Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nfjffm1eox9qito ajfush dbu3mm8uxtnlbv6wkc7wd4rxnhyxikfx5jvrxxbxyzwenfo90y w548 h935 no png16190
Why is the 4th file extension named North Cumberland trails.TBD instead of North Cumberland trails.TYP ? That one thing I see different. And I don't even have a file named 11111212.img something is screwy with your file names. Where did you get them from?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
FYI, anyone reading this Jackal was right. Rename the .TYP file to North Cumberland Trails v2.3.typ (instead of 23NCumbe.typ) and the trail colors will work. Both files have to have the same name, one being a .IMG file and the other being .TYP.

Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
J

JTW

Is there a reason the GPS function isn’t working? Before I get to far into this, I figured I better ask. I’m clueless when it comes to Android. Has there been some kind of change on the new kindle fire hd 8’s that won’t support this app anymore?

531F0312 970C 4A84 A9F6 9CBFC89B8F7C 4ECE8517 C79F 4CB6 B627 57832F638701

I went to the kindle loaded map app and the GPS is working properly. I even loaded the previous version of oruxmaps to try that. I don’t have google play installed yet as I’ve just started messing with this. Any ideas?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Is there a reason the GPS function isn’t working? Before I get to far into this, I figured I better ask. I’m clueless when it comes to Android. Has there been some kind of change on the new kindle fire hd 8’s that won’t support this app anymore?

View attachment 56221 View attachment 56222

I went to the kindle loaded map app and the GPS is working properly. I even loaded the previous version of oruxmaps to try that. I don’t have google play installed yet as I’ve just started messing with this. Any ideas?
Did you turn the GPS tracking function on within the app itself , Upper right hand corner little pop up menu are the top 3 buttons

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Did you turn the GPS tracking function on within the app itself , Upper right hand corner little pop up menu are the top 3 buttons
Also after you turn on GPS tracking then you can enable GPS logging were record your track and you can save them delete him etc. for a each time you go out as all control within the menus on the upper right corner this have to read the PDF file on the user Manual

Reactions: Ragnar406
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sorry I'm not much detailed help right now I left Maryland this morning on my way to Arizona and I won't be home until Wednesday I left my tablet there.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not certain kindle fires support GPS with all apps (or at all) anymore
The whole Amazon vs Google vs Microsoft vs Apple kerfuffle makes the world a pain for end users sometimes

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 56221 View attachment 56222

Looking at your screenshot, you need to close all apps. Then go into settings, the gear icon, then select device, there all hardware options should be available (screen brightness, GPS on off, etc.)

It's not the program, the device has it off to save battery power and privacy settings.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the kindle work good or is the samsung tablet better?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does the kindle work good or is the samsung tablet better?
I'm pretty sure Samsung manufactures the Kindle for Amazon. Just like the iPhone's, even thought Foxconn assembled them most parts are actually manufactured by Samsung. It's really the software that sets them apart, on the 8" models the Sammy and kindle have the same screen resolution. For GPS purpose each is 6x overkill powerwise. So really boils down to battery life length and what makes you feel better.

Reactions: Landman
J

JTW

I'm not certain kindle fires support GPS with all apps (or at all) anymore
The whole Amazon vs Google vs Microsoft vs Apple kerfuffle makes the world a pain for end users sometimes
This is what I’m afraid of..

Reactions: nbomar
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is what I’m afraid of..
All you have to do is install the Google play store on your kindle and it will tell all apps on there for android watch the YouTube video I linked .

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Looking at your screenshot, you need to close all apps. Then go into settings, the gear icon, then select device, there all hardware options should be available (screen brightness, GPS on off, etc.)

It's not the program, the device has it off to save battery power and privacy settings.
I’ve got everything on and and when I try to turn the gps on within the app I get
0EBA8301 3BB6 43FB B7F3 FE689CFB1A15
But the thing is I have the oruxmaps app turned on for location services.

J

JTW

All you have to do is install the Google play store on your kindle and it will tell all apps on there for android watch the YouTube video I linked .
I’ll try that when I get home.. I attempted google play last night but was prompted I couldn’t for whatever reason

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’ve got everything on and and when I try to turn the gps on within the app I get
View attachment 56230
But the thing is I have the oruxmaps app turned on for location services.
I address at last night my reply you're probly have to go into android itself in the settings in enable the GPS chip probably has it turned off to save battery power.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
J

JTW

I address at last night my reply you're probly have to go into android itself in the settings in enable the GPS chip probably has it turned off to save battery power.
Location services is the only option I have for controlling gps features.. I've gone thru the whole settings menu. So I have everything I can find on the tablet to allow for outside apps and location (gps) functions.. On.. But when I try to turn gps on in the oruxmaps I get the prompt. So is that where/why Google play is needed?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!