NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She wasn’t bleeding even. But yes I know what you mean. Seen a lot of bad ones, you never know what to say
Yeah most of the time there are no words. On road or off road, their own fault or not, ultimately getting them the medical attention they need is the only thing that matters. Keeping them calm and getting them to understand they are even hurt is sometimes a battle.

RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No way I'd have kids out on a ride with out a helmet.

I didn't grow up wearing a helmet in a car but that car also didn't have a roll bar in it. Roll bars/cages are great but only if you're wearing a helmet. With out it, it'll squash your head like a melon. I actually know a guy who was in a relatively minor fender bender in his miata on his way to a car meet with his kid. Kid hit his head some how on the bar and it was game over. Guy killed himself less than a year later from the grief. All the gear, all the time. Its just part of the hobby.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Posted by local park today

DFDB0A41 EEF0 4C2E ACDA 458D4F1D212E

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think we all agree helmets do their job at preventing head injuries. We all evaluated the risk for ourselves and our families/friends and ultimately (outside of any applicable laws/rules/regulations) that is your choice as an individual and the parent. That said if you choose to justify not wearing one and/or not making your kiddo(s) wear one it is ultimately your decision. Any discussion in this thread is highly unlikely to change anyone's mind.

I agree.

For me I just want to make sure I’m consistent in my message to my kids. IE if I wear a belt, they wear one. Same for helmets.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I should say if were in a place that has heavy traffic my kids do wear their helmet. Theres a lot of people flying on some of these trails with their sport machines. And blind corners scare me. And if an obstacle is sketchy I'll make people get out. This sport depends on safety for the longevity of it. So many people get ruined at windrock I could see them putting a cobosh on the whole thing.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I should say if were in a place that has heavy traffic my kids do wear their helmet. Theres a lot of people flying on some of these trails with their sport machines. And blind corners scare me. And if an obstacle is sketchy I'll make people get out. This sport depends on safety for the longevity of it. So many people get ruined at windrock I could see them putting a cobosh on the whole thing.
blind curves have always worried me. I'm usually leading my group so nobody else has to with some dumbass coming the other way. I wear a helmet %90 of the time and the kids %100 on the trails.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There are two actual atv parks close that are crowded. They allow jeeps and trucks so kids with their dads pickup come in and they over run those spots. I just flat out stay away from that crap. Never been one for congestion but especially with inexperienced kids. Don’t like paying to ride anyways.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are two actual atv parks close that are crowded. They allow jeeps and trucks so kids with their dads pickup come in and they over run those spots. I just flat out stay away from that crap. Never been one for congestion but especially with inexperienced kids. Don’t like paying to ride anyways.
Crazy thing is windrock doesn't allow alchohol. Even search your rig. Rrb doesn't really say anything. Windrock has constant mayhem. I've heard very little if ever about people dieing in rrb. Catch my drift? Its safer to have beer because you slow down as not to spill it or make it go flat. Not joking either.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Crazy thing is windrock doesn't allow alchohol. Even search your rig. Rrb doesn't really say anything. Windrock has constant mayhem. I've heard very little if ever about people dieing in rrb. Catch my drift? Its safer to have beer because you slow down as not to spill it or make it go flat. Not joking either.
You’re logic makes perfect sense about 90% of the time. I guess it’s like areas that don’t allow guns have more shootings...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the way you thunk! HA!

RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
^^^^ Exactly. You never know when or where it will happen. Sometimes it just happens.

Oh just cruising the neighborhood, no need for helmets and seatbelts. We're just going up the road, what could go wrong? Then they're sending lifeflight out after you.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!