P500 Jackal's P500

Will be picking up my Pioneer 500 this Friday 8/7 and already have about $4500 of accessories on the way.
Will post before & after pics as I go along. :) Nothing outstanding at first but these things take on a life all unto themselves. And so it begins....... The addiction.

2015 Honda Pioneer 500 in Green

Honda Hard Roof Black
Honda Full Poly Hardcoat tip out Windshield
Honda Fabric Rear Panel Black
Honda Rear View Mirror
Honda Cab Frame Cargo Bag
Honda Front Under Hood Tray
Honda Under Seat Storage Tray
Honda Rear Bumper
Honda Rubber Floor Mats
Strong Made Winch Series Front Bumper
KFI Stealth 3500 Winch Synthetic Rope
SSS OFFROAD full UHMW skid set
STI Roctane XD tires 26 x 9 x 12 on all corners
Frame plug set
MTX 6 Speaker Bluetooth Sound Bar
Beard 4 Point Safety Harnesses w/ Automotive Latch
Beard Bucket suspension seats. *Yes they fit barely*
RotopaX 3 Gal Gas Can and Quick detach mount
Pro Armor Cab Mounted Fire Extinguisher
TUSK 30" LED Spot/Flood Light bar 16,500 Lumen
48" Better Built Aluminum toolbox & Custom fabricated Bed on rear rack

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
But def looks amazing bro

@jak9922 Thanks for the compliments, I will not change the suspension, just added the seats for comfort not fast riding. I'll leave that to you. :D

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I'm glad you've finished. My wife may kill me if I get another box in from Rocky Mountain. You are a bad influence on an impressionable mind. Ha! I've got to post some new pics. I have followed your lead and purchased the Hi-Lift jack. I then "had" to purchase the brackets, a rear bumper to mount the brackets, a front bumper (it was on sale), a KFI winch mount, and a buttload of weatherstripping, grommets, connectors,etc. I WAS happy with my rig before seeing your build, now I'm constantly adding "just one more thing". Ha! Used my only downtime today looking at front racks and gun boots. You may have to come to AK to stand watch while I sleep. Between the baby and my increasingly perturbed wife, I'm not getting much rest.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks to @jrplaza2008 of Creative UTV Graphics for their fall promotion. Got my 16" decal for my P500 in matching Olive Green. Looks awesome. Cheers!
20151003 125558 zps5islfbbp

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
Awesome rig, have you had any battery issues running the stereo and light bar together, our bikes have a bit bigger charging system than the 700 so I think it should be ok.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Awesome rig, have you had any battery issues running the stereo and light bar together, our bikes have a bit bigger charging system than the 700 so I think it should be ok.
I have not had it out after dark long enough to tell. Both draw about 250 watts combined so I should be OK.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
How did you end up mounting your Beard Bucket suspension seats? I seen a photo in another thread and they look GREAT!!!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How did you end up mounting your Beard Bucket suspension seats? I seen a photo in another thread and they look GREAT!!!!!
It is all shown in this very thread from day i took it home to current setup just start on page 2 or three of this thread and scroll through it listed things in detail with many photos.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
good point - I somehow jumped to the last page and never realized it.
Thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
good point - I somehow jumped to the last page and never realized it.
Thanks
Long story short I wanted to be able to go back to factory so i made my own seat pans rather than cut on the factory plastic ones. The seats attached by a front hook in the factory location and rely on the harness to secure it at top rear. Just got back from a week long ride they work perfectly. See my post on ride report Royal Blue in TN on these forums.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Just a follow up answer to your question. We had the P500 out in the dark running the 30" light bar and radio for a few hours daily over 4 consecutive days when riding in TN a few weeks ago. Everything worked great had no hint of battery drain the OEM stator could not keep up with. Very happy with the performance of the soundbar / light bar / & the P500 in general. Definitely a nimble machine for tighter trails.

Reactions: 15P5Mike
M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I grant you it is pricey but for what its worth it is very well built and its sound performance in both clarity and loudness has me beyond impressed. I bought it because I wanted it and already had everything I needed on the way so I used a RMATV 10% off code and $100 of customer loyalty cash to get it for $440 instead of the $599. The wife had hinted at getting tunes as we had never had any on the trail before. Very happy I went with it.

I just joined this forum I don't have a rig yet....but I have a man crush on yours....holy crap!! Great work....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just joined this forum I don't have a rig yet....but I have a man crush on yours....holy crap!! Great work....
Thanks and welcome to the club @Markbama

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I love your build. Thanks for sharing and the detail someday I may do the same thing for the seats. I also love the jack idea. I'll add one of those at some point too. Thanks again

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So Jackal, did a wiring harness come with the sound bar? I can't see where you ran the wiring from the sound bar. And the mirror, where'd you find it. And how are you able to fit the mirror and sound bar on the same front roll cage bar??

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So Jackal, did a wiring harness come with the sound bar? I can't see where you ran the wiring from the sound bar. And the mirror, where'd you find it. And how are you able to fit the mirror and sound bar on the same front roll cage bar??

I comes with all the wiring and a fuse needed ran the wiring along the roll cage, a single small wire to an ignition hot wire and the main direct to the battery. Comes on automatically when key is turned on. The frame of the sound bar is extruded aluminum with channels that will let you mount the clamps top, bottom, or back side anywhere along the entire length, the actual clamps stand the sound bar just far enough away from the roll bar to allow a Honda clamp to fit in there, it touches but doesn't crush anything.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I comes with all the wiring and a fuse needed ran the wiring along the roll cage, a single small wire to an ignition hot wire and the main direct to the battery. Comes on automatically when key is turned on. The frame of the sound bar is extruded aluminum with channels that will let you mount the clamps top, bottom, or back side anywhere along the entire length, the actual clamps stand the sound bar just far enough away from the roll bar to allow a Honda clamp to fit in there, it touches but doesn't crush anything.

So it's a Honda mirror and Honda clamp?? And it gets low enough to see beneath the black Honda bag you have hanging on the back roll cage bar? Like everyone else, I too appreciate the time and effort you put into your expose' in this thread!!!!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!