is a picture of the magic 4wd sending unit you speak of. Straight from my machine. View attachment 112896

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The mileage was NOT relevant, since the sending unit can go out at any time. I have had BRAND NEW vehicle not function properly, soooooo the mileage had nothing to do with it , esp considering most of the miles were 2WD.

NO ...... you LOCKING mechanism is not controlled by that cable, but rather computer generated, otherwise the hold scenario of brake off/brake on/power off/on would not come into play ...... did you forget that?

BS, if whatever controls the I4wd goes haywire, you have 3wd. If you don't know that, you are lying to yourself ...... lol. That cable is NOT the deciding factor on your 4WD, the computer is.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would it be like a reg open diff? Spinning opposite ways? I'd bet the system would see the different directions and shut down 4wd completely.
Soooo How big a bet we talkin? $$$$

Reactions: sharp
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
You know someone will put portals and the biggest tires and just put around in the swamps with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first to do that will be referred to as "idiot" from now on.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The mileage was NOT relevant, since the sending unit can go out at any time. I have had BRAND NEW vehicle not function properly, soooooo the mileage had nothing to do with it , esp considering most of the miles were 2WD.

NO ...... you LOCKING mechanism is not controlled by that cable, but rather computer generated, otherwise the hold scenario of brake off/brake on/power off/on would not come into play ...... did you forget that?

BS, if whatever controls the I4wd goes haywire, you have 3wd. If you don't know that, you are lying to yourself ...... lol. That cable is NOT the deciding factor on your 4WD, the computer is.
Well you dont know what you're talking about. I have a lever and cable that controls the front diff. The only thing the computer does is control brake activity. But you like to make s*** up so I cant help that.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well you dont know what you're talking about. I have a lever and cable that controls the front diff. The only thing the computer does is control brake activity. But you like to make s*** up so I cant help that.

RIGHT. The puter controls your brake activity, which locks the spinning wheel and sends traction to the one on the ground. WITHOUT that puter doing that you have TWO wheel drive. It does not matter that the diff is locked if the wheels do not turn .... LOL. It really is that simple.

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did see a new member @IDIOT that liked a comment this morning... I hope he’s at the Takeover judging by his choice of usernames he’s either bored or going to fit right in.
Ok. That name is already taken.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!