P1000 Frame support/stiffener

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the superatv frame stiffener gusset kit. I have a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. Do I need this and will it fit? The superatv website says it is for the 16 to 17 model year. I am wanting to put a snow plow on my rig and want to make sure my frame is good to go. Thank you!

Reactions: TxDoc
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the superatv frame stiffener gusset kit. I have a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. Do I need this and will it fit? The superatv website says it is for the 16 to 17 model year. I am wanting to put a snow plow on my rig and want to make sure my frame is good to go. Thank you!

I run the Warn plow mount and it's a pretty beefy bash plate and offers a lot of protection for the leading edge of the bumper. I do not run the SuperATV frame kit because most failures have been upper a-arm mounts. I do have my upper a-arm mounts beefed up, gusseted and an improved bolt. For the lower a-arm mounts I added a gusset to the lower forward tab after bending a lower tab and a-arm.

IMG 20200514 203745

D

DDDonkey

I can’t say anything about fit with a plow, but I run it on my ‘17 and feel it has saved me more than once and that was before I installed my portals. I too may brackets for my upper a-arms to strengthen them, mine are bolt in though.

Reactions: TripleB
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t say anything about fit with a plow, but I run it on my ‘17 and feel it has saved me more than once and that was before I installed my portals. I too may brackets for my upper a-arms to strengthen them, mine are bolt in though.
We just bought a used plow today. It is 2 years old, only used once it's first year. Other than dust and surface rust it looks new. It was for a Polaris. It came with blade and mount so I plan to make my own mount for it. It was $200 complete so I figured it was a good deal. I figured if I got the stiffener in then I can just make my own mount and be fine. I see superatv shows it is for 16 to 17 so I am not sure if it will fit my 20. You say you make your own control arm stiffeners? I am interested in that.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run the Warn plow mount and it's a pretty beefy bash plate and offers a lot of protection for the leading edge of the bumper. I do not run the SuperATV frame kit because most failures have been upper a-arm mounts. I do have my upper a-arm mounts beefed up, gusseted and an improved bolt. For the lower a-arm mounts I added a gusset to the lower forward tab after bending a lower tab and a-arm.

View attachment 219358
Are you using the universal mount or model specific mount?

Reactions: nick253
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D

DDDonkey

We just bought a used plow today. It is 2 years old, only used once it's first year. Other than dust and surface rust it looks new. It was for a Polaris. It came with blade and mount so I plan to make my own mount for it. It was $200 complete so I figured it was a good deal. I figured if I got the stiffener in then I can just make my own mount and be fine. I see superatv shows it is for 16 to 17 so I am not sure if it will fit my 20. You say you make your own control arm stiffeners? I am interested in that.
I made a YouTube video but basically I took 1/8” plate and made an L bracket with a gusset in it. I used the stock a-arm bolt and then two new grade 8 bolts that go to the bumper. The rear of the upper a-arm seems to be fine but others have welded washer to it beef it up, if you do that you will need a longer bolt. Since I have added my own brackets and SATV brace I have not had any problems, I also run 35”s and had a friend flip my machine on its side with no a-arm issues.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Rhino-F350

Rhino-F350

Jun 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DDDonkey do you have any pics of your L brackets on your machine?
Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the difference in frame from a 16 to 20 because superatv shows the frame stiffener is for a 16

advertisement
H

HondaTech

I am not sure but maybe @HondaTech will chime in. You can see the front bolt of the SATV frame stiffener in the pic posted.

I think some other members have discovered that the front A-arm mount holes have had washers welded on to keep from ripping the holes out.

I really never paid much attention tbh.

The hitch plate was reinforced for 2017 models but that doesn't have anything to do with the front end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robobrainiac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!