P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just ordered me some. Lol.

My wife has been begging me to get these in the P1K since day one she likes them that much from the P500 and SXS before that. We have worn them for up to 10 hour rides out West and they are comfortable, yet safer than the 3 point belts. The key is you don't get jostled around in rough terrain they keep you planted as if you are a part of the seat bottom if set correctly, wear them loose and that effectiveness is defeated.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm going to start asking manufacturers for referral fees. :D Put click this link to buy this accessory in my threads. LOL.

Someone has to be the Pioneer of modifying Pioneers living in Pioneer, TN. :p

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm going to start asking manufacturers for referral fees. :D Put click this link to buy this accessory in my threads. LOL.

PM me your address and sizes and I will send you and the wife a T-shirt with my companies logo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
PM me your address and sizes and I will send you and the wife a T-shirt with my companies logo!

Thanks for the kind offer, I was just messing around. After going back over my two build threads getting links to answer questions I get reminded of all the posts, " My wife's going to kill me if I get another box from RMATV or AMAZON. You are a bad influence Jackal."

LMAO :D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: Hometeam
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Would like the model # of the belts you used. Are there tabs,and are there any adjustability for length at the ends?

Tram gauge you needed those at the senior Royal blue ride lol make sure the boss buckles hers

Reactions: joeymt33
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Don't worry I have haven't done any hard riding since that day. We were very lucky!!!! These should be OEM

Reactions: joeymt33
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hopefully the new "Talon" gives us a great performance platform to work from. I've got my family trail cruiser covered with the P500 & P1K5D. Now I'm ready to add a go fast SxS to the stable, hopefully won't cause too many divorces over that build, it won't be cheap. ;):oops::rolleyes:

advertisement
Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Dan
I can't comment on how well it works, but my cousin has his and after his first ride we put that material under the seat and although it did help, it did not cute the problem. The heat was coming right through the back crack. I just got my 1000-5 Thursday night and right away tore it apart and did the entire seat and back as Jackal did. It will be a good comparison as I'm riding with my cousin on Sunday. I'll let you know but I'm hoping it does a lot better then just the bottom. The whole project took me about an hour and a half, that's taking my time and going really slow.
I ordered the same product that was shown in this thread of Amazon.
Hope that helps a little
Danny
Thanks, look at my post a little while ago about taking with the dealer that I bought my 1000-5 from.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am with you on that one

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Has anyone attempted to install the seats pictured in this link as a mod?
Read my P500 build thread they fit. All details in the thread step by step. Starting here, stick with it for about 20 posts.
P500 - Jackal's P500

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice job! Have you considered a similar mod in the 1000?
No need all 5 seats for grandkids and P1K rides much much better than P500.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Your killing me! I can't stop reading your posts. Ordered me some too! I think you cost me $2000 this month alone. ($1000 for the SXS and $1000 at Turkey Creek my wife's favorite shopping area.)

Reactions: JTW, pct and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Your killing me! I can't stop reading your posts. Ordered me some too! I think you cost me $2000 this month alone. ($1000 for the SXS and $1000 at Turkey Creek my wife's favorite shopping area.)
It's only money. Less to waste on lottery tickets, beer, & cigarettes, think of it an alternative addiction health program. :D

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Tram gauge you needed those at the senior Royal blue ride lol make sure the boss buckles hers
20160824 164812
look what the Brown truck brought today!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that I am going on longer rides frequently got tired of the OEM setbelts rubbing on my neck / collar bone area and wanted something more comfortable.

Since I am completely happy with the BEARD 4 point restraints with automotive latch that I have in my P500, I added a pair to the front of my P1K5D. Keeping the center seat belt for car or booster seats for now.

Installation was very easy, on drivers side behind padded headrest is a hole already between the two mounting bolts. There I used a single 3/8" x 1.25" bolt to secure the upper harness mounts together to backside of headrest mount. On both sides used the OEM location and bolts for the bottom harness mounts. The passengers side top is a little different but simple drilled a 3/8" hole in the same place as on drivers side and used a 2.5" long 3/8" bolt due to the size and shape of the OEM metal headrest bracket.

These padded harnesses are VERY comfortable as well as keeping you put on rough terrain making the ride even more enjoyable. In case of rolling the machine these will keep you in place even if you end up on your roof.

Beard 4-Point Safety Harness with Automotive Buckle | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

View attachment 20450
View attachment 20451

My wife has this exact complaint, I was thinking of removing the lock off the seatbelt. That seems to be her issue is it tightens up because of that slide lock at the buckle. I think cutting that off would allow some movement like a car belt. Since I lowered the cage it rides in a much more comfortable spot on your shoulders

Reactions: pct
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!