NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was a doomsday guy for way too long. Plus we had a serious drought for a few years and everybody's wells were sputtering. Then there's societal collapse scenarios. Water just seemed too important to ignore. You may not want to have to drink it one day but then again it's better for you than sand...

No hang ups drinking it (boiled or lifestraw or whatever), just not the intent. ;) Gasp! I drank from the water hose and streams growing up. hahaha.

I sure won't be found around my house if societal collapse would start. Survival because I have to is completely different than everyday life. Can eat a dead rotting horse if you cook it long enough (or those pesky stray neighborhood cats on the way out of town).

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No hang ups drinking it (boiled or lifestraw or whatever), just not the intent. ;) Gasp! I drank from the water hose and streams growing up. hahaha.

I sure won't be found around my house if societal collapse would start. Survival because I have to is completely different than everyday life. Can eat a dead rotting horse if you cook it long enough (or those pesky stray neighborhood cats on the way out of town).
Cat is Chinese for Thanksgiving

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw earlier in this thread some folks talking about MRE's. This place is in NC and although the prices are higher for retail, they're new made. When purchasing MRE's from a gun show or surplus store, always check the dates and the typical shelf life for MRE's is many years shorter than freeze dried foods.

Reactions: JTW and Ragnar406
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am all for hunan kitty or cat fried rice or sweet and sour stray. And hands down the best name for a chinese restaurant is the Fu King Chinese Restaurant.
I'm assuming you've been to Lake City Florida? Where life is just a pity because everything's really sh**ty. There's or was a Fu-King restaurant there. Memories...

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw earlier in this thread some folks talking about MRE's. This place is in NC and although the prices are higher for retail, they're new made. When purchasing MRE's from a gun show or surplus store, always check the dates and the typical shelf life for MRE's is many years shorter than freeze dried foods.
Was there a link somewhere?

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Homestead Gate. Made from 2" square tubing and cattle panels. I made the front fence from free telephone poles. Living at the end of a dead end road keeps the traffic down too.
IMG 4716

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Having one of these could be beneficial. Screws through some plywood sheets is even cheaper and effective.

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm assuming you've been to Lake City Florida? Where life is just a pity because everything's really sh**ty. There's or was a Fu-King restaurant there. Memories...

I traveled for work (US/Canada) weekly for a decade. I’ve seen more than one Fu King and also a Foo King which made me laugh. I can’t say I recall being in Lake City FL but there was more than once I had to look at the address on the hotel room phone to know where I was when I first woke up in the morning.

Reactions: 100Acre
J

JTW

I traveled for work (US/Canada) weekly for a decade. I’ve seen more than one Fu King and also a Foo King which made me laugh. I can’t say I recall being in Lake City FL but there was more than once I had to look at the address on the hotel room phone to know where I was when I first woke up in the morning.
Eating pills at gay bars will do that to ya!

Reactions: popeye
riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have tried a few times but they keep spraying the feilds up here with something that kills them everytime
I'm picking up my bees tomorrow. Today I set up the shelter, bottom stands and hive bodies. I have a bunch more deep, medium and shallow boxes with frames that I'll add later as the colony begins to grow. When completely grown, each of these hives will stand about 4-5' tall. The front of the hives is pointed south towards the slats. I'll access the hive from behind. Is anybody else raising Bees?
View attachment 75916

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rain barrels over flowed last night. Added an overflow setup to them today. Way more water than I ever expected. Lesson learned.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, just a thought or two of possible conspiracies wobbling around in me head.
They say ebola was caused by eating bushmeat. The problem is, people have been eating bush meat for 1,000’s of years. I'm thinking its man made. A test, so to speak to reduce population and or as a weaponized biological. It's spread by sharing body fluids and I imagine it could also be carried by vectors like rodents, bats, or insects. I'm not sure how it affects them. We've recently heard reports that a number of ebola patients escaped the hospitals where they were quarantined and have taken them home and one to a church of 30 or so worshipers. It's now in a town of over 1.2 million. Things are quiet in reference to what's really happening over there. I wonder too, how things of this type of man made 'Nature" may increase the chances of spreading a pandemic? Humid areas breed tiny monsters...Anyway just a few wobbly thoughts...Maybe I've just got too much time on my hands...
Operation Popeye - Wikipedia

On second thoughts, anyone living in colder climates may have better chances due to vermin die off in deep winter...? And better still those living in less densely populated areas like Idaho.
A warning sign from a few years back in a Kommiefornia national park.
Fullsizeoutput 5cf

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!