Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
RIGHT. The puter controls your brake activity, which locks the spinning wheel and sends traction to the one on the ground. WITHOUT that puter doing that you have TWO wheel drive. It does not matter that the diff is locked if the wheels do not turn .... LOL. It really is that simple.

Nope. You still dont understand how it works. it really is that simple.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 906UP
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I

I'm confused as usual, When I was really broke and drove what I had, the rigs I owned didn't have limited slip diffs, and the way I got the tire that wasn't spinning to start trying was to apply some brake and even drove with the e brake on a couple clicks. I would think the I4WD system would work the same. So IF you broke an axel, I could see where the diff wouldn't know what's going on. It would be easy to find out, some one with a LE jack up one tire on the front clamp off the brake line, get both rear tires off the ground and gas the heck out of it, be sure to open the garage door first! HA! I've rode with several people that have the LE's, they go where the rest of us go without the I4WD. I've only seen one get stuck and that was because he was high centered, all four tires where off the ground.

Reactions: Tramguage1
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

lol ...... I do not need to understand the internal workings of it. That cable locking the diff does not equal both front wheels pulling. THAT aspect is controlled by a computer.

But when that cable is pulled on my Pioneer the front diff is locked AND BOTH front wheels will turn and pull if on the ground. I4wd adds at LEAST one more component to make that happen.

Exactly what was wrong with the locking diff on the standard P1k? NOTHING that I know of. Exactly what is BETTER about the I4wd? Nothing I know of! What is the difference between the two? The computer decided how/when to apply brake/torque. It really is that simple.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
lol ...... I do not need to understand the internal workings of it. That cable locking the diff does not equal both front wheels pulling. THAT aspect is controlled by a computer.

But when that cable is pulled on my Pioneer the front diff is locked AND BOTH front wheels will turn and pull if on the ground. I4wd adds at LEAST one more component to make that happen.

Exactly what was wrong with the locking diff on the standard P1k? NOTHING that I know of. Exactly what is BETTER about the I4wd? Nothing I know of! What is the difference between the two? The computer decided how/when to apply brake/torque. It really is that simple.

Will keep your axle in one piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landman and nbomar
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

You keep changing your story. I have the same cable but you said I only have 2 wheel drive....now is it 2....3 .. .or 4...?

But you dont have to UNDERSTAND how it works to tell me how it works....? That is facinating. On a machine that I own and can clearly see how it works....

advertisement
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Axle I have took out have been in lock and turned full lock , can’t see the I system binding it to the point of breakage

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That only helps front axles.. front axles break by either driver error or giving it holy hell and not stopping when the little voice says it’s time to quit!
You're wrong

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
That only helps front axles.. front axles break by either driver error or giving it holy hell and not stopping when the little voice says it’s time to quit!

I beg to differ , my first axle was on level ground , I forgot to unlock the front , backed up to turn around and as I turned hard it took the cage out , second one was in a bad spot but was agin backing up and turned hard this popping the cup

Reactions: Eltobgi
J

JTW

I beg to differ , my first axle was on level ground , I forgot to unlock the front , backed up to turn around and as I turned hard it took the cage out , second one was in a bad spot but was agin backing up and turned hard this popping the cup

That is driver error at its finest!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
I agree but with the I system it would of never happened

Reactions: JTW
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You keep changing your story. I have the same cable but you said I only have 2 wheel drive....now is it 2....3 .. .or 4...?

OK, I will accept blame for mistakenly thinking we would be thinking of the same scenario. I should have typed more thoroughly the scenario in my mind.

You are climbing a hill with I4wd engaged. Rear tires are on ground and pulling. Left front wheel is up in air, spinning. Right front wheel is on ground, not moving. The reason it is not moving is due to a problem with the apparatus (I assume computer) that is not working correctly (this is that additional component I referred to earlier). Whether the computer is broke, froze up, had a brain fart, etc does not matter. At THAT point you effectively have 2 wheel drive even with 3 wheels on the ground.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
OK, I will accept blame for mistakenly thinking we would be thinking of the same scenario. I should have typed more thoroughly the scenario in my mind.

You are climbing a hill with I4wd engaged. Rear tires are on ground and pulling. Left front wheel is up in air, spinning. Right front wheel is on ground, not moving. The reason it is not moving is due to a problem with the apparatus (I assume computer) that is not working correctly (this is that additional component I referred to earlier). Whether the computer is broke, froze up, had a brain fart, etc does not matter. At THAT point you effectively have 2 wheel drive even with 3 wheels on the ground.

And your eating ice cream with a fork ? At this point what difference does it make ?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!