Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But you dont have to UNDERSTAND how it works to tell me how it works....? That is facinating. On a machine that I own and can clearly see how it works....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I stated I don't need to understand the INTERNAL working, no more than I need to understand the internal working of my Takeuchi TL250 to effectively operate it and know the limitations of the hydraulic.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Much better video, 105 miles in 6 hours riding. Ending comment, he didn't miss his X3 with 178hp.

I would have loved to be there with the BEAST running with them. Sure I would have liked to be in the Talon, but damn I have been know to run the BEAST just as hard as they are running the Talon! It makes me want to ride BAD!!!!!!! Damn I am sick of winter!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree... that is where I can see the advantage to i4wd. And that’s why they use it. It’s seldom that the folks buying these things are going to “need” a true locker. But the reality is, some do!
YEP!

Reactions: TimG
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would have loved to be there with the BEAST running with them. Sure I would have liked to be in the Talon, but damn I have been know to run the BEAST just as hard as they are running the Talon! It makes me want to ride BAD!!!!!!! Damn I am sick of winter!
Me too buddy! Dammit this snow.
The crawls looked awesome, and to a degree the high speed smooth corners. We would’ve been right there with them in some of that, but the 60 across the whoops would’ve been a bit of a s*** show for The Beast and Clutch. I would’ve been right with you flipping in simultaneous fashion

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The crawls looked awesome, and to a degree the high speed smooth corners. We would’ve been right there with them in some of that, but the 60 across the whoops would’ve been a bit of a s*** show for The Beast and Clutch. I would’ve been right with you flipping in simultaneous fashion

Tough to make up that extra suspension travel for sure.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree... that is where I can see the advantage to i4wd. And that’s why they use it. It’s seldom that the folks buying these things are going to “need” a true locker. But the reality is, some do!
Wonder how it would work pulling this out?
7118282A BB1B 4E3D AFD6 296C7AA12A35

Ah who knows maybe it wouldn’t face that situation. Damn these farm rigs lol.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OK, I will accept blame for mistakenly thinking we would be thinking of the same scenario. I should have typed more thoroughly the scenario in my mind.

You are climbing a hill with I4wd engaged. Rear tires are on ground and pulling. Left front wheel is up in air, spinning. Right front wheel is on ground, not moving. The reason it is not moving is due to a problem with the apparatus (I assume computer) that is not working correctly (this is that additional component I referred to earlier). Whether the computer is broke, froze up, had a brain fart, etc does not matter. At THAT point you effectively have 2 wheel drive even with 3 wheels on the ground.
The only issue I have with your theoretical computer/electronic breakage is that i4wd has been out going on 3 years now... there's been LE's portal'd and dunked in the mud repeatedly and despite the jokes of LE's only being dirt road runners, they've been taken on difficult trails right along with the non i4wd, and I've yet to hear one instance of them magically going out or breaking.

Sure, you can say "but it's only been three years"... and that's true, however, Honda moving away from a true locker is kinda telling. It appears they're confident enough that they're not going tarnish their reputation in reliability. Sure, maybe they'll start going out in 10-15 years... anything is possible and at that point, the i4wd haters can say "I told ya it wouldn't last!".

advertisement
J

JTW

The only issue I have with your theoretical computer/electronic breakage is that i4wd has been out going on 3 years now... there's been LE's portal'd and dunked in the mud repeatedly and despite the jokes of LE's only being dirt road runners, they've been taken on difficult trails right along with the non i4wd, and I've yet to hear one instance of them magically going out or breaking.

Sure, you can say "but it's only been three years"... and that's true, however, Honda moving away from a true locker is kinda telling. It appears they're confident enough that they're not going tarnish their reputation in reliability. Sure, maybe they'll start going out in 10-15 years... anything is possible and at that point, the i4wd haters can say "I told ya it wouldn't last!".
But have they?? Difficult and right along with are broad statements...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Absolutely agree we would have been in for a rougher ride but I wouldn’t have minded! I’m not sure many have had the opportunity to see your driving skill, but I felt very comfortable with you behind the wheel of the BEAST and me in the passenger seat at RRB running wide open in turf mode on our first night ride there! Your focus was intense and you hit every line I would have! You can drive! So...I think it would be safe to say we would have been right there with @Hondasxs and the others! They would have felt the bass from the subs as I ran them down;)

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
But have they?? Difficult and right along with are broad statements...
Okay, then show me the video of an LE and Deluxe with the same tires/mods running the same trails where the LE doesn't make it... none of this "I did it with my locker and bet the LE can't" bulls***.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely agree we would have been in for a rougher ride but I wouldn’t have minded! I’m not sure many have had the opportunity to see your driving skill, but I felt very comfortable with you behind the wheel of the BEAST and me in the passenger seat at RRB running wide open in turf mode on our first night ride there! Your focus was intense and you hit every line I would have! You can drive! So...I think it would be safe to say we would have been right there with @Hondasxs and the others! They would have felt the bass from the subs as I ran them down;)
I didn’t say we wouldn’t have tried it! I know you would’ve too. That’s why I said we’d be flipping together

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

That's exactly the response I would expect from a guy with a four foot long beard, HA! The LE's with the i4WD systems I've rode with on group rides have been great. I think it would be kinda spiffy not to have to think about transmission selection, but on the other hand, I leave ours in 4 WD and the steering is easy on the trails, now 4WD Lock is a different story. Really don't know why we get all stirred up about the i4WD system? But hey you know me, gotta add fuel to the fire! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ma
That’s exactly my point... LE guys are nowhere to be found when s*** gets real!
Maybe the LE guys are just smarter! HA! I wish I could be included into that group! HA!

Reactions: sharp and BigOL3
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!