P1000 Overheating

S

Sabel

Dec 11, 2017
Sheridan, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was out plowing snow yesterday, 45 degrees out, and started smelling coolant. Within seconds steam started coming out the front. Stopped, opened the hood and coolant was boiling out of the reservoir bottle. Fan never came on but overheat idiot light came on after the boil.
After cool down refilled the bottle but I'm stump on the cause.
Is there a way to test the fan?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the fan connection. I believe the relay that runs the fan also runs the fuel pump.
Also check the temp sensor on the engine.

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mine done the same 5 times never no when it going to happen.my dealer has no clue it checks out good ever time I take it in

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@markc
It is common for dealer prep to be questionable on new units.
Try getting the front end as high as you are comfortable working on it.
Take rad cap off, let engine idle until it hits 2 bars on temp gauge, let it burp all the air out, keep radiator topped up while it burps. after a few cycles, you should be all set.

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mine has boiled out and have refilled it at least four times. shouldn't be no air trapped in it by now there going to go over the plugs and grounding points when I bring it back in

Reactions: knuckledeep
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 1000-3 never overheated on its own. I put it on the ramp to toy hauler so it was at 45 degrees, took off cap, let idle and then it burped (puked) antifreeze all over the front of the vehicle. Refilled and capped. No issues running rough slow trails this last weekend in Nevada at 104 degrees. And only once did we get a wind shift that my wife complained about being hot. My reflective material on the seat bottom did the trick. We have a glass solid windshield, canvas side doors, and canvas rear window. Have side windows rolled down. Only once or twice got dusted due to following too close. Overall an uneventful trip with the Honda. But boy did we ever get into some opalized wood and thunder eggs!

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
New Machine 700 miles and its over heated 2 times so far, and then took it to the shop and they said the computer had a wrong temperature setting, That BS. Now the second time and have a shop apt. on the 15 and see what they say this time? the question is how many time til something takes it out?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!