P1000 P1k Pre-order Responses

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I'm in Kentucky. My dealer is not large or in a large town. I called her so early in the 2016 model year that she had not even heard Honda was going to release a new 1000. I had really been looking for a SxS but I was NOT going to buy a CVT. That brought me to the Pioneer and here to these forums. I almost bought the 700, but I hooked up just exactly at the time when rumors were flying and taking shape into facts.
We kinda struck up a bit of a relationship due to my enthusiasm and over time she promised me the first one. It turn out as with many dealers, they are only allocated 1 the during the first shipment. I was really looking for the 3 EPS but since the 5 deluxe is the only one coming out initially and red is AOK by me, I decided to buy.
That is almost my exact story! My dealer is in west ky.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is almost my exact story! My dealer is in west ky.
OK that's something. I'm in Western Kentucky also....we both then are pretty rural....can I ask what town? I know you may not want to say but there can't be that many Honda dealers around here. I believe since you are looking at other than the red deluxe model you will be waiting for at least the second shipment. I wonder if you are buying from the same dealer? She did say that if I didn't buy she had two others asking. Is your dealer a she?

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
OK that's something. I'm in Western Kentucky also....we both then are pretty rural....can I ask what town? I know you may not want to say but there can't be that many Honda dealers around here. I believe since you are looking at other than the red deluxe model you will be waiting for at least the second shipment. I wonder if you are buying from the same dealer? She did say that if I didn't buy she had two others asking. Is your dealer a she?
My dealer is a man i don't mind saying its FDR in Paducah,ky they are really friendly people from what I can tell

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer is a man i don't mind saying its FDR in Paducah,ky they are really friendly people from what I can tell
Excellent....I work in Paducah. I didn't realize they were atv/utv dealers, don't know why. How great it is that both of us are getting the first in the area. I take it you are getting the Deluxe in red and I know we will both be smiling ear to ear come this time in October. Looking forward to hearing from you and your thoughts. Let me (us) know when you have it at home and I will do the same.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have family in Puducah! next time I visit out there I'll drag my 700 with me. @Ned @Duramax

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Excellent....I work in Paducah. I didn't realize they were atv/utv dealers, don't know why. How great it is that both of us are getting the first in the area. I take it you are getting the Deluxe in red and I know we will both be smiling ear to ear come this time in October. Looking forward to hearing from you and your thoughts. Let me (us) know when you have it at home and I will do the same.
I ordered the camo 1000-5 deluxe. I probably wont see mine until late oct but im anxious! I live in northwest TN but im not extremely fond of my closest dealer so I ventured out to Paducah. I sure hope everything turns out great with FDR in Paducah because if there customer service is good then I will be one of there life long customers.

S

SHAWNSHONDA

Jun 23, 2015
Scott,La
I know a good many of us have contacted our local dealers about "getting on the list" for the P1k.
Please let the club know what they are saying...
Were you required to put down a deposit to get one of the first?

Let us know.
Thanks.
Stopped in this morning at my Honda dealer.He said they have one coming in on the 1st and more on the 15th. Oh did I say the first one is mine. Come on October!

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stopped in this morning at my Honda dealer.He said they have one coming in on the 1st and more on the 15th. Oh did I say the first one is mine. Come on October!
Please let us know when you take delivery. Before you mentioned it all the information I have been seeing is that other than the Red Deluxe, all the others wouldn't be out until early November. You must be going to a very large place for them to be getting multiple first order Red's. Or maybe my info is wrong and your guys are getting other models before everyone else. In any event, I'm like you just waiting for mine to come in so knowing you have gotten one will just stoke the fires.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I saw on FB yesterday that the P1k had hit some warehouses and would be shipped out pretty quick . Honda of Russellville posted that on fb. The next few week are gonna drag by while waiting on my P1k5d to get here !

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This one? It's from the Honda factory in SC. It was originally posted by DFWHonda.
Fc17b86ac5e4c5a8d9e4a1222ccd5469
I would say things are falling into place for a healthy supply.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I want enough of them on the Dealership floor's they sell them for 85% of the MSRP.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Talked to my dealer today , they said they got one coming on the 1st of October and 9 more shipping out on the 14th, and yes the first one is mine! Only bad thing is they said the accessories won't be in until around the 10th of October so no roof and windshield for the first rides

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The P1K forums have been a bit quiet of late. Probably because all the talking is pretty much done until our machines come it. With any luck at all I should be driving me new Pioneer on October 9th. If I'm not so lucky it will be the 14th. Surely being from a smaller town and dealership, others should have theirs a few days earlier. Make sure Y'all speak out when you get yours.... :)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The P1K forums have been a bit quiet of late. Probably because all the talking is pretty much done until our machines come it. With any luck at all I should be driving me new Pioneer on October 9th. If I'm not so lucky it will be the 14th. Surely being from a smaller town and dealership, others should have theirs a few days earlier. Make sure Y'all speak out when you get yours.... :)

We are all jonesing for delivery, you have any idea how hard it is to type :D

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I just took a call from my dealer....Delivery got bumped 3 days from the 5th to the 8th. Which means I probably won't see it until at least the 14th....NOT too thrilled.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!