P1000m5 Need or not for dual battery setup

T

tylerk2008

Aug 10, 2021
Sumner,IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently bought a 2018 1000-5 deluxe and am adding a 4500lb winch, honda heater, kenwood radio, and 20 inch nilight light bar. With only these upgrades will i need dual battery setup or will i be okay with what i have with a single battery?

Reactions: ChadD and Rayger143
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
that setup will be ok on 1 battery depending on what your doing with them. if barely winching and only really running radio when motor running then fine.

if doing hard winching ,suction mud or playing music while machine isnt running for periods of time. 2 batteries.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

T

tylerk2008

Aug 10, 2021
Sumner,IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that setup will be ok on 1 battery depending on what your doing with them. if barely winching and only really running radio when motor running then fine.

if doing hard winching ,suction mud or playing music while machine isnt running for periods of time. 2 batteries.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Young7867

Young7867

Jul 25, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I apologize if in wrong forum but could any point me in correct way of wiring up a main power switch for accessory battery with key off. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Reactions: ChadD
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently bought a 2018 1000-5 deluxe and am adding a 4500lb winch, honda heater, kenwood radio, and 20 inch nilight light bar. With only these upgrades will i need dual battery setup or will i be okay with what i have with a single battery?
Hey Tyler - as some have said - you can probably get away with one battery - but why take the chance with a winch and a heater? It can be a fun project to add the 2nd battery too. Here is a full explanation on how to do it with wiring diagrams:

Here is a direct link to the video

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!