P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 and I did a test with a temp gun. He has one 4" and I have two 3" blowers. Covering exact same ground, his seat measured lower temps than mine. So I'm saying a 4" would be more efficient.
Edited. We used a temp gun NOT a heat gun lmao. Our 1000s provided the necessary heat believe me. It was a very warm day to start with.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome, thanks!
Hopefully I will have a field report on using a flat electric 8" radiator fan sometime tomorrow evening if interested. It'll be on my build thread.

Reactions: Johnsee
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Any added benefit to installing two of these fans? I've ordered two but I see you and many others have just installed one.
I'm sure the more airflow the better. Probably the best route would be a larger fan such as 8 to 10" with some cowling to direct airflow, while running at lower RPM for less noise. Kawasaki employed this method on the Teryx 4 and patented the design, this is likely why Honda hasn't copied a system that worked so well. Just gotta hate paying royalties to competition.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm sure the more airflow the better. Probably the best route would be a larger fan such as 8 to 10" with some cowling to direct airflow, while running at lower RPM for less noise. Kawasaki employed this method on the Teryx 4 and patented the design, this is likely why Honda hasn't copied a system that worked so well. Just gotta hate paying royalties to competition.
10 won't go unless outside dimensions I tried. 8 does real well it's been in for a month and a half

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
10 won't go unless outside dimensions I tried. 8 does real well it's been in for a month and a half
Probably the slickest way is get a second OEM cooling fan used up front on the radiator, mount it under the seat blowing across headers, and splice it into that originating fan wiring where it cuts in and out automatically with temps.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Probably the slickest way is get a second OEM cooling fan used up front on the radiator, mount it under the seat blowing across headers, and splice it into that originating fan wiring where it cuts in and out automatically with temps.
That's what I did. It's automatically controlled off of an adjustable digital controller on the dash and is variable fan.Also has 2 3" fans blowing into the cabin for heat off of the same controller. The controller was cheaper then a simple switch lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 and I did a test with a temp gun. He has one 4" and I have two 3" blowers. Covering exact same ground, his seat measured lower temps than mine. So I'm saying a 4" would be more efficient.

Also want to look at CFM, some of the 3" are only 120CFM and some of the 4" are 150CFM or so. Not sure what 4" @joeymt33 has but I searched to find a 230CFM 4" blower.

Amazon.com : Attwood Quiet Blower (White, 4-Inch) : Boat Blowers : Sports & Outdoors

I am sure @CumminsPusher 8" fans are much higher CFM

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the one you posted above. The Atwood quiet 4"

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the one you posted above. The Atwood quiet 4"

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

Those are what I bought as well. Two of them. Not sure if I'll use both or not. What is amp draw anyone know off top of their head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those are what I bought as well. Two of them. Not sure if I'll use both or not. What is amp draw anyone know off top of their head?

My 3" is 2.9 amps as well as the 8" fan just to give you an idea. The fan is alot quieter running but noise was never a concern for me.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I think I use a 3 amp fuse for mine. That helps some. It blows the fuse when I hit deep water. That's the way I wanted it so it wouldn't overload the circuit or hurt the motor.

Reactions: Delton
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last edited:
Reactions: ohanacreek
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 3" is 2.9 amps as well as the 8" fan just to give you an idea. The fan is alot quieter running but noise was never a concern for me.
Just looked and my 8" is 1700cfms. Hoping for some good results tomorrow. Little concerned about mud/water though. Both my blowers we're covered in mud and ran flawlessly.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I use a 3 amp fuse for mine. That helps some. It blows the fuse when I hit deep water. That's the way I wanted it so it wouldn't overload the circuit or hurt the motor.
That is what I need to do before tomorrow!

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
1350cfm was the number I think. It's super quiet.

Just looked and my 8" is 1700cfms. Hoping for some good results tomorrow. Little concerned about mud/water though. Both my blowers we're covered in mud and ran flawlessly.

Wow! That's a lot more CFM! I'm pretty sure it's better! As long as it can be submersed over and over and survive like my Atwood.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! That's a lot more CFM! I'm pretty sure it's better! As long as it can be submersed over and over and survive like my Atwood.
Im not totally convinced the rating mine is listed at is completely accurate lol. I'd bet there's several inconsistencies when it comes to equal testing. Also share your concerns about toughness. I installed quick connects so I can swap my blowers back in if needed.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's a radiator fan actually meant for the front of a vehicle it should be fine. I never turned it off at RRB you were there lol. Also deep water at Coalmont! Bildge is just meant for air and it does ok so I suspect fan is probably even more dependable.maybe put circuit breaker on it rather then fuse that's what I did but hasn't tripped.
Been suggesting the fan for awhile I'm glad finally got to it. Does seem to pull better then push I had it both ways spent some time with it

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a radiator fan actually meant for the front of a vehicle it should be fine. I never turned it off at RRB you were there lol. Also deep water at Coalmont! Bildge is just meant for air and it does ok so I suspect fan is probably even more dependable.maybe put circuit breaker on it rather then fuse that's what I did but hasn't tripped.
Been suggesting the fan for awhile I'm glad finally got to it. Does seem to pull better then push I had it both ways spent some time with it
I think CP is implying I'm hard headed!! Lol. Hey, I won't argue with that statement lol. I was content with the blowers, just curious about a fan and they are cheap. Not to mention I had other stuff going on......making my rig driveable, etc lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think CP is implying I'm hard headed!! Lol. Hey, I won't argue with that statement lol. I was content with the blowers, just curious about a fan and they are cheap. Not to mention I had other stuff going on......making my rig driveable, etc lol
s*** I wasn't really at all but yes some of us are a bit lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!