• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

People selling their pioneers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HP5NC, Nov 23, 2018.

1. JTW

JTW God's favorite member.
    Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    sharp and CumminsPusher like this.
  2. HP5NC

HP5NC Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    Went to a local (non Honda) dealer today looking for a gear bag for my P5. Got a chance to finally see a Wolverine X2 in person. Very nice machine. Didn’t appear to be as wide in person as on paper at 59.1”.

Plumber32, sharp and CumminsPusher like this.
  3. DirtDigger

DirtDigger New Member

Ownership:
    700-2
    He went with the 1000 5 seater

HP5NC and sharp like this.
  4. mjn

mjn Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member Supporting Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
  5. HP5NC

HP5NC Well-Known Member

Ownership:

I agree with everything you said honestly. I use my SxS the exact same way. I just don’t like them overly wide. 60” is as wide as I’d ever go. I’ve been able to do and go every where I need with my P5. I hope some day (now that this talon is out and Honda can maybe continue to improve exsisting models) that Honda will make the improvements that the P5 could use and needs.

sharp and CumminsPusher like this.
  6. JTW

JTW God's favorite member.

Ownership:
    1000-5
  7. DavidBear

DavidBear Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I agree whole heartedly. And when out of towners (Nebraska in-laws) stop by we have 4 adults and a blue tick dog going to see the Colorado sights in the PK5…

Plumber32, sharp and TimG like this.
  8. Mudder

Mudder Patriot Rider
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Grass is always greener on the other side, but with a Honda, you get home with mud on the tires, and not your shoes.

HP5NC, Backwoods, ohanacreek and 4 others like this.
  9. Stauvo

Stauvo Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    TimG, HP5NC, Backwoods and 5 others like this.
  10. jwfirebird

jwfirebird Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    700-2
    ive always had kawi quads and the first 3 wheeler i bought, they were always a better value till i bought the rhino used (1300 miles from my house and had it shipped) and the can am was a bad idea, but i always wanted a honda but they were always 50 to 100 percent more. till this pioneer, the first time i can say i got a good machine for decent money on a honda is most of the reason why it was that one. it was maybe a grand more than a the leftover brute and 2 less than the wolverine 2018 at the same dealer, seems like honda is finnally realizing the pricing is their biggest issue. they had a forman 500 with eps, otd 2 or 3 less than the brute too, might consider one when i get a qaud again to add for trails

second time i saw a pioneer yesterday, one 700-4 one 2, both were power line owned must be by the look of the guys riding it, everybody is a cheap farmer around here, you only see the super cheap utvs, rangers, gators, mules, etc

#110 jwfirebird, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    sharp likes this.
  11. 100Acre

100Acre Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    swsebek likes this.
  12. Tigermark

Tigermark i4wd? Really?
    Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member

From South Louisiana, live in Vancouver Washington
    Ownership:
    1000-3, 1000-5
    CumminsPusher and 100Acre like this.
  13. shoplizard

shoplizard New Member

Ownership:
    My P500 is the 1st and only SxS (or ATV ) I have owned. It is a 2016 and we have been using it on weekends to ride in the mountains here in central Montana. It has been a lot of fun on our trips. We ride with 3 0r 4 other couples (about our age, 60-70), they drive Polaris RZR's, 570-600 cc I guess. We keep up with them quite well on the trails, they pass my wife and me on the paved roads because they can travel 45 mph versus my max of 40 MPH. that's ok though we eventually catch up to them and continue on the trails. The Forest Service trails are only 50' wide, not 56' so my P500 works well. I like the paddle shift trans. the 500 cc engine has excellent torque, we haven't found a hill on the trails we couldn't climb. I also like the compression braking down the hills, I very seldom use my brakes downhill. The people in the Rzr's are constantly using their brakes and tell me they have to replace pads almost every year. My P500 fits well in the bed of my pickup and is easy to load and unload, so we can be loaded and ready to go on a moments notice. I think we are sticking with our P500, it has been a good and reliable ride.

500oneer, Landman, TimG and 1 other person like this.
  14. Montecresto

Montecresto Montecresto el segundo

Ownership:
    500, 1000-3, 1000-5
    trigger likes this.
  15. Mike Martsolf

Mike Martsolf Active Member

Ownership:
    Had my P 5 since 2015-my wife and just think it is pretty OK! Traveled over 5000 miles. My only complaint is rear diff noise & would like a little more top speed. That said/had the opotunity to spend a week with a new Maverick Trail. Very nice butt—hard for me to get in & out of, poor visibility-base cost is not much more than the P5 but it’s belt drive and never got used to the initial engagement of the clutch’s. Looking to buy in the spring/me thinks another P5 is in my future or a 700 and keep the P5

trigger likes this.
  16. jwfirebird

Ownership:
    700-2
    the can ams have an abrupt engine brake but after you learn to slowly let off the throttle didn't seem so bad. I think though the wolverine 2 would be the best over all machine for reliable machine for mostly trails, ride nice and they have the best belt system out there, you can beat the heck out of it and never have a problem, just driving it not as abrupt either

JTW likes this.
  17. jgritters

jgritters New Member

Ownership:
    700-4

18. jgritters

jgritters New Member

Ownership:
    700-4
    that’s funny. I also came from a kymco uxv 450i.
    That little machine was high quality but I needed more room for the family. Still getting to know my new 700.

trigger and DG Rider like this.
  19. DG Rider

DG Rider Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    I looked at the Arctic Cat/Textron/Arctic Cat version of the 450i...the Prowler 500. It looked really well made...but I couldn't quite get over the Kymco part, though I must admit that I could find very few issues with them.

20. jwfirebird

Ownership:
    700-2
    you normally find the quality issues with those cats and polaris and others when you go in mud or water toward top of the tire or more. any bit of the rad has mud they overheat and they dont like getting wet the artics just quit and popo wont restart after being in the mud because of where the fools put part of the start circuit.

really where the japaneese engineering for over sized rads and mud proof connections out of the way is really seen

Mudwing likes this.