P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know I don't have a P1K, but here is a quick shot of the belts nearly finished. Only need to anchor the inside shoulder belts. Not sure on where I am going to anchor.
P.S. not sure what these buckles are made of but I burned up a couple drill bits, they are really hard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
20160827 201843

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know I don't have a P1K, but here is a quick shot of the belts nearly finished. Only need to anchor the inside shoulder belts. Not sure on where I am going to anchor.
P.S. not sure what these buckles are made of but I burned up a couple drill bits, they are really hard!

Why not anchor both top straps together like on my P500 build? Just used strap metal around the tube at top rear of seat.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It looks like he used plumbers strap. I think I want to find a more significant mounting point. I was able to use 3 of the original anchor points and bolts.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@JACKAL sorry to hijack you thread!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Flat bar or plumbing strap?

It is heavier than plumbing strap but similar in appearance, I get it from Farm supply stores like TSC or Rural King. It is 1.75" wide x 1/8" thick and is pre punched with 3/8" diameter holes every 1.5" they are sold in 4 foot sections for about $6 one piece can be cut to secure 4 harnesses.

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, I'll be ready for the Silver trail riders next year!!!

Reactions: BIGRACK
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It is heavier than plumbing strap but similar in appearance, I get it from Farm supply stores like TSC or Rural King. It is 1.75" wide x 1/8" thick and is pretty punched with 3/8" diameter holes every 1.5" they are sold in 4 foot sections for about $6 one piece can be cut to secure 4 harnesses.
Detailed pictures of this material and fabrication in the post linked below.

P500 - Jackal's P500

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Now that I am going on longer rides frequently got tired of the OEM setbelts rubbing on my neck / collar bone area and wanted something more comfortable.

Since I am completely happy with the BEARD 4 point restraints with automotive latch that I have in my P500, I added a pair to the front of my P1K5D. Keeping the center seat belt for car or booster seats for now.

Installation was very easy, on drivers side behind padded headrest is a hole already between the two mounting bolts. There I used a single 3/8" x 1.25" bolt to secure the upper harness mounts together to backside of headrest mount. On both sides used the OEM location and bolts for the bottom harness mounts. The passengers side top is a little different but simple drilled a 3/8" hole in the same place as on drivers side and used a 2.5" long 3/8" bolt due to the size and shape of the OEM metal headrest bracket.

These padded harnesses are VERY comfortable as well as keeping you put on rough terrain making the ride even more enjoyable. In case of rolling the machine these will keep you in place even if you end up on your roof.

Beard 4-Point Safety Harness with Automotive Buckle | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

View attachment 20450
View attachment 20451
How do you like your harness after a few months of owning them?

Reactions: Manwell and Delton
advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you like your harness after a few months of owning them?
Not trying to reply for @JACKAL, but I installed the same belts in the same way he did and I love them! The only downside is they take probably twice as long (maybe more than that) to get buckled in compared to the stock over the shoulder belt. I really feel secure strapped in with those things! I'd do it again...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not trying to reply for @JACKAL, but I installed the same belts in the same way he did and I love them! The only downside is they take probably twice as long (maybe more than that) to get buckled in compared to the stock over the shoulder belt. I really feel secure strapped in with those things! I'd do it again...
Buckling up I'm not worried about. How fast can you unbuckle is what I want to know. As in rolled over in water (or on fire) and need to make a hasty exit. That's what's important to me. I heard it's a quick process but checking to make sure.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buckling up I'm not worried about. How fast can you unbuckle is what I want to know. As in rolled over in water (or on fire) and need to make a hasty exit. That's what's important to me. I heard it's a quick process but checking to make sure.
Unbuckling is not a problem whatsoever... It takes longer to buckle up because there are two shoulder straps to get in place (and tighten) added to the waist buckle. I love mine... If we get together again before you make the modification you can feel free to check them out very closely and drive with them.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
No more difficult than any other car type buckle. Been on my roof once kept us perfectly in place until we were ready to get out and upright the machine.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No more difficult than any other car type buckle. Been on my roof once kept us perfectly in place until we were ready to get out and upright the machine.
Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Reactions: Windrock1000
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unbuckling is not a problem whatsoever... It takes longer to buckle up because there are two shoulder straps to get in place (and tighten) added to the waist buckle. I love mine... If we get together again before you make the modification you can feel free to check them out very closely and drive with them.
Hopefully we can get together on Mary's Ridge soon.

Reactions: Windrock1000
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't posted any updates in a while currently addressing in cab heat. Insulation installed the right way under the plastic and double layer between seat belts next to head and header pipes along with 4" bilge fan. Removal of seat back and plastic cover between seat bottom and back. Insulation BEFORE it heats up the plastic next to the occupants.
View attachment 19183
View attachment 19184

Will post as insulation is installed. Why is it so hot normally because only 2" gap and 1/8" of plastic separate engine from occupants. View attachment 19185
Any added benefit to installing two of these fans? I've ordered two but I see you and many others have just installed one.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any added benefit to installing two of these fans? I've ordered two but I see you and many others have just installed one.
@joeymt33 and I did a test with a temp gun. He has one 4" and I have two 3" blowers. Covering exact same ground, his seat measured lower temps than mine. So I'm saying a 4" would be more efficient.

Last edited:
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 and I did a test with a temp gun. He has one 4" and I have two 3" blowers. Covering exact same ground, his seat measured lower temps than mine. So I'm saying a 4" would be more efficient.
Awesome, thanks!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!