P1000 NBomars tinkering and silly stuff

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That really doesn’t sound right... has the suspension settled yet?

I added the lift before shocks so I didn’t have any issue. I guess if you had a couple inches of preload over factory shocks it would work out to 4-5”..

Yea doesn’t make a lot of sense. I have buzzed it up and down the road and up and down the curbs... about all I have right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 61273

So my rear shocks after the highlift. Does anyone see a reason this won’t work? It puts the reservoirs out where you can actually adjust them.

Did you do the fronts as well?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my build is "almost" done. We all know it's never done. I figured I would start a thread to show any extra add on stuff and videos I make so I don't muddy up others threads...

First video I've ever done with Garmin Virb editor. I'm sure I will get better. I wanted to ride today with some people and it didn't work out so I ended up going and pulling pictures off my deer cameras on our cattle farm. Turned on the Virb while I was riding around. Pretty crazy how flat the video looks. This property is a nightmare to walk around. With the leaves everywhere, very loose flint rock, and pretty steep hills, I usually fall down every time I walk up/down the hills. It's kind of a long video I tried to edit out some stupid crap. I have some footage from riding Mark Twain National forest I will try and get up soon.

Good video, but that music ........ CRAP, I had to put it on mute ..... lol

Reactions: nbomar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do what to the fronts?

I didn't notice the lift in your other post, all I could concentrate on was the hose clamps, HA! Did you install the front lift as well? Pretty good idea on mounting revisor. Going to tackle the other three A arms today and make alignment adjustments.

Reactions: nbomar
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let us know how it turns out, I'm very interested in doing this to Rooster
I love it. Blocks the sun and cuts down a lot of the air flow. We put on 65 miles at 45-60 mph today with a high temp of 0°F. Much better than just the lower

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love it. Blocks the sun and cuts down a lot of the air flow. We put on 65 miles at 45-60 mph today with a high temp of 0°F. Much better than just the lower
Can you PM me with your posts #'s and the title of the thread, I want to copy your idea, it's a good one!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have two videos from yesterday testing the highlifter kit with shocks turned up (don’t do it) here is the first. The second is uploading now. Both were recorded after I adjusted the suspension of my log wagon.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My view behind @nbomar Riding the Long and Nasty - @Tigermark adding the comments on video

The “nasty” section looks so easy! Haha. It’s not. Lol. That locked up Jeep on 35’s right behind us couldn’t get up and had to winch. Videos make us all look like sissy’s.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For driving a "slow, underpowered, garbage clutched" utility vehicle, it's amazing that you could keep up!

Looks like you guys were having way too much fun!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the hill with no name - @Tigermark gives lots of positive feedback when riding with you :confused:

Took a bounce into tree on side at end and had to winch away from it... good fun

You didn’t include the Icey ledges where it was leaning over! Lol

Reactions: Eltobgi
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the hill with no name - @Tigermark gives lots of positive feedback when riding with you :confused:

Took a bounce into tree on side at end and had to winch away from it... good fun

Or the down hill section of Dave’s Hill!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have two videos from yesterday testing the highlifter kit with shocks turned up (don’t do it) here is the first. The second is uploading now. Both were recorded after I adjusted the suspension of my log wagon.

Here is the my view of same trail

Reactions: Landman and nbomar
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You didn’t include the Icey ledges where it was leaning over! Lol

Not sure what your talking about willis .
Or the down hill section of Dave’s Hill!

Yea but that is just another down hill - I can add to another video

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what your talking about willis .

Yea but that is just another down hill - I can add to another video

If you watch your footage from Long and nasty where we started back at the top, it should be going down Dave’s Hill, then we turn left and go to the ice ledges, then your footage starts right after those ledges.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!