P1000 New Shocks

Lee78

Lee78

Nov 26, 2020
Harrogate tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any recommendations on shocks for a p1000 5. I really hate to give up the ride leveling feature of the stock rear shocks but have been looking at the walker Evans and the Honda specific qs3 fox shocks. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought I'd miss the load leveling feature as well. Initially I bought front fox shocks. I rode 1 ride with the front fox shocks and rear load leveling shocks. The front shocks prevented the front end from bottoming out and improved the ride but the rear end was still too stiff and I always hated the chatter of the rear tires under acceleration. I added the rear fox shocks and removed the rear sway bar and the overall ride was a lot better.

I've since switched to Stage 4 Elkas and the ride is softer at low speeds and less harsh at higher speeds. The Elka springs are a single rate and I believe most of the ride quality improvement from Fox to Elka comes from the spring rate change. If you put a more appropriate spring rate on the fox shocks they would be better than what Honda/fox sells

Hking94

Hking94

Dec 11, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a super atv 3 inch lift with arched a-arms. The lift is the bracket lift with front coil spacers. I want to improve the ride with out loosing ground clearance. Have been thinking about buying a set of shocks for the machine but im getting some odd answers from people saying that you wouldnt improve the ride because of the shock angle with the lift, but ive also heard you would see an improvement in the ride with aftermarket shocks? any help would be awesome

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!