People selling their pioneers...

J

JTW

Same woods as you’ll find in NC that you’ll see in Kentucky. It’s no secret @JTW that you hate/hated your P5 I assume you burned it set it on fire and didn’t bother selling or trading lol. It’s all good. That’s why I started this thread seeing so many parting ways with their pioneer be it the 500 700 or 1000. But if your gonna trash one of the pioneers that’s ok and your opinion but at least give some details as to why the P5 sucked so bad in the harsh Kentucky woods. We’d like to know or at least I would. Cheers
Why? Because this little bastard could go more better! All he did was grin and make snarky comments after we raced!

128AAA63 DAE6 412C 8B8B B7C950C907FA

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Why? Because this little bastard could go more better! All he did was grin and make snarky comments after we raced!

View attachment 94861

I don’t know man. Maybe you need a driver training coarse on how to operate the P5? I mean I could see how it gets confusing whether to choose auto or manual mode then there’s the paddles and not to mention the two peddles on the floor board. Mine is undefeated and never been stuck. Sorry the little tike hurt your pride. Better luck next time.

J

JTW

I don’t know man. Maybe you need a driver training coarse on how to operate the P5? I mean I could see how it gets confusing whether to choose auto or manual mode then there’s the paddles and not to mention the two peddles on the floor board. Mine is undefeated and never been stuck. Sorry the little tike hurt your pride. Better luck next time.
I’ll have you know I was the top driver in my online class!

Never been stuck, ehhh??

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Debating selling my 1000-5 next summer. I ride a mix of local parks and WV. Got the pioneer so the whole family could ride. My wife doesnt care to ride as she gets motion sickness, and all my WV trips turn into guys weekends as I am the only one in my group with kids. I use to have a RZR that wasnt too bad, was a lot more fun in the mountains, but didnt care for the small things that always needed attention. Local parks my kids have their own ATV's now and they like to ride. So really the only time I use the 5 seater is around the neighborhood.. which a golf cart could handle. So im gonna at least keep it through winter and see how I feel next summer. Its a great machine, just not sure its what i would want for just me riding around. If I do decide to go to something different, it will hopefully be the Talon or Can-am Sport.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I had a Yamaha Rhino that was really good for a 450. I had a couple Polaris Rangers (don't get me started!) Always have had good luck with the Honda or Yamaha brands. My reasons for selling my 1000 in favor of the 500? Some of the trails I ride were the tight restricted trails and its perfect for that. I often ride alone and I never have to worry about not getting back to the truck from mechanical breakdowns. Not hard on the wallet for a single father paying child support and making ends meet; its what I CAN AFFORD!!

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I had a Yamaha Rhino that was really good for a 450. I had a couple Polaris Rangers (don't get me started!) Always have had good luck with the Honda or Yamaha brands. My reasons for selling my 1000 in favor of the 500? Some of the trails I ride were the tight restricted trails and its perfect for that. I often ride alone and I never have to worry about not getting back to the truck from mechanical breakdowns. Not hard on the wallet for a single father paying child support and making ends meet; its what I CAN AFFORD!!

Glad your enjoying your P5. I love mine. I don’t see how folks ride and get around if you live east of the Mississippi. The trails and woods are just to tight in my opinion. The market has a big gap for 50-56” machines. If you live out west or have huge amounts of acerage then the width and length wouldn’t be such an issue.

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think alot of it is that the Pioneer's are just too utilitarian for most(myself included). I had just over 6k on my 2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-spec, there's no way I would or could have put that kind of mileage on any Pioneer. I don't think the long term comfort and suspension plushness of the Pioneer can compare to the other models available. Reliability is a good thing, but you need the comfort as well. I'm very optimistic the Talon will bridge that gap.

J

JTW

You just couldn’t commit...

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I think alot of it is that the Pioneer's are just too utilitarian for most(myself included). I had just over 6k on my 2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-spec, there's no way I would or could have put that kind of mileage on any Pioneer. I don't think the long term comfort and suspension plushness of the Pioneer can compare to the other models available. Reliability is a good thing, but you need the comfort as well. I'm very optimistic the Talon will bridge that gap.
What? There’s several that have that many miles and more on their pioneer.
@hondabob has a few miles on his.
While I get what you’re saying on the suspension... with some shocks and bigger tires it’s a different machine.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
What? There’s several that have that many miles and more on their pioneer.
@hondabob has a few miles on his.
While I get what you’re saying on the suspension... with some shocks and bigger tires it’s a different machine.
Don't forget @Vato i have know he had 4k on his and I'm sure plenty more since.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not saying Wolverine isn’t more comfortable but we own both machines and a Pioneer will follow a Wolverine a lot better then one would think! The Wolverine is a beast especially out the box but a good equipped Pioneer does have some advantages even on single track tightness.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Not saying Wolverine isn’t more comfortable but we own both machines and a Pioneer will follow a Wolverine a lot better then one would think! The Wolverine is a beast especially out the box but a good equipped Pioneer does have some advantages even on single track tightness.

The original Wolverine or the new X2?? Vs which pioneer???

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The original Wolverine or the new X2?? Vs which pioneer???
Original. I think the x2 would do good as well however I’d prefer Wolverine personally. But we ride really hard sometimes and I’m saying the Pioneer 1000 can flat out perform for a “farm rig”

Last edited:
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Original. I think the x2 would do good as well however I’d prefer Wolverine X2 personally. But we ride really hard sometimes and I’m saying the Pioneer 1000 can flat out perform for a “farm rig”

I agree! I wish they made a 50-56” wide P1K! Be the best SxS on the market IMO. I’d pay top dollar.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree! I wish they made a 50-56” wide P1K! Be the best SxS on the market IMO. I’d pay top dollar.
If Talon is what it’s supposed to be and the hints of a 60” wide machine are true then that will give even the Wolverine a hard time and I’d be more interested possibly then Yxz we’re looking at. One big advantage where I like to ride though the full length roof on p1k5 can’t be touched. The short roofs don’t hang on to the trees long enough, just ask @Tigermark lol. But a true sport will never have that

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want a true rec/utility machine a crossover. No more than 56” wide.
I'd like to see something like this as well. I think you mentioned a Midsized Defender, and I've heard rumors of such. Or a M/S viking would be nice (AKA Rhino II). Unfortunately, the trend seems to be bigger and bigger.

Reactions: HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I'd like to see something like this as well. I think you mentioned a Midsized Defender, and I've heard rumors of such. Or a M/S viking would be nice (AKA Rhino II). Unfortunately, the trend seems to be bigger and bigger.

Yep a midsize P1K or defender, Viking etc. no more than 56” wide. Capable of playing and working equally. Doesn’t have to be a super sport either. 600-800ish or so cc is plenty. There’s a HUGE hole in the market for it too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!