Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s already sprayed down with stain remover and soaking in the sink. Misty is trying to save it. [HASHTAG]#GoodWife[/HASHTAG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You took your sweater off, before?

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I welded a ball end to a long T-handle.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did my first oil change last night. Thanks guys for the heads up, I put a small piece of cardboad in the skid plate hole to devert the oil from the drain plug. Also i used a pair of internal snapring pliers to remove the filters easily. I have an air filter but after reading above I may wait till I see @nbomar and let him change it!!!!! :p

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Some one should make some kinda bolt with a t handle on it so you can quickly remove it by hand lol
No some one needs a face to face with the assembly line monkeys that use the pneumatic tools on the Phillips and Allen head bolts, and twist thier balls as tight as the dang screws and ask does this feel like 4 ft. Lbs torque?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No some one needs a face to face with the assembly line monkeys that use the pneumatic tools on the Phillips and Allen head bolts, and twist thier balls as tight as the dang screws and ask does this feel like 4 ft. Lbs torque?
The biggest problem I have run across with Phillips head screws/bolts beside overtightening, is trying to find a JIS #2 to go onto my 3/8 hand impact driver to break the damn things free. A reg Phillips #2 does not fit as well.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

That is the one thing that my friend was worried about in buying her Pioneer. She grew up in Timmonsville and knowing the “intelligence” level there was worried about the folks she grew up with assembling her ride ...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok how the F do you get the top three Allen head bolts out of the air cleaner cover. I tried with a regular allen and couldn’t get it. Went and bought T handles and still can’t get the crap to budge. Tried taking the two bolts out of the side of the cover to lean it down and get a better angle and that does nothing. I’m not a 75 lb 3ft tall Japanese guy and this is frickin stupid! Help please.

Every locking extension you have in your toolbox and allen head socket, ⅜ impact driver, took me longer to get the tools than get the allen screws out. Getting the dang push pin centers back from under the machine because they wouldn't come out of the plastic made me happy I bought extras when I was doing my initial build up.

The 5seat bed is a P.I.T.A. to work under for any reason because of how low the footwell braces come down, needs to tilt another 10-15 degrees.

They are even chamfered to make the non-perpendicular access bolts easy to get in and out.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got it thanks to the recommendation from @Neohio and removed the seat. Still a huge PITA. Can’t believe the Honda engineers thought this was a good idea. My other brand that started with a P was literally 30 seconds to get to the air filter and change it.

Honda p1000 air filter change guide:

Step 1 - disassemble entire machine.

Step 2 - try not to strip Allen heads since they were put on with a 3/4 impact.

Step 3 change filter and reassemble entire machine.

View attachment 56093View attachment 56094View attachment 56095

That is all folks.

I also ruined a brand new first time worn white work polo because I’m too hard headed to change. I thought it would be a super simple job when I started. My wife is super proud and happy with me. Lol

I don’t wear anything resembling white if I’m anywhere near my pioneer, I don’t even like wearing white socks! Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I got it thanks to the recommendation from @Neohio and removed the seat. Still a huge PITA. Can’t believe the Honda engineers thought this was a good idea. My other brand that started with a P was literally 30 seconds to get to the air filter and change it.

Honda p1000 air filter change guide:

Step 1 - disassemble entire machine.

Step 2 - try not to strip Allen heads since they were put on with a 3/4 impact.

Step 3 change filter and reassemble entire machine.

View attachment 56093View attachment 56094View attachment 56095

That is all folks.

I also ruined a brand new first time worn white work polo because I’m too hard headed to change. I thought it would be a super simple job when I started. My wife is super proud and happy with me. Lol

Lmao!! Those directions are spot on

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lmao!! Those directions are spot on
Well the good thing about it is the fact that your air filter was dirty enough to need changing, so it wasn't for nothing! I bet you would've been REALLY teed off if, after all that, your filter would've looked almost like new! I wonder if installing something like a K&N cold air intake filter on the end of a snorkel would keep your primary filter clean enough to never change or even look at it?

76mm and 160mm height car high flow k n cone

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lmao.. I particularly like your rag in the gas tank comment! You can always tell when someone that doesn’t work on their own s*** designs something!
Yep. Especially true on a frequently maintained item like an SXS air filter!!!! C'mon man!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well the good thing about it is the fact that your air filter was dirty enough to need changing, so it wasn't for nothing! I bet you would've been REALLY teed off if, after all that, your filter would've looked almost like new! I wonder if installing something like a K&N cold air intake filter on the end of a snorkel would keep your primary filter clean enough to never change or even look at it?

View attachment 56133
Luckily as it is most people will only have to tackle this once a year but I'd be willing to bet your right that you'd dang near never need to check it with a prefilter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!