Let's talk plows (again)

L

lphegner

Jan 5, 2018
WI US
Picking up my first Pioneer this weekend and in the market for a plow to plow my 300' asphalt driveway and looking for suggestions. My new to me ride is a 2016 P1K5 Deluxe . I want to keep the the price under 1k for the plow setup since I don't plow commercially. After doing some research on here and the web i found many options available in that price range.

What I am really looking for are real world examples of what works and what doesn't. If you have a plow on your machine I would love a quick description of the likes and dislikes of as many options possible to aid in my decision.

I am loving the forum so far as the wealth of information and knowledge is mind blowing. I find myself reading for hours. Looking forward to owning my first Pioneer and thanks in advance for your expert opinions.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Denali Pro series from moto alliance 72" can't go wrong.Let them know you are a club member for discount.... moto alliance has great customer service and they will set you up good. The plow is well built.american made;)

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 72" kfi front mount. Its very simple and works great. Having to do it again i would definitely recommend the kfi poly plow. Neighbors got one and its awsome, very tall plow and front mount for the high lift height.

Reactions: swsebek
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm running a 72" Moose plow that has been great for me.
Actually just got back in the house after pushing back the snow that had drifted and packed hard in my driveway with it.

D

Doniii

Dec 17, 2017
Bel Air, md
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 66in Kolpin High rise mid mount with power angle. Works great!

Last edited:
Reactions: raypa
Klegrand37

Klegrand37

Nov 20, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 66” Eagle plow, I haven’t saw any of the other mentioned in person but mine is built with longevity in mind. Thick gauge steel, to solid plow shoes. I plow 450’ gravel driveway, on my second season now and this thing is a beast. I also have a much smaller machine a p500. I would recommend getting one that is going to be at least 6” wider than your machine on each side when the blade is at full angle.
The only thing that I would like different is to auto control side to side but that’s more of a 1st world problem and the manual one works just fine...

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have 72" Eagle plow on mine, it has front mount also (doesn't lower your ground clearance). I have a 350 gravel driveway plus I plow a path around my land (3 Acres) so far it held up real good. Ive hit things in the snow that have brought everything to a abrupt stop a few times and nothing has been bent yet. Mine also can with a rubber flap to keep the snow from coming over the top of the plow and side markers. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Klegrand37

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!