P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Ok I understand now it wasn't until after I got everything wired up I went to put the hood back on only to realize the cover for the PDM stuck up a half inch too high on the front outer corner so I cut a wedge shaped slice out folding the top flap down at an angle I had some black gorilla tape I used to hold everything in place while the edge was hot. It sealed up so well i never took the tape off.

The pre filter cover is only $7 so I bought another one I am thinking of relocating the PDM and battery isolator further back to the top of the Odyssey battery. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. It works the way i did it but makes it a PITA to pop off that cover with 20 wires attached to it.
Thank you for the response. Do you think you could get a more detailed pic of the way it turned out or is it a moot point due to the relocation plans? Either way I'm curious how it turns out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you for the response. Do you think you could get a more detailed pic of the way it turned out or is it a moot point due to the relocation plans? Either way I'm curious how it turns out.
Right now what you see in the pics is what you get there is no more details to show. How things get wired is entirely how you are going to use it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
OK I relocated the PDM and replaced the air intake cover with a new one. The below three pictures in order reflect, completely stock, PDM attached / imbedded into air intake cover / PDM moved to back and center affixed to metal support hoop.

STOCK
20151228 131831

PDM embedded in the intake cover
20151230 180906

PDM moved back with new intake cover

Revised PDM location

This took me only about 15 minutes to move everything as I left my initial wiring loose enough to have room to move things around.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
OK I relocated the PDM and replaced the air intake cover with a new one. The below three pictures in order reflect, completely stock, PDM attached / imbedded into air intake cover / PDM moved to back and center affixed to metal support hoop.

STOCK
View attachment 11511

PDM embedded in the intake cover
View attachment 11512

PDM moved back with new intake cover

View attachment 11513

This took me only about 15 minutes to move everything as I left my initial wiring loose enough to have room to move things around.
You are awesome. Thank you. I'm guessing from the pics you hadn't settled the battery Iso yet. There's something in the second pic that gets covered by the PDU in the third pic. Looks battery related judging by the cable size, what's that?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You are awesome. Thank you. I'm guessing from the pics you hadn't settled the battery Iso yet. There's something in the second pic that gets covered by the PDU in the third pic. Looks battery related judging by the cable size, what's that?
It's the fusible link from the battery to the 200 amp relay for the winch.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Got my temporary dash plate all setup with GPS and took it for a test run to make sure everything held tight. Happy with it for being a temp solution until final rockers gangs arrive.

View attachment 8570

Front view with Sasquatch lights on :)
View attachment 8571

Rear view with Zombie Lights on :)

View attachment 8572
can u take your front windshield out with the front pods mounted there or would u have to remove them to take out windshield? thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am sure it will come off without removing the pods. Its the 40" light bar attached to the windshield frame that would be a pain as I have it hard wired and it is mounted to the steel windshield frame. I cannot think of any reason to take it off though. People who take them off either deal with bugs, cold, or rain having it on doesn't get that much hotter(in summer months) and the aforementioned benefits out weigh the latter.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Im used to running without a windshield so no big deal if it gets to hot its coming off!! If it doesn't it will prob never come off again lol. just trying to keep my options open I want to be able to remove things without trouble.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Im used to running without a windshield so no big deal if it gets to hot its coming off!! If it doesn't it will prob never come off again lol. just trying to keep my options open I want to be able to remove things without trouble.
I understand that. If a company would make a tip out glass windshield for the P1K I think that would be the best of both worlds. If it gets warm crack it open about 4" at the bottom to let air flow through and the heat issue would be resolved while still keeping bugs / wind / rain out of you face.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: Tot
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
The mirrors are Bad Dawg UTV mirrors for 1.75" roll cage, they work excellent and when adjusted even stay put after trailering on open trailer at 70 MPH for a few hundred miles. Would definitely buy them again.

$52 on Amazon.com: Amazon.com: Bad Dawg UTV 1.75" Breakaway Side View Mirrors Set for Ranger, RZR, Rhino, Gator: Automotive

I use these also. Good mirror, whacked quite a few branches with them so far and still in one piece. May need to adjust the tension on the mirror head. Mine move at 65 on the trailer. I'll be messing with those tomorrow.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
The mirrors are Bad Dawg UTV mirrors for 1.75" roll cage, they work excellent and when adjusted even stay put after trailering on open trailer at 70 MPH for a few hundred miles. Would definitely buy them again.

$52 on Amazon.com: Amazon.com: Bad Dawg UTV 1.75" Breakaway Side View Mirrors Set for Ranger, RZR, Rhino, Gator: Automotive
Thanks! I was pulling a trailer through town returning it to the local co-op and was having to turn around to check what was behind me. I remembered you having some that I like the looks of. They will probably be my next purchase

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I just got the seismic mirrors. I was willing to pay the extra money to have the memory positions so they snap back to where they were after u fold them in or they get hit. Has anyone else tried them? I hope they work well

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just got the seismic mirrors. I was willing to pay the extra money to have the memory positions so they snap back to where they were after u fold them in or they get hit. Has anyone else tried them? I hope they work well
The Bad Dawg Side Mirrors I bought stay put even after 500 miles of interstate at 75 mph I don't have to adjust them, only the dog gone tree whapping them on the passenger side is a PITA. For regular use I am very happy with those.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
The Bad Dawg Side Mirrors I bought stay put even after 500 miles of interstate at 75 mph I don't have to adjust them, only the dog gone tree whapping them on the passenger side is a PITA. For regular use I am very happy with those.
I always tell my co pilot to look at the mirror. Then they have an idea of where to reset it after whacking trees.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
for those reasons they are worth the extra 30-40 bucks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When setting up for the group ride last month decided to mess with different way to mount my jack to prevent as much mud as I could from getting into it. Ended up just flipping it to where the mechanism was at the top near the roof and it stayed pretty clean even after 200 miles of muddy trails over 4 days of riding. Since it was just the wife and I ended up putting the spare tire/wheel in the bed the hand grab rail at the front and the tie down ring at the back worked perfect to hold the tire & wheel with one ratchet strap, it never shifted during the whole weekend of riding. I will still work out a solution to mount everything out back so all seats can be used, but that will have to wait until this winter.

Rear mounting of jack  tire

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the Pioneer Takeover sponsors, 35 North Honda aka. Kent motorsports for all the help and door prizes they donated for our [HASHTAG]#pioneertakover[/HASHTAG]

North Honda Kent Motorsports in New Braunfels, Texas | Honda ATVs, Motorcycles, UTVs For Sale

I ended up winning this gear rail system from Kolpin donated by them, I wasn't sure how I would use it at first but after unboxing it I am pretty sure it will support a spare tire & wheel as well as (2) 3 gal. Rotopax. I will mount it across the rear roll bars just above the tailgate. The clamping brackets can be bought separate for $28 each, the main rail system as shown below sells for about $147. The rail is oversize and you cut the length to fit once clamps are mounted and measured. By its oval design it will not bend or twist and is made of heavy aluminum extrusion. I've ordered 2 extra clamps to slide on and will either put a 4 gal Rotopax on the inboard side opposite the spare tire or two 3 gal Rotopax outboard beside the tire room permitting. Once I get the other clamps in I will cut to fit and take proper pictures. Thanks again Kent motorsports for this and the many other items your business donated.

140706 ts

Reactions: PioneerPete
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!