GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I would be interested in that setup but I don’t really care for more power top end so would doing all yours except the AT cam be beneficial?

I think reflash should be the first mod and the camshaft is the second key to unlocking the real horsepower the rest are really supporting mods.

Snuffnwiskey do you want to chime in here?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I’m just sitting here waiting for @snuffnwhisky to tell me what to do... ecu flash is next. Maybe injectors depending on what’s needed fuel wise.

Reactions: joeymt33
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Basic mod order if I modding a stock machine

Enlarge the stock throttle body to air tube adapter and exhaust outlet elbow.

Then second do a reflash

Throttle body

Then the camshaft

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have HMF Titan exhaust and PCV installed. Just looking for next logical step without just throwing money at it. Also have my buddies in my shop that is bone stock performance wise we are looking to upgrade. We both have large mud tires and play in some serious mud holes and just looking for more low end power to help turn the tires.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I have HMF Titan exhaust and PCV installed. Just looking for next logical step without just throwing money at it. Also have my buddies in my shop that is bone stock performance wise we are looking to upgrade. We both have large mud tires and play in some serious mud holes and just looking for more low end power to help turn the tires.

You got the exhaust side freed up now you need to enlarge intake side the stock throttle body to air tube adapter need to be enlarged the stock Pioneer throttle body is 44 mm but the adapter chokes it down to probably about 40 mm.

All the changes I made on the machine the three things that made noticable HP where Talon ECU, African Twin cam, and the Talon throttle body.

The rest are improvements but did not give that OH YEAh that's what we are talking about feeling.

Reactions: Plumber32
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m just sitting here waiting for @snuffnwhisky to tell me what to do... ecu flash is next. Maybe injectors depending on what’s needed fuel wise.

Thought you had Talon ECU?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
IGR is your best bet if in the mud or rock crawling.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

That’s where I’m at too. Just waiting for what comes out of the “village idiots” speed shop

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The throttle body is a plug and play mod
But you need to bore out stock throttle body to air tube adapter or buy a Talon adapter, or a Honda Talon Aluminium Throttle Body Adapter | eBay

Let me do a recap on my mod list
A/T cam and air tube adapter
Cat removed from stock muffler
3/4" hole drilled in muffler
Dual spark plugs
Power Commander
Talon ECU

When you install a African twin cam you loose low end torque and gain top end horsepower,you add Talon's ECU it gives back low end torque but leaves a soft spot in the middle. Installing the 46mm throttle body and injectors eliminated the soft spot in the middle.

I doubt a stock Pioneer would see much benefit without supporting mods:
Cam and Zmorris reflash.

That adapter made for Talon will help and bolt on my pioneer?

Z

Zmorris83

I think reflash should be the first mod and the camshaft is the second key to unlocking the real horsepower the rest are really supporting mods.

Snuffnwiskey do you want to chime in here?

Cam and tune are ALWAYS the top 2 for any mass production, emissions certified vehicle.

Z

Zmorris83

You lost me? What do you mean by generic and full tune?
Timing, fuel, and speed/RPM limiter.

That may not be generic to some, but when I'm accustomed to vehicles with 100s of maps that is extremely generic. The Ford PSD I did Saturday had 855 potential maps. That doesn't include any switches or scalars.

Reactions: GPR1500SC and JTW
Z

Zmorris83

I got my reflashed eco back from Silber turbo and put it on yesterday. I'm not seeing a big difference so I called Justin at silber turbos and he asked me if I was the one that sent the new computer to him, he said the computer will go through a break-in period because it is new so it should get better. I can see that the rev limiter has changed.
o_Oo_O

LMAO, tuning maps are changes in code. 1s and 0s don't "break in". Maybe if only the target was changed, but that would be a really dumb way to tune.

M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Depends on what you want. 200 if it's the generic crap everyone else is putting out. 300 for full tune. I'm not interested in tuning them commercially but I'll be happy to help the forum members out. If we can keep it to popular setups that would help save me time that I don't have. The only reason I even developed tuning for the Pioneer and Talon is because I wanted to tune trans/clutch in both of my own machines.
I am definitely in for a full tune whenever you get it all figured out.
If I knew anything about hexadecimal, I would be more than happy to help. My experience is limited to changing timing and fuel using FTecu on the YXZ I used to own, so I basically know nothing.

Z

Zmorris83

I would be interested in that setup but I don’t really care for more power top end so would doing all yours except the AT cam be beneficial?
If you're wanting more bottom end, me and GPR1500SC are working on a cam profile for that. Something closer to a Pioneer on bottom, possibly even more bottom end, with more mid-range and some extra top end. Works with Talon or AT springs/retainers.

If you combine it with IGR and supporting mods would probably double bottom end.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I may be stupid but what is IGR

Z

Zmorris83

Honda OBD2 Harness Type 1

This cable, a J2534 compliant interface like the 10$ ELM327 and the $5 Torque Pro app should datalog if y'all are interested. $53 is crazy cheap for datalogging.

I know Innovate Logworks OT2 and LC1 work on K line. If you want to add Lambda (and a lot of expense) that is the best option I know.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda OBD2 Harness Type 1

This cable, a J2534 compliant interface like the 10$ ELM327 and the $5 Torque Pro app should datalog if y'all are interested. $53 is crazy cheap for datalogging.

I know Innovate Logworks OT2 and LC1 work on K line. If you want to add Lambda (and a lot of expense) that is the best option I know.

Does that output speed and tach over the interface?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!