Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
No it's not. You could say they're all ladies machines, some just have much bigger asses, lol! If they ever get tired of riding the dirt freeways, bring those buses to my trail system and watch the P5 slap that fat ass! :oops:
Really LMAO.......:cool:

J

JTW

So rather than talk all “rough” about a P 5....just admit you bought a sxs on price-you wanted a SPORT sxs but couldn’t or did not want to pant the price. It is just that simple! The P5 is and does exactly what Honda claims/is my favorite...just sayin
Yeah.. that must be it. Lol
D4B1C1D5 D067 445B 8502 6CB73C0D60A5

J

JTW

Yeah, that was the Jackal P5 ride. Couldn't believe when it was over that Bad Bowtie got that shot! Glad he did because no one would've believed it. The passenger side was pressed up against the mud wall because the rut was so deep, the other wheels weren't touching either and somehow got through that with no wheels touching the ground and dragging the belly. Everyone underestimates the capabilities of the P5 until I'm shaking their hand at the Top of the World. ;)
Pffft... top of the world? That ain’t no challenge. An LE can make it to the top of the world!

J

JTW

don't think I would say it but
this is what I was thinking when my 6ft 275 butt sat in it at the dealer, and my 12yr old, no way me and the wife are fitting in this. also wondering why every one liked it so much when you have to pay to mod it to be as good as the stock 700 when its only 2k more.

had the rhino its suspension was worlds better than either the 500 or 7. but I looked at the wolverine too and the 700 was more "new" rhino than the wolverine with no dumping bed and recliner seats.
Finally someone else speaking a little truth! You see people selling the p500 and going to wolverines and p1000’s... nobody that does any serious riding sells their 1000 to buy a p500.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally someone else speaking a little truth! You see people selling the p500 and going to wolverines and p1000’s... nobody that does any serious riding sells their 1000 to buy a p500.
Only a real jerk would buy a 500 when they got a wife and 2 kids. Oh wait, nevermind...

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
No doubt there are other machines that bring more to the table as far as suspension and HP. The P5 is unique only because of its size and reliability. I know you had one for a bit and it wasn't for you, it's definitely not a great trail machine off the lot. Probably not the most cost efficient either but after pouring a ton of time and money into one, you'd be surprised how much different a fully dressed P5 is compared to what you experienced. It'll still never do Dragons Back but it can cross a 50" bridge and climb hills that a better equipped Ranger couldn't.
Lol, as for putting around and seeing the sights, we saw the bus convoy's driving around this. :D

View attachment 114703

That was a fun ride with a lot of the guys on here! I think thats the hole that bowtie found a log to drop in that hole after Trigger went through!

I guess I'm the exception to everyone else that I started with a P5, sold it, bought a P1k3, sold it and got a new P500 auto. Then sold it. That second one wasn't like the first one whatsoever! It had to go and I'm machine less currently!

Last edited:
J

JTW

That was a fun ride with a lot of the guys on here! I think thats the hole that bowtie found a log to drop in that hole after Trigger went through!

I guess I'm the exception to everyone else that I started with a P5, sold it, bought a P1k3, sold it and got a new P500 auto. Then sold it. That second one wasn't like the first one whatsoever! It had to go and I'm machine less currently!
Get a wolverine!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

That's interesting. How was the second one different?
Pffft... top of the world? That ain’t no challenge. An LE can make it to the top of the world!
Notice the Skill here: he manages to offend two different groups in one post. You guys better save up...

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4

Wasnt me throwing logs into it. I was wanting to play but before I could get up there everyone was throwing logs in it. LoL To be honest the 500 ride was just an average moderate ride for us. For the type of riding we do the 500 just can't do what we would like. I'm glad I got the 500 first because I've met this great group of people, but other than that I woulda been much better off with a 1000 or wolverine. Granted we ride Windrock almost exclusively, so no width restrictions. The wider the better!

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@DG Rider

two things I hated compared to the first one, the higher torso bars made me VERY UNCOMFORTABLE...I tried foam noodles and they didn't help. I couldn't reach my left arm out at all and the old one allowed me much more movement! Second, the gearing, The old one, first gear was lower than new one! I hated that automatic clunk and that auto downshifting when coming to a stop. So I SOLD it and moving on!

C

Chooglin

@DG Rider

two things I hated compared to the first one, the higher torso bars made me VERY UNCOMFORTABLE...I tried foam noodles and they didn't help. I couldn't reach my left arm out at all and the old one allowed me much more movement! Second, the gearing, The old one, first gear was lower than new one! I hated that automatic clunk and that auto downshifting when coming to a stop. So I SOLD it and moving on!
I see a Talon in your future :)

C

Chooglin

I hate to repeat myself but as I have said before , the amount of money that one needs to spend on the 500 just to get it to a pleasurable machine , is ridiculous. In stock form , there just isn't much there.

If I had it to do over again , I would have bought a more desirable machine for the same amount of money (maybe less) than I have in my 500. I have enjoyed the process of modifing it but damn , it was expensive!

I don't hate my 500 but I do have a desire for a better machine. Should I ever get another machine , I hope to keep my 500 too , I love the utility part of the 500.........this S.O.B can push some snow !!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I hate to repeat myself but as I have said before , the amount of money that one needs to spend on the 500 just to get it to a pleasurable machine , is ridiculous. In stock form , there just isn't much there.

If I had it to do over again , I would have bought a more desirable machine for the same amount of money (maybe less) than I have in my 500. I have enjoyed the process of modifing it but damn , it was expensive!

I don't hate my 500 but I do have a desire for a better machine. Should I ever get another machine , I hope to keep my 500 too , I love the utility part of the 500.........this S.O.B can push some snow !!!
God rue the day that the creator of the custom P5 glove box walks away from the venerable P5. If I was closer I’d wash your mouth out with soap lmao....:D:D:D:D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wasnt me throwing logs into it. I was wanting to play but before I could get up there everyone was throwing logs in it. LoL To be honest the 500 ride was just an average moderate ride for us. For the type of riding we do the 500 just can't do what we would like. I'm glad I got the 500 first because I've met this great group of people, but other than that I woulda been much better off with a 1000 or wolverine. Granted we ride Windrock almost exclusively, so no width restrictions. The wider the better!

Mudder gave me a couple logs that I threw in, got blasted with mud as the splatter couldn't go anywhere but back at me. I had a blast though and I'm glad you started with the 500 too. :cool:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!